Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the Job simulation questions in the practise tests. I’ve been trying out the test ones on PAS but no matter how I choose to answer I keep getting result in the low band. What are they looking for. I’ve been answering them based on the EO competencies and having them in view when answering the questions. I then tried to answer them based on what I think my manager would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

probably been asked but does anyone know how many is in a batch - (few friends got called up in recent weeks for interviews) contacted pas and I am about 30 spots away (in a big county)… I’m just wondering my chances of making it before end of july/august and I guess they try to exhaust the list beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ali1993

I’ve been an EO since 2021 and applied for this competition in 2022 as a way to get closer to home as I was working in Dublin at the time. I moved in February this year on mobility and now in the county I live in, but hate the job! As it happens, I now have an interview next week for the same county and I’m going ahead with it as a way of trying to get out of where I am. Has anyone else been in this sort of position? Have they ever questioned it or found it strange that you’re interviewing for the same grade? I obviously won’t say I hate where I am, I’ll come up with a clever line such as wanting to keep my options open for career purposes or something along those lines 😂 but just wondering if it ever came up. Also if anyone has done one of these competitions as the same grade, I’m 99% certain you don’t have to start at the beginning of the scale am I correct? Also would I have to do probation again for a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

im in same boat, i left on mobility about over 9 months ago and i regret the change (location/not what i thought job was) but fortunately im on the EO and CO panels - hope i catch the eo interview as im only 30 places off on the panel in a big area, but it ends in July/August… i wouldn't worry too much about the move, ive seen those who moved on mobility and a few short weeks/months got a move again from promotion/unhappy with job

Post edited by TheDavester on

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ShrimpTech39
    Nell

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update and say I got the promotion.

It took blood, sweat, and tears. I had to appeal the decision 5 times and go above PAS and apply for informal and formal reviews under CPSA Codes of Practice.

I had to bare my soul and be open about life experiences that led to my high sick count leave, which I know a lot of people might not want to discuss, but it was worth it so I would recommend anyone who has gone through adverse life events like domestic abuse or mental health crisis to appeal and argue their case when it comes to promotion.

I argued that I was not being provided adequate equity given I'd endured domestic abuse and that the absences during that period and subsequently were once off incidents and unlikely to occur again. I also provided statistics and percentages of the improvements in my attendance.

Anyway, I just wanted to leave that for anyone who gets told they can't have the promotion due to their sick leave - appeal, appeal, appeal.

• Advertisement
    Nell

Hi

I am now on point 6 of the CO scale and got the promotion. Would I still only go to point 1 on the EO scale? I was hoping to go to point 2 on the EO scale. There is not much different between point 6 as a CO and point 1 as an EO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

@ShrimpTech39 - congratulations and fair play. Well done for doing the work and not accepting the first result when the metrics failed to tell the full story. Thanks for sharing your experience too. I'm glad you're in a better place now. Enjoy the new role!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MidnightOil

Any update on Mayo? Had my interview a few weeks ago, did alright, could have been better!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Previous poster was correct, but as you are now on point 6, you will go to point 2 of EO scale. You will also skip point 8 of EO scale when you get to it i.e. Go from point 7 to point 9.

Nell

Thank you for your kind words. I hope in the future someone might see this on the thread and do the same if they're in a similar position.

• Advertisement
    Nell

Thank you for verifying, I keep getting conflicting answers... hopefully I do go to point 2. Also amazing news about skipping point 7!

I had my interview yesterday but as my nerves were seriously at me I didn’t even think to ask how long it would be until I got my result! How long were people waiting after interview for result?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 misst16

Mine took a week to come back. I was the same with the nerves but I’m sure you did fine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 misst16

can anyone give me an insight to EO in DSP please and thanks

found out today I passed so only 2 days!! So I’m hoping it’s a sign they are desperate in my area and I’ll get offered somewhere soon! 😂

do you know yet what kind of office you’ll be in? I’m currently in an intreo so can give an insight if that’s the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J2024

Anybody know where they are on oom for Eo interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

It depends on your country, you'd have to include that in your question

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Inmate2020

Wicklow hasn’t moved a sliver for both internal and open since October .. not a single mm .. really hoping we are due an internal competition soon as I’m seriously loosing the will to live ..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monaghan2022

Monaghans not moved in a year, still oom 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Since I entered this comp, was promoted internally to EO and HEO…moves at glacial pace for those outside Dublin.

Nell

Anyone who was placed in Dept of Justice in Dublin, what area did you get put into and where is the location?

Nell

That gives me hope haha, I want to get HEO

Nell

That gives me hope haha, I want to get HEO

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AidanBol

Got results last August for Waterford and no move since, still oom 3 for open and Interdepartmental.....any others on here waiting for Waterford also??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Inmate2020

🙈 I feel your pain !!

does anyone know what pre-employment checks entail? Do they ask for a reference before they actually tell you which Department you’ll be assigned? I’m reluctant to ask my manager for a reference which will let them know I’m wanting to leave without knowing exactly where I’m going! 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can anyone advise roughly where they are at with Galway and Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AidanBol

I've emailed PAS for an update on Waterford.....called all candidates up to and including batch 6 so due to call from batch 7 when positions are available...as stated previously moving at snails pace unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Freddy123

Does anyone know when this panel closes?

Advertisement