Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What minor ocd traits do you have?

Options
  • 02-05-2024 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

One of mine is always listening to the hourly news headlines if I'm near a radio. Even if I wake in the middle of the night and it's close to the top of the hour, I have a habit of turning on the clock radio to see if there's any breaking story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Looking at the title of a thread to see if some letters should be capitalised 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

All the forks in the cutlery drawer need to be the same way up so that they sit into each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Do not have a smartphone OP? If you do your near a radio every hour of the day if it's on you or near you that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I have a smartphone but I don't cling to it 24 hrs a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I always check that the back door is locked 4 times and check each window is closed twice before leaving the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If I am due to spend at least a night away in a town/city I have never visited before, I will research the environs on google maps, and very often explore the streets on street view as well.

Would be completely uncomfortable diving head first into somewhere I haven't been to without going through the above steps first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

My only CDO trait is I have to refer to it alphabetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,753 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have 2 sets of switches in my kitchen for the kitchen light in 1 and the other have light for the kitchen and my living room and I make sure they are all pressed the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 25,037 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

About the only thing is electronic items being charged… I don’t know if this is OCD or just being organised….but I can’t go to bed before ensuring that all electronics are charged or on charge. Like starting the day with everything 100%. Phone, tablet & wireless bluetooth speaker,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I check if I've turned off the electric heater even though I didn't turn it on about 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I cannot put petrol in my car without physically taking my wallet out to check I have the cash or creditcard to pay for the fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand? thread.

The continuing presence of the word inexplicably. Please remove it. I will donate to a kitten and puppy rescue charity.

I have to put on my socks before my trousers. I believe this is a relatively common one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,769 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have to make sure I have the same colour pegs on my clothes when I am putting clothes out on the line and that all the same types of clothes are beside each other small to big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Volume on any device has to be set to an even number.

Always straighten books on a bookshelf and games, dvds, cds etc all have to be straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭suvigirl

OmgOmg, I thought I was the only person that did this!

Has to be the same pegs on each particular piece of clothing.

Green pegs on one item, orange pegs on another, but they have to be in pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sandz066

Must use the same bowl and mug every morning for breakfast & coffee... separate them from the rest of the kitchenware so my housemates don't use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

I have to give my other half an even number of orgasms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

That's OCD? Sounds like pretty normal behaviour to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Eh…pftf..pfftft eh don't have any 🤪😁😁

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Fixing dog eared pages on books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Still like to use cash and always turn the notes in my wallet so they are all the same way around and have to have them in order 5's 10's 20's and 50's - if I have any.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭ruth...less

About minor don't think I have any now but I had serious OCD as a child after a trauma and it was debilitating..but I hid it well…and how I overcame it was I used it against itself lol...I was like....I had a thing where I had to touch wood....so I told myself if you just touch wood…one more time before you go to sleep it 'cancels' out all the touch wood reasons..so I would touch wood once before I went to sleep (rather than stay awake and do it multiple times)...I also found praying very good for me at this time even though I'm not religious and have never been religious….maybe that's god influence 😆😆😆. anyway I personally understand ocd but even so you have to get on with you life…..you have to find a way to deal with it....cause strangers no-one gives a **** of whether you're ocd, injf, effp, ADD..….all people care about is immediate response to them.

.so get yourself sorted, don't like to say medicated cause I'm not big on medication for mental health but anyway yapping on 😁😕😁😕

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,120 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If I have to turn 360° for anything, say for example, I swivel full circle in an office chair, I have to turn 360° back the other direction to get back to the "start" again.

Weird, yea I know.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭PP Lee

I have classic “checking” OCD. Before leaving the house I always make sure that the windows annd back doors are closed, every appliance is switched off at the wall and every light switch is off. I also check that the oven is off and that the taps are set to the off position. After closing the front door I always check the handle at least twice to make sure it’s fully locked. The thought of being at fault for a fire, flood or burglary is terrifying to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

If I use the iron before I go out I have to check it about half a dozen times and say to myself "THE IRON IS OFF". Have to have the volume on the tv, car radio etc set to an even number, Check the front door is locked tons of times before I leave, wont put petrol in the car until I have checked loads of times that I have cash/cards. When writing out a birthday card I have to check that I put the right name on the card loads of times before I seal the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That isn't OCD that's just how you put cutlery in a drawer.

Anyone not doing that is just a lazy cúnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭89897

Yip,I have this checking OCD also. Everything is checked.

Advertisement