Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

False data I'm afraid. Winters 1878-79 and 1880-81 are among the coldest on record in Dublin. January 1881 is the coldest of any month on reliable record. Phoenix Park recorded -15.6C that month which would stand as the lowest temp in Dublin until Casement bet it on Christmas Day 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

That looks more like Dublin California stats 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain at times

Potential Impacts:

. Flooding
    . Poor visibility
    . Difficult travelling conditions

Valid: 00:00 Monday 08/04/2024 to 00:00 Tuesday 09/04/2024

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential hail in North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Rugbyf565

glorious day today in south Dublin, really missed the sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Not a glorious day in West Dublin! There is some brightness, but also heavy rain and hail showers. Every bit as gusty as yesterday, but yesterday was a lovely dry sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭adocholiday

ICON 06z going for some serious rainfall totals in the SE for tomorrow. 75mm is about the average for the month of April in some of those areas. It's very much out on its own with those totals though and most models seem to be going for around 30mm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Lashing in Oranmore at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Rugbyf565

never mind turned into a storm in the space of 10 minutes. **** this country tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another downpour here in Meath, rain bouncing up off the ground, this is the Spring that just keeps on giving…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Well I suppose its a seasonal April day. Sunshine and April showers. I like seasonal. Back to muck tomorrow as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dan575283578

The ground is absolutely saturated here in Wexford as it just hasn't had any chance to dry out properly. My garden is squelching in places it's never done before. A few days without rain is very badly needed, and it seems even that is hard to come by these days

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very windy again now in Greystones. Sun's out and almost 15c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭pureza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Mammatus, Athlone, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was sitting outside enjoying the 🌞. The dog was lying on the paving stones and I noticed for the first time in months the ground was actually dry. Dry, not mucky or slimey ... Heat + Wind really dries the place quickly ...

And then we got a squall of wind and rain 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Really nice day in Cork, rain held off in most places, sunny and feeling warm if you can find a very sheltered spot. Very very windy tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

squally showers all day here and wind howling. Temp between 8-10 degrees. Thts what it is you can use whatever words you want to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Jaysus back to max of 8 degrees tomorrow and lashing all day, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Saturday's storm gave me exceptional opportunity to sleep as long as I wanted to. 28 hours without power. Nothing to do, so slept 22 hours out of 28. Thankfully weather station still has good batteries, so was able to record highest gust of 105 km/h and highest 10 mins average of 71 km/h.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light rain to start the day in Greystones. My Netatmo app forecasting 39.4mm for me for the day. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

cold wet morning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Thanks, to be completely fair though, yesterday was mostly sunny and reached 25C here in Loutraki but the evening turned showery which was disappointing. At the moment, it's 14C, windy, and with the sun poking between clouds but it should reach 21C later and clear up. We had a beautiful sunset on Saturday which really fit the mood, pictures don't do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Normal service has resumed, hammering it down in Cork, 9mm recorded since 3am with another 20mm or more to come before the end of the day.

We'll be close to beating the April LTA by the end of the day, a mere week into the month 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

it's absolutely miserable. I really need to get a walk in, I'm just thinking will I brave it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

5.8c in Cobh at the moment. 20mm of rain so far for me.

Advertisement