Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside 20V 1000M2 robot mower review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mcauleydjm

Yes - 'Hardware Error 2' sounds familiar (I'll take a photo next time to make sure). I've had 8 instance of this error this year to-date. It would be nice to be able to access a log of stats for the mower - like how many hours run, charge cycles etc.

There was a firmware update that occurred when I first brought the mower out in March - not sure what the update contained.

BTW - I had to change the WIFI my mower connected to, it did not retain all the conifg (work times, secondary areas, rain-sensor etc), so I needed to redo these. Anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

DPD notification today, it couldn't possibly be the replacement Lidl mower in the same week?

Could be - you might have hit a sweet spot when stock just became available!

Let us know if it does arrive and if it is the exact same model number as before, or potentially an updated version.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I put my mower back out today and after a few minutes one of the castor wheels on the front fell off. The other one doesn't look in great shape either. Are these easy to fix does anyone know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 demo147

Yes very, open the wheel 3 screws then you'll see the little split screw has rusted out, you can buy a new clip or in my case I just drilled it with a small steel drill bit and put a small pin through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

@demo147 the clip had almost completely crumbled in mine so I couldn't even see what type it was. I saw a photo ina previous post though. Any idea what size they are or where to get them?

EDIT: the same happened the other wheel so that's why I can't check the clip in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Replacement is a newer version a B2 model with revised screen/keypad area that looks even more likely to admit water with its 4 screwholes, time will tell, but kudos for the same week replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 2 POS1000

Hey folks.

Just posting this comment in relation to issues with the mower not turning on or the keypad not working due to water ingress. Obviously there may be various reasons but mine is as follows if its of any help to anyone.

Big droplets on the underside of the keypad display.

No power. Main board would light up with tiny red LEDs when connecting the battery but then .. nothing.

The two push buttons solder lugs on the same side are supposed to make contact when the button is pressed. i.e. meter bells across the two left lugs and also the two right lugs when the button is pressed. The start and the down were not working for me. could have been any of them so this is what I did and found.

1. Gently heat the tiny switches to make them a little less brittle.
    2. Pry off the top half of the switch (Cover & Button) by putting a tiny screwdriver into the side gaps and lever it up gently.
    3. The top half should pop off the 4 tiny posts, but may break one or two.
    4. Under this is a rubber membrane, using a scalpel I skirted around the edges until i was able to lift it off.
    5. On the underside is a circular disk (See pic) (Makes that pop on/off sound when pressed by bending in and out.
    6. There was a build up of oxidization, crud, hardly arc residue … anyway.. clean it all off and clean the metal 'pip' in the centre.
    7. Put it all back together and seal the top back in place by gluing the sides (I used resin) leave the superglue in the drawer.
    8. Meter checked OK, Job done, back in action.

Might help someone who has got so far and owns a hammer or a vicegrips :)

That's good to hear - thanks for letting us know, hopefully the weak spot has been sorted even with the look of those screws. Perhaps some silicone grease on there might help.

Hi,

Thanks for the info - is this for the 500m2 model (PMRA-20)?

Looks different to what I found on my PMRDA-20, the 1000m2 model - it had membrane switches, no physical pop/ microswitch type ones.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 mac25

Lidl support have just advised me that the new models (PRMDA 20-Li B2) should be in within the next two weeks. So that should be by the 6th of May 2024 in Ireland. Hopefully people waiting on a replacement mower in Ireland will get them soon. Hope the water ingress issue is fixed with the new models.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gedven

Found some time today and resealed another possible spot for a water ingress spot, thanks @mcauleydjm for a tip

• Registered Users Posts: 2 POS1000

Button type switches are on the 500m PMRA 20 LCD board. This is under the plastic start, home back... outer plastic 'push icons'. Likely not the same as the PMRDA 1000m version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Do you get to keep these broken mowers or do you have send them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

This mower is in on the 2nd May

https://www.lidl.ie/p/20v-robot-lawnmower/p10024077?pageId=10044775&tabCode=Next_Sales_Week

I am considering getting it but I wanted to ask about charging. Do you need to have power running out to it or how is mower charged?

Oh cool. If anyone is interested in parting with theirs, I work on electronics as a hobby and would be curious to try fix one of them and potentially make a video from it.

Like for example @POS1000 showed, it should be very possible to completely swap out those buttons fairly easily

The base station requires a power socket nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

Ok thanks. Dont have an outdoor power socket yet so it might be best waiting until I have one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

how these handle things like Dog poo, kids toys and football lying around ?

• Advertisement

Only 2Ah being advertised this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 demo147

I don't but I'll add a picture when I open the wheel the next time

I dont have a Lidl one but have installed 3 different mowers between my house and my Mams

Dog poo - Ideally would be picked up, but it won't cause any problems. Just you will have to clean under the mower and replace blades from time to time so not having poo there would be better

Kids toys & Football - Depends on the size of them, something small or soft like a Teddy bear, would drive over it and cut it up. Something bigger like a football, it will just bump into it. Basically if it hits something solid it will just change direction, if it drives on top of something it will more than likely cut it up.

cheers I’m thinking footballs and water guns. The kids are always leaving things out.

The water guns will be a problem! (For the water guns, the mower might get stuck but I can't see it doing any lasting damage)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭CR 7

With the issues of water ingress, is the additional "garage" for €40 worth the investment? Seems pricey for a lump of plastic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

I think the idea of the shelter is that the mower stays dry when docked. This keeps the rain sensor dry and then it mows on schedule.

If the sensor is wet it will undock and redock repeatedly thinking it is raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anto Q

Definitely written by an engineer! Brilliant review, appreciate the detail you went into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Picked up one of these this morning, they were flying off the shelves.

I see from the thread that there can be issues with water ingress - are there any preventative measures I could apply to the mower before putting it out that might help avoid this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jffz

Hi all, also picked up one of these for our front lawn in the current sale. I have a large lawn area in the back (1500m2). The B2 models currently sold are rated at 500m2.

If I get another one for the back lawn.. will swapping out the battery help with the area it can cover? Its a fairly straight forward rectangular area so I reckon the 200m boundary wire included should do me.

Advertisement