Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What minor ocd traits do you have?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Folks, a chunk of the above is about being tidy or organised, or suffering from manipulation or seeking control, not having OCD.

It's not OCD until what you are doing is causing problems for you or others, note that it is obsessive-compulsive disorder - all three words need to apply.

Now, which fool decided to call a condition that typically has people being excessively tidy or organised a 'disorder'.

Ah, you want the forks to engage in spooning, no forking allowed?

Post edited by Victor on

Dublin Fire Brigade warns against charging things overnight if you are asleep. Small devices (mobile phone up to scooter) are particularly problematic, as they tend to be indoors, can suffer rough handling during use and some of the chargers are outright dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Pointing out the obvious. Is that a minor OCD trait?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Saw the thread title and came here to post exactly this about the same coloured pegs on each item of clothing !!

I feel like I've found long lost family 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭highpitcheric

If theres more than 1 of anything then we're generally in the realm of 'sets' or 'pairs'. industry orders in 10's, 100's, 1000's. Production is in even numbers. As are quotas. In work you're expected to complete 10's of this, 20's of that. And theres a comforting reassurance in those nice even numbers. They're mechanical, square, linear, solid, uniform.

5's, 15's are acceptable too for some of us volume botherers, some will allow it, not the puritans though. Its a bit like the protestant, catholic, or shia vs sunni thing. (personally I sometimes prefer a 15 to a 16, a guilty pleasure).

If theres an odd number it means something has been left undone. Something is wrong. Why is there an odd number, it infers a spare or a missing unit. That means something is wrong.

This rule also applies to other domestic devices such as the microwave or heating timers, odd numbers very possibly could summon satan. Why the non-even number people run this risk, I don't know. You're crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Taking the labels out of the back of shirts. If I leave them in I itch even if the label is quite soft. I know I'm not the only one that does this.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭aero2k

Whenever I or one of my siblings would hang out the clothes, my dear departed ma would go out after us and re-arrange things so that everything was hung "properly", and all socks were paired up. This was in the days of wooden pegs, so colour wasn't an issue.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If I see 13 likes on a YouTube clip I have to give it another 1 as I can't bear to leave it at 13.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I like all my record spines to point out when on the shelves and the openings to point up when in a crate or bag.
    TBH I don't think I have any OCD traits, minor or otherwise. I've a few habits about what pocket things usually go in; keys, wallet, phone etc. Similar with my back but it's really just to try to make my life a little easier by standardizing a few things.

I don't freak out, get upset or suffer panic attacks if things are not as I want or expect them. I just accept it and either go with the flow or change it to the way that I'm used to or that suits me.

That said, I'm off to brush the carpet on the stairs to all face the same way. /s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Declan05

I always use the same groups of websites in the same order in the same Chrome windows. If I'm in a hurry to open a website I'll go back later and open the other websites for that window and rearrange the tabs in the usual order.

In January, I emailed Louth County Council, asking why a road has one name at one end (complete with name plate) and a different name at the other end (complete with different name plate) and asking what the proper name is.

In March, I send a follow up email "I wonder if I could have a response to this query, even if it is "We don't know"."

We are now 20 emails into the discussion, via their data protection office, with no light shone.

The query hasn't made it out of customer service into the roads department yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭ottolwinner

making sure all plugs are unplugged at night.
    toilet roll rolls down from the top

Making sure pillow case isn’t open side towards the door. I think that one is from my upbringing.

"toilet roll rolls down from the top" - there is no other way It always comes from the top!

The argument is whether it should come down against the wall or not.

Advertisement