Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely evening in Galway. Not a breath of wind. Lake is like a mirror. The water levels are way down after a largely dry Easter weekend.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pureza

Lashing rain here in Wicklow again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

18mm already in April,it's relentless

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah....just started again in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭acequion

Hi from sunny Malta instead of rainy Tralee. 🤩 First time here. France,Spain,Italy more my continental thing. But the weather is absolutely gorgeous. 21C and gin blue skies,don't know myself.🤩 My only, very first world problem is that I didnt bring enough light clothes. But hey,no rain at all,At All! So nothing is a problem when you get a break from the constant rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry and humid in the West this morning.

Back in Meath. Went for a run at 630pm . Opened the heavens at 720pm. 2km back home and no rain fell here. Mad Ted.

As the rain didnt fall at home, cut the lawn. Woo hoo.My neighbours love me at 830pm. Happy it's done before rain over next few days. Drizzling out there now.

9⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

A particularly dark shade of grey here this morning in south Dublin.
    It’s dry (as in there’s no rain falling) at the moment but I reckon that won’t last long, place is still sodden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Cloudy,misty and dark. Feels like a day in November

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭alentejo

It's raining in Terenure. Thats not supposed to happen till 6pm according to ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Rugbyf565

very chilly, grey and wet outside in Dublin for a spring day today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Very strong and gusty southerly winds.

Possible impacts:

• Some fallen trees
    • Difficult travel conditions
    • Debris, loose objects displaced
    • Some coastal flooding

Valid: 07:00 Saturday 06/04/2024 to 20:00 Saturday 06/04/2024

Issued: 09:41 Thursday 04/04/2024

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pleasant morning here in south Dublin, started with almost clear skies, clouded over and now fair, very slight breeze. Currently 10.9C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Fairly miserable working outdoors in Dublin today. Rain was forecast to arrive in the early evening but there has been heavy showers since morning. Feeling quite cold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Pretty damp here in Castlebar. Miserable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

miserable is right. It’s just so depressing at this stage. The extra hours brightness is a waste of time really at the moment you could do nothing in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another miserable day in Meath, damp and wet, nothing heavy but once again the heavy drizzle that soaks you, seems to be a theme over the past 2 weeks. The deluges of recent months seems to be replaced now by long spells of constant drizzle and misty conditions with heavier falls of rain during the night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

the weekend was so nice in cork, and now, back to the usual. Ground saturated and motorways starting to get flooded with the heavy drops of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Robwindstorm

You have it in nut shell Gonzo. Apart from easter Sunday its been miserable .

Very wet in Arklow now

Bucketing down

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does anyone know how many wet days we’ve had in the last 12 months versus the previous 12?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

bucketing rain now in cork very heavy. Bought two large flower pots three weeks ago and they are already overflowing with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For my own weather station in N.Tipp: Apr 22 - Mar 23 = 211

Apr 23 - Mar 24 = 253

(0.2mm or more)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Well I'm having a nice cup of tea with a few marietta biscuits,the turf fire is blazing and I've just put on Star trek Discovery

It can pour like mad outside!

God this tea is nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sweet Jaysus arrived back in Dublin and we have been transported back to December! The mist was so bad we only seen the fields around the airport about 2 mins before landing.

I wouldn't mind we left a very wet Paris but it wasn't cold like here and this might sound mad but even when it was lashing in Paris it wasnt as dark or dreary as here there was some light getting through if you know what I mean.

know exactly what you mean appledrop. The grey slate is unique to this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

thanks a million for this.

Seems like non stop wet days these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's that mad out there even Met Eireann are classing it as freezing rain.

Pureza, ,while that sounds lovely, l really think that's something I would assisociate with doing around Christmas time, not during the Easter holidays!

But fair play someone has to be positive about the current weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Rugbyf565

lads, why did we get such nice weather during the 2/3 year lockdown period? I remember the outdoor dining rules being in place in April and I enjoyed it cause the weather was so good.

• Advertisement

another horrible morning wind and rain.

Advertisement