Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

We now know it is not him …. I remember Simon was the teacher and drag artist who was very loud and loved parties …. his OTT character was not well received and he was subsequently dropped very quickly …. most of that whole household were and all …. the accountant girl too …. did not make much of an impression it seems ??

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Not a hint that Georgie could be into fellas before this? Are you for real? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@lumphammer2 When Georgie was first introduced.

Sharon was doing a course and she was talking about this young lad who was into her to make Anto Jealous.

Then Georgie showed up and it was taken it was sort of a joke because Georgie was gay.

Then lots of us was confused when he started going out with Gwen.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

The actor who played Simon Says he left because he couldn't afford the rent in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,889 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe Georgie is bisexual

I'm surprised we haven't had any comments from Gwen about Ronan and Georgie yet, must be her shed time off the actress

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Niall_76

What is the motive people seem to think Mark has for murdering Laura?

Is it way comprehendible that he was so annoyed that she initially didn’t want to sell the house that he would kill her 2 years later? And I thought it was Damo didn’t want to sell?

I suppose if Laura died he might get the money.

I think it's hard to call at the moment.

I wouldn't rule out Maxine/Laura hooking up and DI McCabe doing it for some reason.

When Ciaran kidnapped Katy it was fairly obvious it was him.

So, it might be Georgie going b Fair City standards. The only reason I can think of him acting the way he does is if he had a missing/murdered family member.

If it was for money, Laura's bank statements can confirm how much was left or if money was taken

Maybe Mairead or Phoebe did it for to fund college

I hope the storyline has a satisfactory ending outcome at least as usually the storylines have no endings

At least junkie Pete is returning, Enda out of the shed

It was implied Georgie was gay …. I had assumed so too …. then he dated Gwen …. now he is bisexual …. but FC and other soaps change the sexual orientation of characters on a whim … to suit storylines …. Sash is another example …. bisexual is handy for characters ….

But Georgie with that Garda is for a reason …. is Georgie a male Kerri Ann ?? … or merely a witness to a brutal murder who is threatened not to reveal it by the murderer ?? …. he has to be involved some way …. assuming Georgie is the witness then it is down to the Halpin Bros …..

• Advertisement

I never said there wasn't hints …. but nothing concrete …. they only nailed down he was bisexual for this storyline …. I have not watched every single episode either though …. when it has mundane storylines I tune out ….

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Otis Hill

If Georgie had witnessed it and was threatened into silence, surely he'd not stay living in the area, regularly walking past where the crime occurred. He could easily move farther away from the crime scene and the actual killer

I think Damo or Mark being the killer for financial reasons would be flawed logically. Whoever did it, hid the body. But for Mark or Damo to inherit Laura's money, she'd have to be declared dead. If they needed the money then hiding the body would be a major obstacle to getting it.

But it's not like logic applies to Fair City so anything is possible 🤷‍♂️

Mairead opens this card Tomorrow!

This would reflect the real world …. soapworld will make everything convenient for the storyline …. there are plenty things that happen in FC/other soaps that are not realistic and require too many coincidences …. someone like Kerri Ann turning into the violent killer she became for instance was highly unlikely in real life …. plus some of the relationship pairings often involving huge age gaps are very unlikely in the real world …. FC/any soap have a set of characters and they are employed …. stories have to be made with them no matter how unlikely pairing many of them are !! …

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Cheval

In the whole George, Sharon, Anto threesome debacle Georgie also mentioned being bisexual. Something like "I know I'm bisexual and everything but that doesn't mean I want a threesome."

What you say is what would point against things being either Mark or Damien …. IIRC Laura was addicted to some pills at some stage so the Halpin Bros poisoning her and blaming it on her addiction to something would make better sense …. but I am not the writer …. until something better convinces me otherwise I will stick to Georgie as the killer ….

The other possibility is a totally new character being introduced and he becomes a serial killer …. or the revival of a past character …. who resumes killing …. who was it killed Leo's Russian wife for example ?? … or that racist murderer called Flanagan played by your man from Killinaskully ?? I do not remember if he died or went to prison …. I know his pal Morgan hung himself …. there is also Ciaran of Katy fame played by Johnny Ward from Love/Hate …. we never saw him die and he could attempt to snatch a new victim ….

Some have said your man the Nigerian Taxi driver is the murderer …. but I doubt FC would have a character such as him into a complete villain for fairly obvious reasons ….

The other thing with Laura's murder/manslaughter/accidental killing …. it is not determined yet if it is a murder …. is what the motive could be …. it could be ….

…. a personal dispute Laura has with a family member ….

…. a pervert or a sicko who kills her during a struggle after a kidnap attempt ….

…. Laura got herself involved in crime in some way ….

…. an anti gay or anti woman serial killer ….

…. a serial killer in general ….

…. a tragic accident and panic ….

…. a friend who happens to be a Cliff Richard fanatic who goes ballistic when Laura says she doesn't dig Cliff much !!

Revenge on Damo or Laura herself, McCabe would go after Phoebe I'd think for Mairead not Laura

• Advertisement

This adds into the equation someone related to Mairead's psycho ex husband I presume ?? Someone new …. or some character already in it not yet connected to that guy can't recall his name …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ridiculous long shot here, but yer man Patrick, Cristiano's boyfriend was a bit weird for a while, can't think of a motive other than Laura being an ex of Sash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

… … … … … … ?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

DI McCabe is Mairead's main enemy … forgot her … that note in the clip … besides ex husband's family McCabe would defo have form ….

The more I think about it the more it looks like DI McCabe …. that preview with the card sent to Mairead kinda gives it away … sure it could be mad ex husband Will's … remember his name now! … relatives but Mairead did not kill him …. McCabe is Mairead's enemy …. Mairead did her in a few months ago …. she is out for revenege ….

Damien/Mark dispute with Laura …. Georgie acting strange …. Fergal …. all red herrings though Georgie could be the witness of McCabe's murder ….. McCabe could start to totally destroy Mairead's happiness by taking out members of Damien's family one by one eventually targeting Damien himself …. and Mairead …. McCabe could arrange to try and pin the crime on Mark or on Damien if she chose …. or on Fergal if she wants to kill Mark and Damien …

McCabe is the main villain here without doubt !!

Is the card directly sent to Mairead or to the Halpin family?

Could Laura and McCabe been lovers

McCabe is a wagon and she doesn't like the Halpins.

Did that garda always have that thick of a moustache?

Doug's Amish beard is making progress too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

My theory... it's the young Gardai.... he's made mistakes in the past, he's under pressure, he wants to do well...he killed her.... he'll expect some browny points and a promotion when his detective work reveals that he killed Laura.

The perfect plan...

Advertisement