Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Totally sh1t lineup. People only going to this due to YOLO. These people need to find other interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's because The 1975 aren't playing… Plus, Glasto is gone all "woke". lol

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Every thread needs a comedy guy. Fair play. Keeps the spirits up when things are a bit quiet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got nothing in the coach sale this evening, just sat on the holding page for 20 minutes.

One last try on Sunday morning. :(

• Advertisement

Well I will be listening to the tortured poets department on my iPhone instead of watching this awful pop festival. Thank God our Queen Taylor said No to the Eavis hillbilly farmer family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭rubick

Didn't ask.

Ignore the troll. Like the sad increasingly unfunny class "clown" they live and die on their "Look at me" antics so I will not refer to them again.

As for Sunday, give it a go. I have gotten tickets there twice and it group overall 4 times. Admittedly, that was years ago but still. Many people ignore it, assuming it is pointless.

We got x2 in the resale for 2022. It's definitely possible!

Just imagine now if they had been able to book the 1975 for the Friday night and Taylor Swift for Sunday, it would have been the most talked about beforehand festival of all time. All u idiots and the Eavis Buffon should have listened to me, I am never wrong about these tings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Not long to go now!

For those who've been before - any recommendations for hidden areas/things off the beaten track?

It's our first year so keen to make sure we take as much in as possible, as well as the music

Try get into the SE Corner earlier in the day for a mooch about. Its chaos at night.

Explore the food. Loads of good options about the place.

Pace yourself and be prepared to miss stuff. Site is bigger than you think.

Don't feel guilty about sitting in a bar somewhere for a few hours. You'll meet some great people that way.

Get a massage in the green fields when you get "Glasto back".

Have a rest in a hammock up in the Park overlooking the festival.

Spend a bit of time in the Theatre and Circus fields exploring the weirdos.

But also, dont plan too much. The festival is better if you let it just take you along.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Yeah, If you have clashes, you will NOT get to see "the first 20 mins of this and last 20 mins of that" just resign yourself to missing stuff and making the hard choices.

This year I have no interest in the Pyramid headliners but will still be around some of the bigger areas like Acoustic, Woodsies (Formerly known as John Peel if you are asking around there), Other, Glade, West Holts and they can have some CLASS acts (Anyone catch Brass Against in West Holts a couple of years ago?). The Killers played a "Secret" gig at Woodsies, Although I think they got into trouble about the crowding for that.

And chill. I LOVE Thursday evening at Glasto as it is so chill. Most people already in place, smaller acts around the place (Bring back William's Green)

Eat the food, drink the cider and beer. Talk to the people.

Unless you REALLY want to see the Pyramid headliners, don't spend too much time there. Get to the stone circle/Glasto sign early while yer legs are not killing you as it's a hell of a slope.

It's ALL about pacing yourself. Everyone tries to do everything first time and, by Friday night/Saturday morning they are in bits and just wanna go home (Especially if the weather is REALLY bad). But hang in there. You WILL be glad to be home in your bed (After 4 showers) once done. You WILL be knackered and think "Well, that's off my list"… and you WILL try for tickets again the next year. It does get a lot easier :)

You WILL have a great time if you pace yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Wooderson

To me its about prep in advance. The conditions can be so extreme and every year you see rookies having a miserable time due to lack of planning. My advice for rookies is imagine youre going to be standing in 3 inches of muddy water for 5 days. Work backwards from there.

Was there for Brass Against, it was excellent! West Holts by far my favourite stage, always something on and a great central location. If it's too hot you can quite happily spend the afternoon there (as we did basically the whole of Sunday last year).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wander around, don't get too fixated on getting to see anything in particular, just see what you stumble across.

Been going since forever and still keep finding new to me things which have been there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭crl84

Glade

Solid!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's enough there to keep me busy for nearly the whole festival. I was hoping they'd book Marshall Jefferson again but no luck. I will definitely be at LTJ Bukem since I missed him last year.

The Orb in the Glade is just perfect.

Good to see Kettama and Tommy Holohan getting the nod too.

Post edited by rubick on

• Advertisement

High-res overhead photo with areas/campsites labelled:

https://www.glastopedia.com/festivals/2023/satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Beagslife

I can see my tent 😁 (Well, I can actually see the area)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It's a thing of beauty. I must stop looking in this thread, I'm getting so jealous of you all going

That map reminds me of this website, where you can overlay the Glastonbury outline on any town to get a sense of the scale...

https://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/index.php

Galway, for example...

West Holts out now, pretty good!

Silver Hayes lineup:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

ridiculously stacked. bicep playing under their new alias "dove"

That's a festival all on it's own. As usual there is loads there for me. The only bad thing about Silver Hayes being so good these days is that it ends at 3am so if you want music until 6am you have to walk to the south east corner which is an absolute trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Stillill42

As an inhabitant of the EP thread, my heart bleeds for you, MadYaker. First world problems, eh? 😉

• Advertisement

Silver Hayes definitely Most Improved Area of the festival in recent years.

Thursday night Decius into Ivan Smagge B2B Manfredas will be chug-tastic acid house, the way your granda used to dance.

Advertisement