Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I thought cass, member ruby and Paul's kid were hanging out there making a mess and Sean getting all stressed about it. Another story that never went anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think the victim is Simon in drag character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

where’s the hole that they dug the body up from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Otis Hill

He was supposed to be living with Orla and Jnr in the flat above Vino's but in tonight's episode Kira seemed to imply Sean and Orla don't live together so I guess he's staying with Cass now which at least explains a bit why he was being so fussy with Ruth and Ruby over the mess they were making in Cass's house

"Forget about work" says Babs to Victor, right after she said she was off to do extra work to cover someone else's shift 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Damo's brother obviously has motive. He's also back in Carrigstown after a good long spell in the shed... Soo its obviously him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Does Babs not wonder how Victor is doing all this extra work and yet he isn't making any more money than he usually does.

Well it was probably more of an indentation in the ground than a hole given that Tommy was digging to plant tomatoes which should only require about 6 to 8 inches of digging and he was still able to find her

• Advertisement

More evesdropping.... if Ruby can see Kira, surely Kira can see Ruby???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh dear, Victor is in a spot of bother. Ciara isn't going to go quietly!

Kira literally shouted out that Victor wasn't complaining when he "was in her bed" at the top of her lungs. If Ruby could hear them from where she was then so could everyone else. Lucky for them it was all the mute extras who won't tell anyone

I thought the scenes with Mark and Damo were actually quite good

Georgie is too interested and now mentioning her old house, old room but is he too obvious

Laura arrived back in Ireland on January 11th and killed around then, how was the body and face so badly decomposed that hard to ID since then?

OMG Ruby knows, will she blackmail Victor and Kira, I still cannot see Kira's "love" for Victor, zero chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Photobox

I know! Let's talk about our secret affair in the middle of our local restaurant, as if Kira couldn't see Ruby standing there 😄

Why couldn't Renee be in seeing Bob or Hughie then

They were locked in the shed I presume. There must be a limit on the number of actors that can appear in an episode for budget reasons. It seems like the last couple of weeks though there's been more characters than normal per episode probably to have more characters discussing the impact its had on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Cheval

Victor makes a lot of sense especially from what we learned last night. Laura arrived in Ireland on the 11th and didn't make it to Damien's birthday on the 12th. Victor could have been her taxi from the airport to Carraigstown late at night, maybe Victor hits on her or she finds out something she's not supposed to and when Victor realizes that she knows the local gang in Carraigstown, he drops her off somewhere dark at night and whacks her over the back of the head in panic. It also seems plausible given that the detectives now seem to be focusing on what transport Laura got from the airport.

The 12th was Marks birthday, not Damiens. (I think).

She hadn't been in touch with either for months…my theory is that she never left Carrigstown. Damien and Mark had money worries and didn't want to share the proceeds of the sale of the house with Laura.

Can't remember how Laura got to the Airport (if it was with either Damien or Mark then they killed her on the way). Damien volunteered for the park clean-up to keep an eye on what the Tommy crew were upto, as he possibly knew she was buried there.

Victor murdering a complete stranger..... unlikely.

Damien said at the end of the episode that it was his birthday.

Could be Mark either, they did a nice little diversion from Mark with Damien's speech just before the ad-break so I doubt we'll be seeing any more suspicion on him for a while - which gives the perfect reveal later for him as the killer.

As for Victor killing her, yeah would be less dramatic tension if he did it, but if he really did collect her from the airport then he had means and opportunity.

• Advertisement

Also two other things (I'm probably over thinking this)

1). Damien lost all of his and Mairead's money on the Rafferty development and was going crazy for a few episodes, then suddenly they had no money worries anymore and he was buying kinky outfits etc.

We thought.... Ummm that's Fair City writers for ya... but low and behold

2). McLean Burke (Damien) is probably taking RTE to court, soo needs a departure storyline from Fair City 👋

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think Fergal could be the killer. We know he has a big problem with women and is completely crazy and capable of anything.

Surely he will come up as a suspect soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think Cas could be the killer. He has already stolen the coat off the young fella that works in the shop. If he is capable of doing that, he can certainly be the murderer. And I wouldn’t be surprised if even has a few other victims buried off somewhere, perhaps in a suitcase thrown in the canal.

The 11th to the 13th was when Fergal revealed himself to be Van Girl to Dean. I think he'd be too preoccupied. I also don't think Fergal has it in him. He's more like a baby crying out for attention. Wouldn't paint him as a killer. But sure who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I am staying with Georgie as the Killer …. he is in relationship with Garda and all … how embarrassing …. made into a gay character for this reason … he was with that Gwen one before …. Mark is another suspect and he and Laura have history but could be too obvious …. Fergal same …

Interesting …. Damien I am not convinced about … but Mark is a possibility … he was the one who was most put out about Laura/the house …. still though I think Georgie is most likely …. why is he so interested? … why is he suddenly gay to have a relationship with the Garda? …. a lot points to him and his obsessive interest in the case …. which is how real life criminals work like that guy in England helping out to find the victims and he did it all along 20 or so years ago ….

It may go through a series of suspects Zack (ruled out) …. Mark …. Damien …. the inevitable Fergal …. but Georgie will the there all along a la Ciaran and Katy ….

I thought the detective said she was on a flight back from Croatia and with her card used to make a purchase in the airport

It is either Mark or Georgie …. or the 2 of them …. I suspect we will have to have a Fergal distraction for a while …. like Zack he will be ruled out …. too busy with Vicky the Van Girl games! ….

Mark and Georgie are polar opposites …. Mark is tough and IIRC has a temper/can be potentially violent …. he also had a valid dispute over the house with Laura and took it badly …. Georgie on the other hand …. comes across as a harmless 'softie' but we say that with Kerri-Ann and look what she turned into ?? … Georgie the killer going out with the Garda is a new angle for the soap …. why is Georgie suddenly gay/bisexual ?? … previously he was into women only with no hint of anything else …. upset over that Gwen one …. it seems he is made into a gay character to facilitate a storyline ?? ….

We know little about Georgie …. Maybe Georgie is working with someone else …. Mark or whoever …. and regrets what he did/perhaps forced to do …. or maybe Georgie witnessed the killing and was threatened never to reveal it …. Georgie is somehow involved 100% but Mark has the biggest motive …..

Wildcard would be Damien …. Damien is the much older brother to Laura and Mark … more like a father …. I assume Damo is 50 something and Laura and Mark 30 something ….. Damo reared them and has always been very clear about the evils of his criminal father …. plus Damo was not in any way violent even when Suzanne was burning him the time …. turning Damo into a violent killer would be not his character …. but then again Dermot Fahy changed from kind family man to scammer supreme …. and I am sure most people know of Walter White of Breaking Bad fame too !!! …. so anything is possible ….

Still and all …. Georgie is somehow involved and if he is not a witness he is the killer …. else it is Mark ….

Let's entertain the possibility of Damien for a while …. let's say Georgie is the red herring …. Fergal is the local bad boy who gets the blame but is innocent …. and the same goes for Zack we know already …. let's say Mark is the more volatile less stable brother …. but Damien is there all along …. the good (very) older brother who raised the other 2 like a father ….

True Damien had a lot of hassle in his life during the last few years …. Rafferty etc. ….. Damien has always been prone to vocal temper outbursts … there were some hints he could tip over into violence but he never did …. during the time with Caoimhe he was erratic and did unorthodox things …. he also was the victim of violence via his father and his ex girlfriend Suzanne ….he never hit any of his exes though …. although it was teased to the audience his temper could get the better of him ….

Damien was treated poorly by people …. his criminal father, his ex Suzanne, another girlfriend Ama, James Rafferty, the list goes on …. he would have good reason to be bitter …. he had a worse life than Fergal for example ….

Damien was known to fight with his much younger siblings …. he was more like their father in both age and manner …. 50 something year old Damo and 30 something year old Laura circa 2023/2024 would have more a father/daughter type bond than a brother/sister …. Damo was very much lay down the law type ….

Here's my view entertaining if Damo is the killer …. do I think Damo is a cold blooded killer like his criminal mastermind father ?? No I don't …. what is much more likely though is Damo and Laura met, had a dispute and Damo knocked her to the ground and she died …. if Damo was the killer it would be something like this …. and he buried her quickly …. perhaps Georgie ….. who most certainly is involved in some way …. witnessed the whole thing ….

• Advertisement

Advertisement