Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Harris, the TikTok Taoiseach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Greengrass53

Well off with you then to one of those European idylls and good luck to you. We'll just have to muddle thru here in our ignorant, sickly, immigrant infested hell hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Thanks for your concern for my future and the heartfelt good wishes, unnecessary as they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Over the last 10 years,
    Britain has :

Tried to undermine our economy, sovereignty, reignite the Troubles, lied, lied and lied about bank bailouts.

They have unilaterally praised murderers of innocent Irish people because they were Brit soldiers and they have unilaterally broke human rights laws.

Throughout all this, FFG have been lapdogs to the British Conservatives, running over for interviews with the British media as if they were some regional first minister- as they were “colleagues” and to criticise this was akin to being a “Shinner”

Chickens really coming home to roost.

Huge embarrassment, wait until FFG find a reason to blame Sinn Féin for their own sycophancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Big assumption to think that all immigrants will require state support for life

As usual on these thread we see people attacking the poster, instead of discussing the topic.

If you want to discuss levels of education of randomers on boards, I suggest you start up a thread and let's discuss it. Not really a topic for a political thread is it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Spare me the histrionics Clo-Clo. Whilst we’re on the topic of attacking the poster, may I remind you of your suggestion ‘not to let the door hit me on the way out’.

Well able to dish it out, but the inverse clearly isn’t true. If you wish to discuss the future life plans of a randomer on Boards, I suggest you start another thread. Not really a topic for a political thread, is it Clo-Clo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

Soundbite Simon is at it again stating that we won't take refugees from the UK. What is he going to do, place a checkpoint on every border crossing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Doubt if there's much "production" from some quarters if this thread is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

BB, are you calling us dole scroungers again? 😂 I am great at multitasking you see🥇

You were so settled and even funny until recently, these upcoming elections have you completely spooked a chara. Don't worry. The world will keep spinning.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

In olden times, as was for instance the want of the Vikings, old Simon would probably be given the moniker "Simon the Simple".

McEntee would probably be "Helen the Halfwit"

O'Gorman would be "Gorman the Gormless"

Ryan could be "Eamon Foul-Fart" attributed to his environmental eating habits.

Actually that would be the only one with a real Viking nickname. Congrats Eamon.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I wonder was McEntee already over in Britain?

Definitely a planned snub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Greengrass53

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

The Vikings will win an All Ireland before Mayo 😂

I don't know why some of you guys are bothering to reply to the undoubted government lackies on here.

Put on ignore and save yourself the bother.

I really do wonder how come some of the old seasoned politicians in the likes of FG, FF don't just resign at this stage.

O'Dea and Ringer made comments in last couple of months about for instance shelving hate speech and woke agenda.

Both of these are, or at least were, very savvy operators who must surely know their electorate are sick to the back teeth of their parties and what they are doing in government.

The leadership of both parties appear now to be on some kind of mad lemming like rush to going over the cliff.

That would be fine and I wouldn't give a damn if there was an end to their parties, but they want to take the rest of us with them.

It just looks like political suicide at this stage to persevere with the current policies.

Oh I don't know with the way things are going Mayo, Donegal and Wicklow will have the biggest populations in the country.

Granted some of the population might not have an interest in GAA and be instead just interested in Middle Eastern politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭thomas 123

genuine question - why would you work if a better standard of everything was provided to you for not working?

Have you done the maths on your own situation. I did it on mine a few years ago(2016 I think) and if I could avail of HAP at that time I’d be a little financially worse off but have 40 hours a week back to make up for it.

Since then rents have sky rocketed, cost of living has also but you think people who cannot believe their luck in terms of accommodation and handouts are going to go work 40 hours in an unskilled job to take away less than they do now?

That’s without medical cards, travel passes etc .

Do the maths, if your on 30-40k in this country and renting your very likely better off not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

It's very arrogant to think that it is so unlikely that anyone could have an opinion different to your own that you would assume they are paid to do so.

You need to widen your circles. Be good for you.

If that was the case then how many people would be unemployed in Ireland?

You don't have to be an immigrant to play the system either, that has been happening in Ireland long before immigration was even a topic.

Trying to say every immigrant that comes to Ireland is just coming to sit on the dole is incorrect, plenty have already come and working away. We heard the same nonsense when the Polish arrived, except they held up the Irish construction industry for years and after they left we had huge issues.

Some did play the system, majority didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riddles

63% of Africans who exited the asylum process are living on social welfare.

So close to 40% are not. So the comment above is wrong.

How many of these should be working and how can we get them working is something we should be looking at.

Plus would love to see how you got this number?

Home owners are not included here. something like 50%+ of 20-35 year olds are still living at home - take the other say 50% cohort and subtract the ones who do not get HAP and that’s how many people are choosing work over the dole(again of renters). It’s not easy to walk out of a job and go on the dole though - but it is easy to stay on it once you know how the game it.

If you were in the shoes of someone in receipt of everything you need to survive more comfortably than you have been from wherever you came from would you go out of your way to contribute to society? I certainly would not.

The Polish had transferable skills in the construction industry. And I think it’s a stretch to say they held it up. You are right though, they contributed and continue to contribute in most cases to the country.

African and middle eastern illegals do not have transferable skills. It’s really that simple. Eg. in the unskilled side of construction say Painting - the standard required here in Ireland is not a done thing in the vast majority of Africa. It’s going to be bottom of the barrel unskilled work for most folks arriving from those areas - through no fault of their own of course.

Post edited by thomas 123 on

• Advertisement

37% are working but possibly are getting some form of social welfare, in receipt of HAP, in receipt of medical cards - as they would be entitled to.

70% is the home ownership rates

4.3 is unemployment rates

When the Polish came the same was said, they had no skills etc ect etc, all will sit on dole.

Do you have anything to back up saying that Africans and Middle East have no transferable skills?

If they are bottom of the barrell unskilled workers how did they pay the considerable amount of money to get to Ireland in the first place?

No idea if that is true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭pureza

The Africans coming must be eejits

Tents and 30 quid a week which stops when their asylum request is rejected which is the majority

They'd be better off in Germany

There have been a lot of new steps to End treasure island

All suddenly necessary as the influx has to be because of Rwanda which has influenced the surge

Next step should be to fine any employers illegally hiring undocumented migrants

Without UK cooperation,stemming the flow south from the north will be impossible

I do not see the problem with racial profiling at border bus checks either as long as it's made clear that the only reason for it is the only way to identify illegals

The GB government arent going to share who is on their reject list in an election year (or ever)

I cannot understand why France isnt compelled to take back the channel boat people either

Ultimately the answer to this global problem is to share the wealth that we relatively have

Good luck with that

We are discussing it in the context of construction right? In that context they absolutely have no transferable skills. We build to a much better standard then any of the most well off cities in Africa(probably even including South Africa) . Standards aside we have different systems.

There is no person arriving from Africa or the Middle East today that is going to be able to work(even as a laborer) on a legitimate Irish construction site. They would need to be fluent in English to get a safe pass and to follow instruction - maybe we could remove the safe pass and let them Labour and learn. I’m not a builder but have experience building - so maybe a builder could further confirm the challenges.

On the dole discussion - do your own numbers and see would you be better off or close to being better off on the dole(assuming you qualified for everything and that you are renting for €1500 per month). Again, I did mine in 2016, things are better for me now then then so it would not make as much sense.

Wouldn't dream of that CM, you are right though I am a bit unsettled, as soon as poor Leo handed in the P45

the dogs moved over to poor Simon quite seamlessly.

Im only putting in the bit of balance like …. no harm in that .🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There is certainly a disturbance in the force BB. I have felt it. I wouldn't be calling him Poor Simon though. He certainly showed his teeth when he leaked cabinet material to shaft the poor Simon Coveney and thus take out the only other credible leadership contender.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Why would we discussing in the context of construction? I just made the point the same noise came when Polish came to Ireland and I just gave an example they provided an excellent addition to construction, plus many other jobs.

See the video doing the rounds of the people roaring abuse at Leo, expect the same to happen now to Simon. Disgusting stuff

Lot of so called ‘leaking’ going on it would appear from posts in this arena.

The way things are all alleged to be going we might be better off and more prosperous

with bombers, gun runners, waterboarders, jail breakers running the country.

Much more harmless than an alleged leak……nothing surer.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Glenomra

We cannot ask France to take back the migrants as they, probably would have raised the issue of the unmentionable words 'c********** t** and then our golden days were truly over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riddles

lots of sham training courses making up half that I’d say with no tangible connections to employment opportunities in that more aimed at retaining benefits

Advertisement