Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

Still locked up and in the same state I seen it last a few months ago. Such a shame really. A well run bar & restaurant would do great there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It really would, it used to be great at one time. Loved going there for the occasional dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think tried to make it something it wasn't , and in the wrong location for that they wanted. Winding up the locals for no good reason.

With the location you'd imagine it would make a great food pub. Used to be more like that a start. But I feel they tried to make it more of a drinking pub and half assed the food side. Which is kinda opposite of how the trade is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

12th Lock used to be the place everyone went for years for either meals or a few drinks....even if you lived a good few miles from it. It really was a destination venue for Dublin 15 and beyond...especially in fine weather. Shame its not still operating. As already said, I think the fact they tried tinkering with what made it a success led to its downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

They seem to want to make it a larger hotel and late bar. The latter especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Telling people of a Wednesday no jerserys and could you not put your hoody back on made a few of us walk out (maybe thats what they wanted)

Didn't take long to echo what I said and got shot down on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The new bakery in Roselawn had a soft opening this morning. Was too late to get anything, but friends got some pastries and they looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

I picked up some cakes - very good.

they will be starting bread in the next few days and expanding the range slowly to maintain quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Was in the Roselawn bakery this morning, lovely guys working there, still very much a work in progress but could be a great addition when the range expands a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Does anyone know Tesco opening in moutview?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭bkeane

4th April is what I heard, staff started training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Tesco Moutview has opened!

Nice lay out ,

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Must pay a visit soon. It'll do far better than Iceland ever did I'd say. Tesco was always underrepresented in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

I didn't know where to throw this so just a head's up. The small car park directly across from Browne's Steakhouse has closed down. The one at the back of the Black Wolf is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭danfrancisco83

I called in for a nosey a few days ago, it's grim. It was late enough, I was just going to get a couple of cans, but they don't sell beer, so just got milk and went to the pub next door for cans. Electric bike/scooter scrotes hanging around at the door, the worst self service machines you've ever used, manned by a girl with a face like a wet weekend.

I'm not living in the immediate area, just in to have a nosey around, I can see that it's handy for locals though.

Post edited by danfrancisco83 on

I've been in a couple of times as I pass it on the way home from work, and it's grand. You're not going to be doing your full weekly shop there, but if you need a couple of things it's decently stocked and prices seem in line with Tesco in Roselawn. Didn't have any issues with the self service machines, which meant I didn't need to interact with the staff, so I'm unable to attest to the general level of grumpiness and/or disinterest. I was there in the afternoon, so there wasn't really much by way of feral youths hanging around, but I could see how that would be off-putting later in the evening. Overall I think it's a good addition to the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Planning was requested to extend the temporary car park for a further 3 years and to reorientation it and put proper spaces into it.

It was refused at Planning.
    Planning Ref: FW23A/0159

" the proposed development is not considered to be an efficient sustainable use of town centred zoned lands."

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Is this the wasteland, fenced-in area that has been empty for decades? And a car park wasn't good enough for it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The council are absolutely correct on this. By refusing planning permission for a car park, the land is now derelict.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/buildings-and-structures/derelict-sites/

That piece of land can now be entered on the derelict sites register and the owner will have to pay an annual levy of 7% of the market value to the council. So instead of making money for the owner through a car park, the site will be a financial drag and there will be a very strong incentive to develop the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Its way too expensive - €3 for a slice of Banana bread and €3.50 for a pastry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Wow that's crazy, is that to eat in store with a beverage if that's a service they provide (unlikely I'm guessing). What price is the whole banana cake so or what are they for a standard sized loaf of bread can you remember?

Haven't been yet as it's been ages since I was in Tesco despite it being a regular haunt previously. All very nice having a fancy bakery with scones, pastries and sweet breads but they have to get the staple right and offer better quality bread for a similar if not better price than available in the supermarkets. It's what the French boulangeries do so well although wholemeal/brown bread varieties not as common there.

For comparison there is a shop down in Mouthrath that has an old school type bakery instore, a large loaf topped with poppy seeds is a very reasonable €2.75, quite dense and filling and very tasty.

Their prices are fairly much in line with other small bakeries like No Messin', Elliot's or Russell Street Bakery. As long as the quality is as good as those, then I've no problem paying it. My one complaint about Brown Bag is their very poor allergy labelling. I've a mild nut allergy, but there's no mention of there being nuts in their babkas, it just says chocolate babka on the label, so you have to ask about each product before you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Don't really see a problem with that pricing.

Here's one for you. Two scones delivered by drone. €9.59

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I've heard people complain that that bakery is too often sold out of stock early in the day?

• Advertisement

Yeah, my wife was there just after 11 this morning and all that was left was a few pastries and some bread. I don't know if they're at full capacity yet, but if not there's definitely scope for them to up production.

Advertisement