Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2024

Options
  • 15-07-2023 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,062 ✭✭✭✭

A full Spice Girls reunion, the 5 as Posh returning rumoured for Glastonbury as well as the yearly Oasis reunion talk too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

About the only almost guaranteed act is Taylor Swift (Saturday I assume).

Id say they will go for younger headliners. A lot of the voices were gone this year. Compare Lizzo crowd with G n R crowd. Foos said "See ye next year" but that could just be another tour and, to be honest, it hasn't been that long since they played (ignoring Covid break). Hard to say who the other headliners would be

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭crl84

Taylor Swift is playing in Dublin on all 3 nights of Glastonbury. She's 100% not playing.

Spice Girls will very probably be doing arenas for $$$$$$ if they fully reform. Highly unlikely for Glastonbury I'd say.

Oasis aren't reforming in the near future. And if they do reform, it'll be for $$$$ too. Basically zero chance.

Emily said that there's one female headliner booked, and another close to being booked. Widely assumed to be Dua Lipa and someone else, possibly Rihanna, Madonna or Lady Gaga.

After that, who knows. Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Blur, Coldplay all active at the moment, if there needs to be a big band in the 3rd slot.

Will probably depend on who starts announcing summer 2024 tours in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Emily Eavis has said he that they have 2 female headliners already booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shania Twain would love to play the legend's slot at Glastonbury, I thought she had, has Kylie?

Coldplay and Harry Styles latest names rumoured

Nicki Minaj has Pink Friday 2 coming out so may tour to promote

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, think I'm gonna take a break next year after 6 on the hop!

Although I did say that after 2022, but don't think I'll come around to be honest.

May try some European festivals instead.

Closer to home, Beyond The Pale is growing every more enticing and All Together Now has come on leaps-and-bounds (although this year's lineup not really wowed me... still going mind!)

Definitely going to miss the build-up come May/June (weather, full line-up etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

100% Oasis will go the G'n'R route pending a reunion, over saturate everywhere for the moolahs then show up when the hype has deflated.

Dua Lipa, headlining? A seemingly big star but isn't she a serial mimebag or do Glasto audiences not really care any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Kylie did it a few years ago, the year it was really hot (2019?) she was good. Wheeled out Nick Cave for a tune but I think that's the only time we'll see her at glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

2 female headliners? Maybe Madonna. I don’t think she ever played there and is touring. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rihanna was the other one.

The Spice Girls rumour has been going for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Madonna doubtful, she was resuscitated recently with a narcan pen and cancelled her hits tour

• Advertisement

From what I read her tour is still going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Avril Lavigne? Tame Impala? Blur? Mumford and Sons?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

She was meant to be headline the Sunday several years before that, and then Basement Jax stepped in at the last minute after Kylies cancer diagnosis.

Foos will likely be along, although could just be Dave Grohl doing his Chris Martin guest appearance on every stage stand in role like he did this year, unless Rick Astley gets that gig next year. ;)

I could easily see Madonna getting a top spot if she's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yes . Jo Wiley mentioned Madonna (who has been very sick recently ) and Kate Bush , if you think it maybe two women headlining .

Wow, you are right. That's a shock, I must admit

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kate Bush could be a Legends slot, but not headline.

Madonna? (Leaving out her recent health scares). Possibly but I'd say she fancies herself as too big for Glasto.

I would have lost any money on Taylor Swift especially as initially there was no dates for Ireland so there was that big Glasto-Shaped-Gap initially.

Kate Bush? Doubtful: Her appearances being so rare, she would be too much of a draw for Legends set. But not enough for a headliner (IMHO of course).

Spice Girls?.... Actually a possibility. But prob only with all of them.

Avril Lavine? Assume that's a joke :D

Rihana? Has she anything new out that has set the world on fire?

Really is hard to say. As I said earlier, there was a much bigger crowd for Lizzo than there was for GnR (Or at least it seems so from where we were, between the soundstages) and, while I'm not exactly her core demographic, there is no doubt she's a huge draw. But not gonna headline after being 2nd to top only previous year.

What about Beyoncé? Next year would be 13 years since she played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Dua Lipa has to be likely as one of the headliners no? Not saying I rate her but I think she is at that level now at a push. Then probably one of the others listed above.

• Advertisement

I suppose she's up there alright. I'm sure there are a few but, me being a middle-aged man, I'm pretty much out of that loop 😀 so wouldn't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Lana Del Rey would be a worthy headliner - plenty in her back catalogue and popular enough

I don't think she'd head the pyramid stage maybe ever, too low tempo

Just don't think it'd suit her act.

Two years in a row at glasto may be a long shot also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not for next year, she was done a dirty this year and returned the favour by showing up late and only doing an hour so are all parties gonna be overly keen to patch up in about 4 years time, hard to say.

Her music is too down tempo for headlining plus her carry on this year means I doubt the festival will be in a hurry to book her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Coldplay have a big Glasto shaped hole in their summer tour next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭crl84

Got to be a favourite with those tour dates, unless they add some other city then (same for August)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement

Coldplay....AGAIN???!!!

Advertisement