Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2024

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Looks interesting! I'm linking the addition of ambient DJ sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

Two sets from The Orb. Proper!

When the clashfinder is populated use that to organise your days instead of sifting the the whole lineup.

I’d pick 2 or 3 things you want to see each day and outside of that just wander and explore.

Go to the greenfields permaculture area and spend some time there. It’s not something you’ll see at other festivals and is a lovely break from the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Steve Hillage doing Rainbow Dome Musick is worth seeing and hearing, an ambient space opus of an album.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Thanks BD, I'll add him to my list.

I'm also excited for some squelchy techno from this guy.

• Advertisement

Arcadia with a new installation and daily show as per the old Spider 'landing parties'. Not much on there for me but a few goodies as always - will as usual depend on crowds/scheduling.

"‘The transformation of the first dragonfly marks the dawn of a new season’

Arcadia kicks off a whole new chapter at Glastonbury with their boldest installation yet. The Dragonfly, a giant biomechanical creature, will awaken at the heart of an evolved geometric space, exploring ideas around renewal, our relationship with technology and how we adapt to a changing climate."

Had a gleek at the webcam this morning, Park Stage seems to be more-or-less built, Other Stage going up. What I can see of the trackways look a bit damp. Not sure about the state of the ground, hopefully enough sunshine between now and gates opening to dry it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk-set-for-50-days-of-rain-in-one-of-the-wettest-summers-in-over-a-hundred-years/

Having survived 05, 07, 11, 16 and having bailed after 24 hours from 97 i can't say im looking forward to this time next month.

Was only at 2016 out of those, was sloppy to say the least. We've been due a wet year given the run of it we've had lately.

Yes. Been dreading it tbh. Missed last year and selfishly would have loved that to have taken the hit.

16 by some distance the worst time i've had on the farm.

• Advertisement

It's the lack of sitting opportunities that wrecks you. Contrast lounging about on the grass at West Holts in an average year with it being flooded in front of the sound desk in 2016. Other Stage was a disaster. Dug a right trench for ourselves during New Order and LCD Soundsystem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

07 was way worse because it rained non stop. Id take a biblically muddy one over a rainy one any day. Didnt really rain too much during the day in 16.

Had a great time in 2016. Trick is hit the booze early and keep moving. Think its my record for seeing acts. Saw nearly 30 acts that weekend.

Doesnt matter now anyway. No one has a clue what the weather will be like in a week never mind a month.

Brexit, Coldplay, ELO. AWFUL.

Don't forget Adele!

Art Garfunkel, Patty Griffin, ZZ Top, Ronnie Spector, Kamasi Washington, Car Seat Headrest, St Paul & Broken Bones, John Grant, Squeeze, Beck, Little Simz, Joanne Taylor, Dakhabrakha, Khruangbin, Glen Matlock, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Roisin Murphy, Underworld….

Brexit and the mud certainly brought the mood down though yeah

We can always lash out a list. It was the worst of 15 Glastonburys for me. Garbage event. The first day was as grim as you can imagine. Exit marginally better. Marginally.

Thursday shaping up well for us, with The Orb as part of the Annie Nightingale Tribute on Glade Dome then Decius and Ivan Smagge/Manfredas to round off the evening at Silver Hayes Assembly, hopefully no clashes there. All the downtempo electronica and acid house chuggery a growing 47 year old needs.

EDIT: Getting ahead of myself, it's Ivan Smagge B2B Manfredas on the Thursday, Paranoid London aren't on until Sunday.

Post edited by rubick on

hehe this extremely fully grown 47 year old will do best to swing by the Annie Nightingale craic.

I don't care if it's muddy, drink more and get on with it, be grand.

The weather during the fest in 2016 wasn't a total washout, it was the weather in the days before that fcuked it. I still had a great time.

Rumblings that the whole line-up will be released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That was definitely the lowest glastonbury for me. The worst vibe. I mean I'd been there through worse weather and lineups but just that whole year seemed off and then the Brexit result.

Was the closest I ever cane to not wanting to come back.

I remember standing in the rain with a couple of mates, huddled over a soggy tray of curry chips in the rain while Christine & The Queens berated all men…

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Advertisement

I remember waking up on the Friday morning (assuming Brexit would be a remain vote) and the Irish couple camping beside us telling us they voted leave. Then down to Damon and the Syrian orchestra thing and the vibe was bad. Damon did a little speech about it.

Seem to remember hitting the Goan Fish place for some kedgeree followed by some rose in the Avalon Inn after though and all was good.

The good thing about the mud is that theres no queues for coffee or breakfast at the stalls away from te campsites.

I headed down earlier to catch James opening the Other Stage. Needn't have bothered because it was flooded and they were in the process of putting down more woodchip. Got chatting to a load of fellow fans and it wasn't that bad an atmosphere all things considered. Michael Eavis dandered past where we were standing on the right hand side at the temporary barriers and apologised for the delay from the stage. Saul Davies from the band made a pretty good rant about the Brexit vote and James were great. Day off to a flyer.

Haha we were in the WH bar when she was on. Appalling weekend. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Ironically enough, Christine and the Queens is a man too now

Advertisement