Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Apparently the post office in Ashtown Grove (Dublin 7) is moving to Rathborne Village (Dublin 15).

I wonder if this would affect their business as it tends to be older people who use post offices the most and that area seems to be mostly apartments with a younger demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Having had P4F several years back in town and being very impressed, I had to try it again in Ongar.

Delighted to see it open and out the door busy last weekend when I went and full of many nationalities, clearly it hits the spot for most. I thought the it was a little a disappointing, but that probably just comes down to personal taste, but that probably comes down to personal taste. They do take card, so maybe the poster above faced a temporary problem they were having with cards. Definitely pricey, I think 19e for a kebab and fries.

Kebab was very greasy but it had great flavours but needed more sauce. When I try it again, I'll just ask for extra sauce - I think the Tomato/Chili sauce tastes great. Wish them all the success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

Tuesday 6th June @12. Free kebab for the 1st 20, 5er kebabs for the day then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

The burger place in ongar didn't seem to last long thought they were nice enough but pricey enough for a takeaway .Not sure we need another pizza place though with two if you include Dunnes who seem to sell a fair amount of them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Technically you will now have 4 as Romayos, Dunnes, Dominos and now Apache all do made to order takeaway pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

McCabes pharmacy chain taking over Stanley's pharmacy in Mountview according to todays Sunday Independent.

Also, the new 4 storey apartment block half way down the road to Hansfield train station before the park has planning permission submitted for a medical centre and pharmacy on the ground floor. 2 other retail units will be available there too. That'll take the pressure off Hickeys and Meridian clinic in Ongar.

Finally, Apache Pizza in Ongar now open.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It will if they can find qualified GPs and practice nurses to staff it.

FW23A/0235

Supervalu will be occupying the supermarket to be built half way down Station Road in Hansfield subject to planning permission. Fingal planning reference above from council website. Supervalu logo was discreetly shown in the elevations document of the associated files but Musgraves which operate Supervalu and Centra are the applicant.

As a nearby resident, I'd actually have preferred a decent Tesco as D15 is sorely lacking one apart from the neglected and dated Roselawn. Supervalu are good and have nice deli/fresh produce but are a bit on the pricey side. Still, it's a decent addition to the choice in the area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Pity, they are expensive.

I've never found SuperValu to be expensive, but maybe that's because I keep getting €10 off €50 vouchers every week!

Speaking of which, does anyone know what is planned for the SuperValu in Blanch? Seems like a lot of internal works going on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭danfrancisco83

I'm guessing that the 'supermarket with delivery' that's planned for the M3 Parkway location will be a Tesco. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Supervalu Blanch.

FW23A/0152, FW23A/0222, FW23A/0236

Looks like they want to add a canopy to the west side for people walking on the footpath.

In addition they want to bring the entrance of the store out, creating a new entrance that would be flush with the wall for the cafe. this is beside the old entrance. They also want to close off the rear delivery doors as they will be placing click and collect spots here.

Also to remove the ATM and the trolley bay at the corner and build out that corner to hold a dry recycling room.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

It seems like they're doing wholesale changes inside as well with new shelving etc. Hopefully it means a greater selection of groceries.

Seems odd that there is big money going to be spent on it, it wasn't long before Covid that it had a pretty substantial internal revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Was in SuperValue this evening and big work alright, a lot of work vans out back and probably 20 on the floor mainly working on overhead wiring. The woman at the checkout said the place wouldn't be finished until the middle of Nov. Had to ask her to repeat that as I couldn't believe it would be disrupted for that long but she said they were going ripping up the floor and everything.

Hopefully it'll kick start Tesco into doing something with Roselawn, for an area the size of D15 it really needs a Liffey Valley, Cabra style store with ground floor parking and the shop above. They could build a big shop above the existing car park and demolish/repurpose the existing premises once the transition had been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Clonsilla Family Practice

Relatively recently opened. My wife visits this place and someone new to the area asked about a doctor so I suggested it as I know that they are/were taking on patients.

New patient registration is online and they post their fees online as well, as opposed to other GP`s.

They do have a problem with the website certificate, but it's easily fixed.

Hard to keep up but Lams Asian Cuisine and Eskimo Pizza are now in the ever changing unit opposite Romayos in Ongar. A Taste of India is in the adjacent unit.

Ongar must have the highest amount of junk food takeaways per capita in Ireland now.

Romayos, Apache, Dominos, Chef Chinese, Lams Chinese, Eskimo Pizza, Passion For Food, Taste of India....

• Advertisement

Junk street, junk food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Those units must be cursed, nothing lasts there:( They'll probably both be gone within two years. I think Shangri-La lasted the longest, I may be open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Looks like Tesco express is getting ready , to open sometime in the New Year. Formly know Iceland in Mountview Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A planning application for the place was submitted on 1st December:

"The development will consist of the provision of an ancillary off-licence sales area of c.77.76 sq.m in the ground floor retail unit."

https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/96542

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is Castello Bruno closed? Went to get a voucher yesterday and shutters were down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, bit of a long messy story there unfortunately.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Browne's was going the same way I heard in Kerry a few weeks ago and that was before last night!

Hardly surprising, both the same outfit.

And also, at some stage, the Twin Oaks Bar and Acorn Café in Castleknock, though I'm not sure if they are still under that umbrella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well? Care to fill us in. Still open from what I’ve been told

Advertisement