Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran has come out of the shadows and attacked Israel directly. **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The US back calling the shots now it seems. Israel getting their horns cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭threeball

If Biden wants to get re-elected he needs to put the shackles on that POS and bring the focus back to the only war that matters. Losing ground there is a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Good old Donald, out picking up pieces of plane on the pentagon lawn, must have been a good guy.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well howdy internet people, let’s talk about - yeesh, some frankly unhinged takes that treat this all like a video game from people rooting on a regional conflict (great shirt choice - you died of dysentery)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

Over and over again, people make arguments on here assuming the other side sees Palestinians and Muslims in general as actual people, equal to Irish people or Israelis. It's just not the case and it's why the arguments don't work.

The same way we don't really care about cows and pigs being slaughtered, they don't care about women and children being slaughtered. You might as well ask them to care about a pregnant cow and in their minds, it is absurd because a person is obviously worth more than a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

This is true and not admotted much.i know an Israeli and they admitted they dont see palestinians as anything more than animals.

Brits had the same attitude towards the irish when Ireland was colonised. If you can justify in your head they're only animals then you can carry out your colonial atrocities and not feel guilt

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭dbas

Both countries did exactly what they wanted to do.

Still Iran gets described as despotic/ religious nuts etc.

They've shown more dignity than Israel/ USA/ UK altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Or, maybe images of military airbases aren't something any country wants spread all over the Internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Israel attacked a consulate, you don't attack a consulate ( it's the same as attacking the country itself)

They damn well knew Iran would have to respond directly.

Israel seriously miscalculated here in an attempt to force Iran into direct action, all because they were losing global support in Gaza.

Biden publicly refusing to to support a retaliation strike is very telling

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement

antisemitic claptrap. The west admits nothing, but fascist telegraph fans echo this like jackbooted parrots.

Here's a hint for you: Israel's going nowhere. The US could abandon them, and they're still going nowhere.

So, move on with your spew.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭concerned_tenant

Israel attacked a consulate with a military commander inside, after Iran helped orchestrate the October 7 events that led to the current war.

You make out that Israel attacked the Iranian consulate on a whim.

To flip your point around: Iran knew "damn well that Israel would have to respond directly. Iran seriously miscalculated here in an attempt to force Israel into direct action".

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭engineerws

Iran says it warned Israel in advance to prepare while us saying not true.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iranian-notice-attack-may-have-dampened-escalation-risks-2024-04-14/

I don't know who to believe. It's hard to believe the us, I'd guess their complaint is that Iran didn't name every exact location but who knows. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭brickster69

US shot down 80 drones and at least 6 ballistic missiles during the attack

All roads lead to Rome.

There's always some kind of high value targets in and out of embassies and consulates. You attack one and you may as well have attacked Terhan (or the capital of whichever country you are fighting)

It was a calculated step by Israel to force a direct response by Iran.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭weisses

No way ... you are telling me Iran had an Iranian general in an Iranian consulate ??!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭weisses

What warning did they need ? You could almost book a last minute flight into Israel and see it live ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

An Embassy being deliberately bombed is a war crime.

No its not.

Do you care about international law or do you just think "fcek it, I'll just invent scenaria and preferential outcomes depending on which way the wind blows on any given day"?

I do, but I also live in the real world.

Iran supplying and arming its proxies in Gaza (Hamas), Lebanon (Hezbollah), and Yeman (Houthis) is the biggest factor in the destabilising of the region. I note you do not condemn Iran for its own breaches of International Law, such as the attack on Saturday night. People honestly do not know how depraved the regime is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭brickster69

Here we go again ! Not one sanction placed on Israel yet.

All roads lead to Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Israel must have all the western leaders compromised. That's all I can think off. Their influence in the face of being absolute shithouse troublemakers astounds me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What about chapter 51? Israel made the claim it was used as a base for terrorism. I don't know about you but that seem dubious to me and even if is true, does that mean other nations embassies are legitimate targets seeing as spies often operate out of embassies who are sometimes carrying out hostile acts against other nations. I wonder what would the reaction would be if an Israeli consulate building was attacked because the attackers claimed mossad were planning a secret operation harmful to another country out of it. The attack on the consulate sets a dangerous precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭threeball

Israel have been leveraging the horrors of the halocaust to their advantage since the state was founded. Everyone is terrified to critisise for fear of being called antisemitic and this has allowed Israel to carry out acts that are equally as despicable as those that were visited on the Jews and others in WWII. There's no hiding it. Israel have shown themselves to be just as callous and cruel as the Nazis.

I see David Cameron condemned Iran for seeking to destabilise the region . Did he think the attack on the consulate building in Syria was intended to stabilise the region

First part yes

Second, comparison to Nazi actions? Cop on FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Is anyone familiar with a Mark Humphreys on twitter?

What's his deal, is he an Israeli paid shill or just an out and out oddball ?

Claims to be a college lecturer but spends about sixteen hours per day defending the IDF unconditionally, kind of guy who'd defend the IDF if they attacked the GPO in Dublin

Notice never compared to other historically monstrous regimes - Khmer, China, England in Kenya or other places. Nope. Got to rub the Nazis in. Wonder why..

Once again US Intelligence has not made a determination of direct Iranian involvement in the October 7th attacks. If they were involved directly the Americans would not be shy to declare it. Israel would have bombed Tehran days after October 7th too. It helps your argument to state that they were , but it doesn't make it true

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

They have far and away the richest diaspora on earth who control the media and much of the financial sector in America, it's got very little to do with Epstein's having compromising pics

Maybe you could tell this to others who keep talking about Israel being under an existential threat. If it wasn't apparent already,the Iranian attack shows Iran is no match for Israel militarily. They had to been seen to do something but warned other nations and when the attack was finished let everyone know that they considered the matter done because they are keen to avoid an escalation. They know that the IDF can unleash havoc on Tehran and their military can do nothing to stop it . As I said before rather than the popular depiction of the mad mullahs being driven by religious fanaticism, their actions on the international stage demonstrate they are motivated by self preservation- they don't want to appear weak to a domestic audience, but at the same time they do not want a war, as their economy is a basket case already and a war could well threaten their hold on power. If it was really all about Jihad they wouldn't let these earthly concerns bother them- they'd be happy for an all out war and to receive a glorious martyrdom in the inevitable defeat to Israel.

• Advertisement

Israel's under existential threat daily. Fortunately they have Iron Dome. Imagine if it fails.

Anyway, saying move Israel to Wyoming or whatever is antisemitic, full stop.

Advertisement