Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone sign up via Kenya?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

For Nigeria?

I just pressed the back button on my browser and clicked make payment again for a 2nd time and SMS confirmation page was bypassed and payment confirmed was received in NGN for Nigeria Netflix.

I had VPN on throughout the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Got it working, GRMA to the person who mentioned Nigeria.

This is what I did incase it'll help anyone.

Did this all on my phone and it took 2mins. Downloaded Nigerian VPN called... VPN Nigeria. With VPN on, signed into account, entered AIB Visa details, the first time it gave an error, then I tried again and it worked. There was already a verified Irish number on my account so there was nothing to verify.

Happy days!

Just curious how much people have been charged with AIB? 5k Naira is €2.92 and I was charged exactly €2.92, do AIB just add their fees later?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Got it working via Nigeria using Keep Solid VPN, AIB card.

went to the trouble of getting a number via sms-man, but no verification required.

Many thanks to the person who found it😊

Less than €3 PM, what a steal, feels like the Turkish plan was a rip off😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I am just finished "watching" a few episodes on Nigerian VPN

No idea if it'll help but worth trying 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

AIB charge their fees quarterly. Foreign exchange fee is 45c or 1.75% of Euro value, whichever is higher.

I think all the banks charge the fee at a later stage but it won't be much.

Wonder how long all these accounts will last this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who paid with AIB, had the payment been processed yet? Still showing as pending for me. Usually done within a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭furiousox

Turkey still working for me tonight.

I've been using gift cards from day one, maybe that's the reason it's still active?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Gift card for me too. I've been doing it this way for a few years now and never had any issues. Still going strong and enough credit added to last another 18 months.

Not as cheap as Nigeria but I'm thinking more reliable in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I think it's the safest with vouchers ive reactivated my Turkish account and stuck a month of vouchers on it. Hopefully it does t get shutdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Sound, thanks. I'm not worried about the fees because even if it was €1 it'd still be €17 less per month than what we'd pay in Éire! I was just curious because it showed up as €2.92 as if it was an EUR transaction nd not "5000 Naira @ €1=xxx + FX fee" or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

Once the payment changes from "Pending", the fee will be added. Mine was €7.25 originally, but it's now €7.70, and the payment is now "VDP-NETFLIX 649.00 INR@85.517241 INCL FX FEE E0.45". At least it's taken now, not adding to the already large quarterly fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Kenya had logged me out this morning and ask me to restart membership even though I signed up a few days ago. Used vpn and re signed up and it's working again. Just checked bank and it charged me for a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

After the Turkish one was cancelled I went with India and this morning it was cancelled too, the annoying part is that I'm just getting a flight so won't have anything to watch on it. Looks like they have finally cracked down on this, I definitely won't be signing up at the Irish prices anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Looks like Nigeria is gone already? Same for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭bromley52

My India account is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Nigeria gone as of 7.30 am.Feck off.Im not paying 20€.Time for z2u

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭This is it

India gone

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

fecks, my india account gone too. and i hadn't even used it!!!

edit: i moved my existing account (turkey sub) , wasn't a new one.

Post edited by whosedaddy? on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thats that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

might try Nigeria as it's dirt cheap atm and cancel straight away. maybe they dont monitor cancelled accounts. and repeat..

otherwise, just done with NF.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭muloc

Are the newly cancelled ones where people were using the original email addresses from their Turkish accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭This is it

No, mine was a new account. Left the Turkish one, might try vouchers with that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

EDITING

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Mine is still working OK. Set up a new account on 24th Feb - new email address and new card.

I've been streaming daily on Firesticks but have done all streaming using Nigerian VPN (VPN unlimited)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Checked there and my India Netflix is gone. Restarted it on Feb 24th after my Turkey one stopped working. Looks like this "deal" is over for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

You always knew this would happen, didn't ye 😉

Nigeria gone and I streamed via Nigeria VPN last night so that didn't help 😫

Are we saying Turkey via gift cards is the last remaining hope for (cheap Netflix) humanity ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Euro zone payment card in non euro country = cancellation.

Gift card payment or cheaper euro zone subs are the way to go unless you have a debit card from the country you're subscribed too.

I can't see them cracking down on Irish cards used in cheaper euro zones because EU law states all euro zone banks and cards can be used without restriction in the europe.

Advertisement