Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

was a nice day in cork city yesterday! Stayed bright until about 20:15 I’d say and was dry so was able to get out and about. Wet and grey again this morning though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

This solar eclipse is amazing…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭pad199207

A wet morning in North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭pureza

10 mm here in Arklow so far

Very wet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Overcast and wet in Tralee too and feeling cool enough at around 8C. Such a contrast to yesterday here in Kerry, even though there were some big showers if caught directly under one, there was lengthy spells of lovely blue skies and sunshine if a bit blustery and I managed to get out rummaging along the coast for a few hours, saw my first swallow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Aweful in Carrigaline and cork city today since early AM. Consistent heavy rain in Carrigaline, no stop to it.

Yesterday evening, though still windy was nice and clear and dare I say warm in parts. Had patio doors open. Was hoping this would continue .. but no 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Some big totals already in the South according to Met Eireann's Weather Observations Website although not sure how accurate some of those are. The radar is showing very heavy rain in North Kerry and Limerick at the moment, is the rain system we have the yellow warning for in the South East tracking further westward?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The freshly resuscitated Shannon radar is getting a good work-out today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another miserable wet Spring day, won't get a chance to walk today as it looks as if the rain is going to be down for the entire day. At least it should turn much milder later this week with 18C possible on Thursday and perhaps Friday.

Those bright colours in the south Irish sea are heading straight for you after they land here,Ill keep you posted

14mm so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got out for walk earlier and it was absolutely p***ing down! Had a good long rain coat on but lower legs still got saturated! Was still glad I got out though. It seems to have eased a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fooking hell the rain is relentless,no rain warning for here but we seem to be stuck under a yellow blob on the radar all morning. Looks more patchy in parts of the southeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We somehow managed to escape the rain so far in west Galway but the Radar looks really bad in the East and South. That seems to be a pattern recently for some reason.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

so much rain lately. i'm worried about the summer, last year was bad but i have a bad feeling once we get our annual 10ish days of summery weather in may/early june it'll just be a complete washout even worse than previous years with the seas being warmer and producing more moisture this year

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Yes I hope it doesn't get too good too quickly in late spring/early summer and then bust like last year.

On a separate note, it's been very wet in Meath but in the extreme North Eastern region from around Carlingford in Co. Louth,through Co. Down and Antrim, these areas seem to be receiving monstrous amounts of rain. Even todays rain has reached those area's. From the flooding in them areas during the winter to now, the rain seems to intensify over the region from all directions. I wonder what the rainfall totals are in the last 6 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

The way it is now I would take the 10 days of summery weather in May/early June. The last few weeks have just been brutal…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am banking on a dry May and June like last year in terms of holidays booked. Last year we got only 50% of normal rainfall in those 2 months combined and loads of sunshine.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

23mm in Cork and still going

63mm for April, LTA is 77mm. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lashing. Noah sun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭alentejo

I would have rain in April, May and June if July and August were good!

• Advertisement

24.6mm so far here in Arklow and pouring down still

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dan575283578

A very wet day here in the southeast. Seeing reports of flooding in waterford. To add insult to injury, it's freezing cold, had to turn on heater for first time in a while. Hard to believe it's the 8th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

30mm so far here in tipp and it appears to have stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

15mm at the North end and still at it, only 5.7C

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Will this rain ever stop. 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Aw stop. Lights on all day. M i s e r a b l e.

8° Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Why should we have choose, as poor as our climate is, it should be a lot better than it has been the last 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭yagan

Doctor put me on vitamin D pills, which really surprised me as I mainly worked outdoors. This last year has obviously been shockingly overcast.

• Advertisement

Nearly 80mm already for April,down on top of 180mm for March and 150 for February

Advertisement