Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options
1228229230231232234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Who2

He was grand, would have been a serious heifer as he had a great frame but his mother is a tank. I’ve another heifer here I’ll have to wait on the genotype back that’s either out of him or my own stock bull she seems quiet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭limo_100

I have a proper calf here very impressed with him just needs grass now hopefully in the next 2weeks. I heard that Rolex is good but Rigby is disappointing could have them mixed up. I heard Lisa sir is doing the goods but I would like abit of height

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

Would you have any preference between Valentino and Manclaux if you’ve used him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Who2

I got all bulls except one so it’s hard to judge but if all vta come with the same growth as the bull I had it would be Valentino. I have 9 incalf to a knottown bull to calve at the end of the year and after that I’m just going to try buy in a few saler heifers. I really don’t like the bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Anyone any thoughts on the Dovea LM bull Ivantonov LM5887? Seems to be incredibly easy calving whatever the calves turn out like…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alan10

Super bull and calves shaping up nicely, will try get few pics. Used him 4 times this year. Think they saying he is suitable replacement for Ivor (LM2014) who is no longer available I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Thanks Alan. Was calving as easy as the figures suggest? Are they born real slips of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ivantonov straws are €15 each. I haven't used him, but his sire Bavardage was a great bull.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alan10

Yep, they calved ok themselves. The 2 red lads are twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Has anyone got any calves off Castleview Reece LM8619

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

powerful proper from a heifer

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Omallep2

WHat age?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

09th April , 6 weeks, photo taken early last week

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

The PG selection is a bit poor this year. So many unproven test bulls, low stars making many unsuitable for ICBF scheme, majority of them with very little milk so only for beef animals. Is dairy there main area so they don't need to concentrate to much on the suckler side, especially after Fiston, Zag and a few other most used Ai bulls.

Do you need to order from Dovea Genetics or are there any technicians who go farm to farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr..

Dovea have technicians who go farm to farm.

Advertisement