Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside 20V 1000M2 robot mower review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mcauleydjm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

An excellent thread. The op made me think they might be a good purchase, but top many of them seem to be suffering issues?

I don't know if it is representative of the entire population, but of the owners on here most have now had an issue - though people generally only post when there are problems.

I have 3 Lidl mowers now, 2x PMRDA (1000m2) and 1x PMRA (500 m2)

Of these:

1st PMRDA : no issues except a castor wheel fell off yesterday (I swapped one out from a spare, repair looks easy as has been shown on this thread)

2nd PMRDA: stopped turning on after 3 days. Suspect keypad issue.

Replacement PMRDA: Non-working Emergency Stop button from new, otherwise working OK

3rd PMRA: No issues yet (Only installed a few weeks)

I have encountered the charging station message 'replace adapter' a few times - so far resolved by cleaning contacts.

I have taken the broken PMRDA unit apart and tried to bypass the keypad start button - no luck with getting it booting up yet but will post pics when I get an opportunity to upload them.

John

Post edited by mcauleydjm on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Hi,

Thanks John for the response. Those blades on the link are unavailable for now. I contacted the original supplier of the machines to lidl and they are available here although a little pricey maybe. https://grizzlytools.shop/Messer-Schrauben-3

I've been using the original blades for the last two months and the 500m2 lawn still looks good, I did turn the blades over once. Other parts available on this site too.

I have a PMRDA 20 for the last two months and it's doing a great job, very happy with it, just sorry I didn't get a second one.

Hi Folks,

Some details and pictures I took when I opened my dead one to see if I could repair or bypass the keypad:

Disassembly steps (from memory so guideline only):                                                                                                              

• Remove outer green shell (unclip spring holders)
    • Remove the blade disc and shroud.
    • Take all screws out from the black plastic top. At least whoever designed it used the same screw almost everywhere..
    • Remove 4 screws from the bottom, you can see tehe screwdriver in one of the pictures below.
    • Remove the screw under the red height adjustment handle.
    • I think that was it, unit should come apart - careful opening and to allow complete separation of the two halves just disconnect any obvious cables.

John

• Advertisement

Some more pics:

This is the keypad:

And this is what I think caused mine to fail, corrosion where the cable goes through the outer casing:

The connector where the keypad routes to:

I tried soldering 2 cables to the appropriate test-pad connections to mimic the start button press to see if I could get my unit to turn on.

No luck - though I do get a brief flick of activity on the display, so I'll have to triple check my connections and look for any other sign of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

We got this lawnmower last summer and so far so good but we cannot manage to get the screws to fit when replacing the blades, we managed to keep the original screws 4 times while changing the blades but now they're for the bin. The amazon link above is not available. I can see the other link but they're pretty expensive for only 3 screws? All the other sets on amazon have so many screws in the packs. Has anyone got a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

Same issue here - the screw is a shoulder screw (allows the blade to spin) M5 thread 4mm of thread with 2mm shoulder, I 3d printed a screw (7mm thread) that fit with the alternate blades I bought from amazon - works fine. If it's any help I can share the .stl of the screw.

Post edited by LMK on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Anyone put a set of wider wheels or a set of spikes on the mower?

I have a bit of hilly/uneven ground and my one has a job getting traction at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Interested in one of these, but if water ingress is an issue, we're in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

Thanks for that. We managed to order them from a link above but they were very expensive and after all that the stupid mower won't work now after the winter. We took it into the shed and looked after it and yesterday it wasn't running great and now today the charging base has no lights even though there is no issue with the plug socket we are using. The mower itself is saying it's a loop error but the problem is that the charger is not powering on.

I don't have a receipt anymore so probably not much we can do

STL (and EMF) file attached - this version fitted on my mower without any dremel mods.

Hope to get the parkside robots back out again soon - let hope they survived the winter (I had them and charging stations in the garage).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DoeJohn

Hi, I've the same issue. Opened it up and was able to start it by shorting the stat button connector on the back of the display to ground. So I'm all so looking for a new key pad. Did you manage to find out if grizzly supplies the display does it come with the key pad? As I couldn't see the key pad by it's self on grizzly part page

Hi, I've the same issue. Opened it up and was able to start it by shorting the start button connector on the back of the display to ground. So I'm all so looking for a new key pad. Did you manage to find out if grizzly supplied displays come with the key pad? As I couldn't see the key pad by it's self on grizzly part page

I emailed grizzly asking did they stock the keypad, but I'm afraid they came back and said they didn't. Does any one know a site where I could order that part?

Post edited by DoeJohn on

Did you short it on the keypad membrane, the ribbon or on the PCB?

I tried this on my one that failed and couldn't get it to start. I was doing the pin shorting at the ribbon connector on the pcb/ test pads. Perhaps I'll go and triple check my pin tracing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 demo147

Hey guys, I've have pretty much same issue, I have the 1000m2 and the 500m2 worked great until water ingress, I got a 3rd off a friend who couldn't get as good set up as me but he forgot the password does anyone know how to do a hard reset? I also set up 2 zones back to the one charging station working great when the mowers where

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gedven

Hello guys, have the very first 1000m2 model - PMRDA 20-Li A1. Got it replaced last year because after a heavy rain, it was completely dead, also moisture was visible under the display. But Lidl replaced it in a day or two, so for the second one ive have sealed top part gap, so far its working fine, we will see will it survive this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mac25

Good idea. I'm still waiting for one of my robot mowers to be replaced. I am waiting for new stock to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

I just logged a claim for keypad water ingress on a PMRDA 20-Li A1, is this the model waiting on stock?

Might be as well to do the edge around the height adjustment knob too - if you look the keypad membrane has a potential gap there too.

I've been using silicone grease around these edges for a while now - I know it wears away, but I just add more every now and then.

What did you use to seal it?

That's the model I had the issue with - I was told March/ April 24 by the Novo folk for replacement stock timeframe (this was last year - I haven't heard anything yet)

I hope the keypad area has been re-designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Wow that's a long wait, they didn't mention any delays to me but also didn't give me any lead time.

Hoping its not too long a wait it's a pain having to use a manual mower

I have used some roof silicon sealant and got in my local DIY shop (im from Lithuania but i believe you can get something similar in your local stores). So far it was good, no need to reseal. I will check the height adjustment knob part as well, thanks for a tip

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mac25

Yes. I bought 2 x PMRDA 20-Li A1. One stopped working due to the water ingress problem and I asked for a replacement instead of a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mervil

PMRDA 20-Li A1

I'm having a problem accessing the menu - the screen is working and I used it the other day. It seems to be stuck on "Standby". I can get to where you put in the pin and it takes me to "Standby" or to "Charging 100%" but I can't get to the Menu. I've tried the OK and Home buttons but nothing seems to happen. I've tried to just press "Start" but it's not happening. Can anyone help please?

Thanks for the info. I might do something similar.

The height knob comes off - from memory there is a screw under the black plastic arrow cover, probably easier to seal if you remove that. I have pictures on this forum from when I opened my faulty one.

Hope yours keeps going! I have a few of these mowers now. The 1st one I bought has had no problems, the 2nd died after 2 or 3 days with the moisture keypad issue. The replacement for it cuts but the emergency stop button doesn't work. I should be able to repair it using parts from the faulty keypad one.

I've noticed this year so far I've had more 'Motor over current' conditions, even though the blades & motor are free (not clogged). I wonder is this warning only for the cutting motor or does it apply to the wheel motors too? Last year I only got this when the blade guard choked with grass, so I changed over to the 3d printed plate late last year with better results in terms of clogging stoppages.

Last weekend I cleaned out using compressor and applied silicone spray all round the motor area, axles and cutting blades - so far so good.

• Advertisement

Yes saw your pictures, that will help for sure, will try to seal that part this weekend. Actually about 'Motor over current'  issue, i can confirm that last year ive got it once or twice, but this year got it like 5-6 times already, i think it says 'Hardware error 2' on the screen, but also there was a lot of grass under the robot, so it might be related to that, i have cleaned it but didn't test it more because at the moment its quite cold in here and it will take couple of days before i let my robot to continue working. I will update how it goes later on in a week or two hopefully

Advertisement