Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Stream has arrived in Ireland

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Would you recommend eir over sky stream service? I assume you need fibre broadband to stream any of the tv providers or can you stream sky with the ordinary broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky recommend a 25 meg speed or 30 if you want to watch UHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The UHD sports on sky stream is absolutely outrageously good

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gardening

Apparently Irish channels will be available on the freely tv streaming service in northern Ireland when activated so here's hoping it'll be the same in the republic for the free to air UK channels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There was meant to be a deal when saorview launched that we would get BBC on it and NI would get RTE on Freeview but that never materialised in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭decor58

RTE, TG4 pay the transmission costs of their channels in NI, BBC is available to transmit on Saorview if someone, not BBC, is prepared to pay transmission costs. BBC is available in pretty much most of Ireland via satellite without additional cost to them.

Post edited by decor58 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭galtee boy

RTE and TG4 might be available on that new streaming service in NI, not mainland UK of course, but I guarantee you, the Virgin Media channels won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Can I ask someone who has Sky Stream, when you opt to record a programme, say on RTE 1, it puts the programme on a playlist and when you go to watch that programme, I understand that Stream plays that programme for you from the RTE Player ? But does Stream immediately start playing the programme for you, or does it direct you to the RTE Player, wait for it to load, find the programme, have to watch adverts first etc ? Like when you use the Player yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You have to watch the ads, but you can fast forward through them. But the biggest problem with Sky Stream is that it more or less doesn’t work with the BBC player. All others seem to work ok, however playlist will only remain however long the program or film stays on the player.

Advertisement