Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Harris, the TikTok Taoiseach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,379 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

SF is a long time in opposition, being a party in/of power is different. They did not grasp the bullet last time( offer FF a deal they could not refuse). No point being popular in the mid term. At present we are synchronised with local, European and national elections all virtually together. I taught the election would be next year. At present after the latest poll I am thinking September/October. Unless polls change we are looking at a return of the present government.

Read it and weep. The goal might have been open but SF are driving the ball wide. MLMD and the nodding donkey next to her are not government material.

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/game-on-red-c-poll-shows-another-drop-in-sinn-fein-support-as-fine-gael-rises/

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭eggy81

as stupid as people are to believe them it certainly indicates that immigration is a big issue for a lot of people too. Also shows how little credible other options are out there to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭corkie

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/irish-pm-presses-ahead-with-catastrophic-hate-speech-law/

If it is left up to Taoiseach (prime minister) Simon Harris, an amended version of Ireland’s insidious and controversial hate speech bill will be passed before the next general election.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Today with Claire Byrne, the Fine Gael leader said that he had decided to pass the bill before March 22, 2025—the last possible legal date for holding a general election.

Hopefully the rumours of GE before the clocks go back are true so #TheTikTokseach doesn't get to enforce these laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭pureza

Why is a right wing outfit based in Vienna so concerned with hate speech laws in Ireland ?

Who cares if someone wants to identify as they them or it,let them at it and yes lock up people whose goal is to make it seems unhappy people trying to sort out their lives even unhappier

Theres enough suicides and misery in the world caused by fake quasi religious guilt and other peoples supposed moral values being pushed on vulnerable people

My opinion is its time these types of far right wingers got a steel boot up the ass,if they want to impose their morals or hate on the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That's just using a lie to kick the can down the road. He is talking through his ass there because he knows the election will be in Oct/Nov. It's so dishonest on his part. They are much too afraid to grasp that nettle.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

#TheTikTokseach Simon Harris was on Ireland AM this morning. Sorry for him that the Photo of him and child is still on the X account that got mentioned. (So Is Micheal Martin's family photo). Despicable they where used in that way.

I had to double the check the host implied they where taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Harris was being followed around Castlebar by the Burkes by the looks of things. The ice cream was safe though.

https://x.com/IrishMirror/status/1797367584129523814/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1797367584129523814&currentTweetUser=IrishMirror

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

was that tasty wee lass Ammi on patrol? She’s something else….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Tik toc taoiseach is right. Times up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Can we lock people up reading the Qur'an and the bible because those texts make a lot of people unhappy too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Morals ya say. Dont give a shite what the right want either way. But i sure as hell care what the extreme left (american shite terms)keep preach on high to us all. And its just as dangerous. Its my more impending concern and consequences of such at the min than any distance far right boogeyman. And if he/she/it does exist. We'll deal with him at future date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This thread has aged well… :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Oxo Moran

To be fair, FG are down 23 seats thus far, compared to the last locals.
    FG 255 232 -23 -9.02%

More of a Harris trip than a bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Ahh they will keep on banging away

At this stage they have no other idea's

And as this thread has been activated today, here is something to be banging away about! :-) 😀

Polling suggests that the EPP will be the largest party after the weekend [after that it is] . So barring a shock abandonment of von der Leyen at the European Council – where heads of government, including Taoiseach Simon Harris, will determine by qualified majority who will be commission president nominee – her name is expected to go forward to be voted on by MEPs in the European Parliament this September.

Quoting something from Saturday, but was mentioned again today in other articles. Given her stance on Isreal and this countries support for Palestine. Will #TheTikTokseach give her his support as part of the same group. It is not just up to him the coalition has to agree?

You posted this on another thread already to do with the government 🤣

So yes keep banging away, it's not getting embarrassing at all

In the other thread it was about her vote by MEP's in the pariliment, this if she is nominated by heads of 27 member states. Which #TheTikTokseach will get a say on part of our goverment coalition.

First stage in the process for her progression. Different content of both posts and tactics.

Oh! Just like to thank you for editing out your personal comment in the other thread. @Clo-Clo

Nothing embarrassing for me, If these are topics of interest to me and want to share on a discussion forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

14 years in government. Must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Oxo Moran

Steadily losing support all the way, locally and nationally.

On your point, can you name something Harris did right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't confuse piss-poor and disorganised opposition as a vote of support for FG or the current Government.

Voter apathy (particularly in regards the EU elections where many feel entirely disconnected from it - how many can ordinarily name their MEPs never mind what they do?) is a factor as well.

We'll see how they do in the General. That's the real test.

Except loads of people voted for them

Don't confuse your own bitterness with the rest of the population

If anything it is clear this election has shown, yet again, that the constant waffle on boards doesn't reflect the rest of Ireland

On the last topic you decided you found interesting, you spammed multiple threads across multiple forums. When that didn't work you created a new thread, when nobody was responding to the thread, you just kept adding content yourself.

Then when that didn't work you went back to spamming threads.

Seems we have found the next topic that nobody else is interested in, you are lying about what is going on as pointed out on other thread, plus you are back to spamming thread

Embarrassing is exactly what I would call the carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭riddles

there will be by elections next as a result of the EU elections possibly five - would the call an election instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tarvis

Rte shows that FF and FG are each down a little and SF are up a little since last locals. Also the plethora if independents doesn’t bode well for meaningful action on anything. A society divided against itself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yep, share of the vote has been consistently nudging down.

There's still a lot of disquiet out there.

People who bother to go out have to vote for someone.

In the absence of a proper alternative, most will just stick to what they know.

That's not the same as active support however. It benefits the incumbents only as long as the options are so poor.

If that changes though, that supposed support will fall away rapidly.

Yawn, more nonsense

As I said, opinion on boards has yet again shown it has absolutely no reflection of the population.

Have a look around at how many threads have been started on boards saying the FF are dead 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    You lads haven't a f**king clue, it's funny to watch

Someone actually posted on another thread they couldn't understand how they had got it so wrong, when I tried to explain, they told me I was wrong and they had been right all along. Now that's a certain level of stupid. 😂

Look at this thread, created to slag off Simon Harris, same group and clapping each other on the back for "Simple Simon" etc etc as if they are intellectual genesis, not because they thought up "Simple Simon" but because they managed to copy and paste it off Twitter. Who is the "simple" one now?

Then the constant claims the FG or FF are running party account, why would they bother? they would be better off going into an insane asylum to get an insight into the population than looking at the dribble on these threads on boards. I do admit it is funny to read and keeps me amused during the day

It's ironic that you throw around terms like "nonsense" and "f*cking stupid" when your entire attitude screams of immaturity and insecurity. What's amusing is watching you flail desperately trying to distract from it. You forgot to mention SF though!

FF WERE essentially dead - until FG and Enda Kenny made them electable again, but that is FG's role historically. Never elected on their own merit but as a protest vote when FF lose the run of themselves, and only until they remind the electorate why that is. FG in Government are worse than FF as we've seen again this time out - the never-ending Children's hospital black hole, immigration out of control and tent cities in Dublin, housing (that's what happens when you sell lots of it off through NAMA I suppose), health, a huge cost of living crisis and widening gap between the haves and have nots (in spite of us supposedly swimming in money - on paper anyway!) etc etc.

But not to worry. As I said, we'll see in the GE how this alleged support translates into seats.

• Advertisement

Never said "f**king stupid"

Next time read the post 😂

Advertisement