Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

there's a 2022 plate 60kW m3 in Limerick which i've been watching that has just dropped below 30k - good value in my opinion. in 6 months time i hope to see more examples as that's when i'd likely be in the market for a 2 year old m3.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's a good price, stalks and USS too if 221 (and lifetime standard connectivity)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

ya its a 221 with LFP battery. i'd have contacted them only it just comes at the wrong time for me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2022-tesla-model-3-510km-range/36490686

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭creedp

In case anyone's interested I ordered Finish Line NEU-106E Sonic Carbon Alloy Wheel touch up paint for 20" uberturbines off amazon a couple of weeks back and got to try it out today. Made the rookie error of not trialling it in an incnspicious area first. Bad mistake as its a far lighter shade of grey than original. Wheel looks worse now so will have to look for a better alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

That's a balls. Thanks for the post. I have damage to 2 of mine so need to find a good solution. Please keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

First drive using it, drove home late last night from work full beams on all the a way and nobody flashed, could see the light pattern doing it's thing. Also blocked out a cyclist going across the road from right to left in front of me as I was stopped at traffic lights. Seems very good, only time will tell though. Happy so far with it's performance 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Still no sign of the update, one I am looking forward to. Mine is also a 2022 car, my updates usually come in fairly early. Have toggled between 'standard' and 'advanced' on updates page, no luck so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

So car got 2024.8.4 and now my 3rd party HUD not working right.

Left indicator showing as constantly on and off headlights come on they show as high beams regardless. Using indicators doesn't do anything. Rebooted and no charge. Anyone else got this issue? I know Tesla won't care as it's 3rd party but I do quite like the hud

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Worked

Hi did you get sorted-? With wheel cover

was able to pick one up for 22 M3 from Sandyford yesterday-- lucky as just called in on spec

Btw- the first one offered to me was damaged- check

Cost 30€

• Advertisement

How do you go looking for updates?-I don't seem to have choice-? just get message to say update available- M3 2022 on 2024.2.8 now...

Sandyford say tires and wheels not covering under warranty but was able to buy one there over counter m3 2022 for 30€

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Well, I don't know how the managed to do it, Tesla seemed to do the impossible, my wipers are actually worse than ever now... , I used to get the odd wipe when I drove in a area with sunlight flickering through the trees ect.... Which was understandable ( but not acceptable) due to the insistence on using vision for the wipers, but yesterday with dull sky's my wipers were activating for no apparent reason, had to turn them off auto. But at least the adaptive lights are working!!. I would have gladly gave the extra 5euro on a 50k car for a rain sensor!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

they push out to certain cars randomly.

There is a trick that if you toggle between standard & advanced updates a few times and leave on advanced, it will search for any available updates for your car but this trick only works once per day.

Many thanks for reply!- would you poss just remind me how to find that standard/advanced update location please?- know I came across it before but not recently ..

yea, in teh menu I think its done near the bottom in the service menu?? Can never remember but its in 1 of the tabs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭wassie

Next one down, its in the Software menu.

It may need a firmware update. You could reach out to the manufacturer, but don't be surprised if there is very little in the way off aftersales support for a chinese aftermarket product.

Your best bet would be to head on over to Reddit as there probably are plenty of peeps worldwide affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭JOL1

IF ever you cant remember where things are located thre is a very useful search function on the cars screen. Just bring up controls and there is a search field at top and type in there and it will bring up relevant locations...works for all menu features and linked to cars online manual also

Thanks all v helpful as always! I tend to default to phone. app which is fairly limited- must spend more time in car;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭creedp

The mottled wheel was really annoying me and then I remembered I bought a can of Ford sea grey paint for a previous smax which from memory seemed to be a similar colour to the uberturbines. Anyway I dug it out of the depths of the garage and gave it a shot and couldn't believe it is almost an exact match for the wheels.

So once more I can triumphantly declare to the other half the success of my hard wired obsession with not throwing stuff away....you'd just never know when it might come in handy🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Brian_dub_

Does anyone have any good sources for aftermarket black emblems for the M3 refresh? front emblem and rear letters. checked all the usual sources and it seems a mixed bag of only being for previous gen or just being stick on covers, whereas I want to replace the badges completely.

Have you considered taking the existing one off and painting it. Not a difficult job with a good quality aerosol.

that would indeed look better as anytime I've seen the black plastic covers on the T on the previous gen cars it's always looked sh1t

Hmm yeah might be an idea…the guy doing my ppf said he would fit new badges so I could easily take them off and get them sprayed or do it myself.

the back badges are very thin and I haven’t seen any black ones that look oem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

I'd go off a recommendation for a badge if you can. When I was getting PPF the lad had another Tesla in that had gotten black badges but decided against using them. They were €90 from China which I thought was a bit high (had the docket) but they were solid, good depth, and to hand so I went with them.

The paint has almost completely come off and I need to replace them. Got 6 months...

Actually when I say them luckily I just went with the back so it's only on ye ceramic coating and not the PPF.

Might give those Green drive ones a try.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got them on Ali express for the Model S. Matt black replacements.

for the M3 I bought covers as I wasn’t sure if I was keeping them or not.

They stick up a lot more than the oem but only the hardcore would really notice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Have stick on black badges on a white m3. I like them.

If I didn't, it's a 5 min job to remove and bin them.

• Advertisement

Also want to get a matte black carbon fibre spoiler, I think the new boot lip will look nice with them. Not spending €800 from Tesla though.

There’s some proper carbon ones from china for 100-250 euro I’ll look at

Advertisement