Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Partly cloudy, cool and breezy in Longford. Convection building.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rain in Galway windy and 6 degrees feels cold with that wind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hardly any rain in Galway city. I was in there all morning and there was a single shower. Quite a nice morning for March. 11 degrees now.

Radar shows the one shower and rest of the day looks decent.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well my self and wife got caught in a heavy shower at the University it lasted around 15 minutes in a strong wind it was cold temp in the car was 6 degrees its 12 degrees now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Feeling smug here in NCD, 3 brilliant hours out in the park then just as dark clouds rolled in we packed up the car and the heavens opened, hailstones and all!

They don't call me the weather forecaster for nothing at football training 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Great day overall in Dublin/Kildare. One very heavy downpour around midday and otherwise bright and sunny. Every driveway in a 5-mile radius is being powerwashed as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Torrential downpours in NCD for the last 2 hours with plenty of hailstones.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very nice afternoon for a stroll around Wicklow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

A lot of people gardening and mowing lawns. It's hard work but it's great to see all the growth again. The birds are busy and full of song too. I love Spring. Bright until 8:30pm tomorrow, superb.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a nice day here in Meath plenty of showers around with rain and hail.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A grand day overall here in Kerry, a few drops in the wind and a very localized light shower out in the car earlier, even had a BBQ albeit with jackets on but great to be out in the bright sunny day with a cool keen breeze. Got up to 12.5C but you wouldn't know it, 8.4C now and the breeze has died down, will take it over all the wet days gone by.

A nice bygone rural scene a short time ago in Ardfert this evening in the bright evening sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mapaputsi

A belter of a day in Oranmore Galway. Chilly wind but no rain at last. It's all relative!

Got the patio scrubbed and it's looking lovely. Forecast for the week is showery but might be turning a corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ascophyllum

3rd or 4th nice day in a row here in West Mayo, cold start and bit breezy but it was quite pleasant for the afternoon, definitely not bad weather for the end of March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Really shocked to see no rain in the West today lol

Was in the city. Breezy but blue skies; do the heart good.

On the drive home lots of beautiful rainbows so I guess there was rain somewhere in the distance

Currently 6⁰ NE Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah a nice dry spell around Oranmore just now, just wondering though when the temperature will increase at night time or stay in the double digits at least, still chilly enough at night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Was a day of up and down chasing showers… caught a lovely double rainbow in the Phoenix Park and ended with a nice sunset at Tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭BagofWeed

Was a fine dry clear yet windy afternoon in south Dublin. Literally (No joke 100% serious) hit a rotten heavy rain shower tonight about 9:40 just as I passed the Welcome to County Cork sign on the M8. Had been clear the whole road down until I saw the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

The unwashed need to be washed before they enter!! 😉

The weekend isn’t turning out too bad so far in Cork, plenty of sunshine and decent enough weather to get out and about in, a few heavy showers alright early last night. Currently 7C this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Currently in the South of Spain for the Easter weekend. Plenty of heavy showers here particularly in the mornings with it then turning nice around 2pm. As I speak it lashing outside. Talking to the hotel manager he was saying the start of Spring particularly from the 2nd week of February was excellent but in the last week its been very wet...badly needed here though

• Registered Users Posts: 24 goingmadted

Pretty much 3 dry days in a row with plenty blue skies here in East Clare. Today might be 4.

I think I must be dreaming and going to wake up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

More heavy rain overnight,we don't seem to be catching any break from the rain around these parts unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

After really nice Saturday here @ MO/RN border, weather's back to normal today.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Dull, breezy and quite chilly in Longford. The rain is gone though so that's one good thing.

Happy alleged miraculous un-deading of some guy almost 2,000 years ago.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fine Easter Sunday now in Greystones. 12c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dan575283578

Was woken up during the night by a VERY heavy downpour. Miserable now dull and windy. Wxford

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I can only guess the bar is so low that any reprieve is seen as something. Dull often wet breezy 8 degrees west Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭joe199

Sun feels warm in shelter from the wind in D9 let's hope it's a sign of things to come, great lift it gives after a long winter, Happy Easter Sunday all 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭boetstark

Did you really have to say that at the end.

Everybody is entitled to their beliefs but a tad strange going out of your way to be disrespectful to others beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Poor form. Would have expected better from you. Shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another brutal day in Cork, dull, very cool at 10 degrees, frequent heavy showers. Muck.

Absolutely fed up with it.

Advertisement