Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Poor day in Dublin…grey and windy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Woke up this morning, looked out the window, and it was raining.

Same bleak sight every morning, its like groundhog day.

Honestly dont know why I remain in this hell hole.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mild air with the approaching wind/storm. Sunny and drizzly in Greystones. 15c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

A mostly dry day since morning here in Dublin, but very windy. Dull and grey, but at least it's not raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭alentejo

2 storms approaching over the next 72 hours. I keep having to reminding myself that it's spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

Wet and windy night in Cork City. The rain is holding off for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭esposito

I know, ridiculous. During the summer months, the only storm I want to see is a thunderstorm.

I know alentejo, ridiculous. During the summer months, the only storm I want to see is a thunderstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Mostly a dry bright morning. Definitely no jacket needed on morning walk even in the breeze it was a warm feeling.

Lunchtime was a mega shower.

Oercast now. Few attempts at rain.

16⁰ 😵 Meath. Shame its dull now with those temps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Very windy but bright and sunny in south Dublin.
    Seems like there are plumes of hot air every so often? !! Strange.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We're certainly starting to turn a corner on what has felt like a very chilly Spring so far, definitely feeling alot milder today and next week could see anything up to 18C at times potentially with mid teens very much possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Any sign of some high pressure gonzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

definitely felt a lot milder today. Had to take the jacket off earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I’d have taken my jacket off only id be even more soaked and windswept. I really feel the south midlands and SE have become the new SW and West in weather terms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There might be towards the second half of April but it's looking very flimsy at the moment. A chance we could be in for another cold turn mid month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why do Met Eireann even bother having the hourly forecast when it changes very significantly every 4 few hours. Earlier it said rain would end at 11pm in Galway City, now it says 3am.

A useless inaccurate feature is worse than no feature at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can’t remember the last time I even checked that. Useless isn’t the word.

is there some talk/speculation of an improvement from around next Thursday as in Spring finally arriving?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Spring has been called off. We have Autumn instead. :-P

• Advertisement

yep we had our 1 day of Spring yesterday.

With a bit of luck we may get another day of Spring on Thursday with 18 or 19C possible but it will be a 1 day wonder.

is there some hope of things improving after Thursday?

Seems to be Autumn most days this year so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Today was the perfect day to get away from Ireland, just landed at Athens Airport where it is 25C and sunny, absolute perfection. It's very strange to not feel even a hint of a chill in the air since I haven't experienced warm and sunny weather since August!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It's actually not a bad day in Dublin. Very gusty, but lovely and bright, and dry. There's great drying out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I'd have thought it was a very mild couple of months and the data shows the same.

Athenry Mean Temps (Average in brackets)

Feb = 7.6 (Average 5.6)
    March = 7.5 (Average 7.1)
    April = 9.2 (Average 8.6)

Phoenix Park Mean Temps (Average in brackets)

Feb = 7.6 (Average 5.2)
    March = 7.7 (Average 6.6)
    April = 9.7 (Average 8.2)

It's the reason we got very little frost and snow. I have really noticed the the oil/logs usage is way down on previous years. Very mild today for sure.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

brilliant enjoy that love to read it. Actual proper nice weather not the pretend stuff as I call it we have to endure most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It not been cold, but we've had no warmth. And on those few days that there is no rain, or broken clouds, and you can feel that little heat from the sun (which is there, it is April), there has been a wind with a chill on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Temps got to mid 20s here in Malta over the past few days. Its been wonderful to be here. Having spent our first few days exploring this lovely island, today we just flaked out by the pool.An absolute treat to feel the sun and warmth on your skin.😍 Constant blue skies here which is so uplifting, just dread the return to the grey and grim tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement