Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

You will be asked to provide details of references and PAS will contact them prior to any offer being made. I believe the wording they use is “your are under consideration….” and assuming all is well with your clearance checks you’ll be offered the position.

Edit: you won’t be told where your department is until you get your notification of assignment, after clearance.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thebibe86

waiting on internal panel. Currently CO, know of 2 EO retirements this summer in my place…

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tupence

30th June

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Freddie2018

Hi I have been asked to confirm my expression of interest for an interview in Louth, doing this will rule me out from being considered for my other county of preference. Anyone else received same notification ?

Hi PAS confirmed with me this panel closes June2024

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AidanBol

Possibility of it being extended if there isn't another panel in place by the time it expires PAS informed me last week

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Poolbabe

I got eo last June, started on scale 4 does anyone know if I'll skip any scales like you did on co?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

You skip the points only once. So if you have skipped points 4 and 8 on the CO scale already, no further skips are due. However if you only skipped point 4 on CO scale before promotion, then you would skip point 8 on EO scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Totally Red

If an internal comps comes up do you do all the usual aptitude tests ?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Some depts like Revenue use tests, others like Social Protection just use mix competency based interviews/presentations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, PAS sent out multiple emails this week for expression of interest for interview in various Counties.

I was quite disappointed that I am ruled out of my other county of choice,happy I got the offer of interview though

It's a strange system that makes zero sense. You don't even get the chance to progress to potential interview for what could be your number 1 location. You can see how OOM can drop a few places all of a shot due to people who have to pull out of one location if they take an "expression of intense" for an interview. No guarantee of even getting an interview even!

I know it's super strange, hope I get an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monaghan2022

hi, what oom around are you for Louth?

I’m over 60 Só probably not this panel

Thank you

Some updates from PSA on OOM's reached and placed.

Tipperary

Open panel: 76

Interdepartmental panel: 45

Kilkenny

Open panel: 47

Interdepartmental panel: 27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

hope so as im only a few away from interdepartmental and less than 20 places off the open

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

any update on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ali1993

I’m on the panel for my location after passing my interview and I’m next to be called should any new vacancies be logged for my current location. I’m anxious at the way this is phrased, “should” any new vacancies come up. Does anyone have an experience where they were next to be placed, but lucked out because the panel closed? I’m anxious as this panel is closing soon and I’ll be so annoyed having gone through the process and the interview only to luck out on the timing like surely they have to call if I’ve made it this far 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ShrimpTech39
    Nell

Query for you... when you got EO, did you apply for HEO internal (eg did you get EO in Revenue for example, and apply for HEO in Revenue) or was it HEO open competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭aaron5250

Any recommendations for coaches that would help with interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Hi there, I’d highly recommend Mark Kehoe. He provides interview preparation for all grades in the Civil Service and helps with application forms. He gives a great insight into what assessors and interviewers are looking for in Civil Service competitions. He’ll do practice interviews with you so you’ll be well prepared. I’ve got his help before and he’s an absolute gent. His number is 086 881 6034

Advertisement