Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Lounge- Which would you recommend?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭pureza

I'd go to pre clearance straight away to be honest

If you're turned away,you're turned away,it's unlikely

Bear in mind too,51st and green is a good long walk away from the gates down there depending on which one your flight uses,its at the furthest point away from where you enter the pre clearance zone past U.S immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I suppose it depends on entry to pre-clearance would the gates scanning your boarding pass prevent from you from getting through there well in advance of the instructed time to arrive? I can see today for the three 12.15pm US flights all were called to go pre-clearance at 10:15am so if you got stuck for 30-60 minutes pre-clearing 51st & Green wouldn't be worth it

No issue going down to pre clearance earlier than that if its open in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Can you do preclearance and then go to 51st and green? or once your through preclearance is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

They are doing this in Shannon as well. Calling u at 12 for pre clearance and the flight isnt until 2.

Seems like a waste of time in SNN at the moment. Theres not much after u go through CBP there. Also its just EI flights to JFK/BOS so not much people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's because they want the flight boarded and ready to push 20-30 minutes before scheduled departure time.

Personally I just post up at the coffee/bar kiosk post CBP in SNN and sip on a pint or two & board last.

Little trickier timing it in DUB since your gate could be up to 15 minute walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

That’s what we did. The cafe at Gate 8/108 is handy. To be fair good apron views for the spotters like me down at the gate area two 😅

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Will be in East lounge Thursday afternoon (2-4), does anyone know if they have hot food there at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Will be in T1 lounge this Tuesday morning around 6am. First time to use one of the airport lounges. Hope there is brekkie on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I was there a few months ago a couple of hours later, there was no hot food, selection of pastries and maybe some sandwiches, we went for a breakfast in the Airport before hand it it was the right call for us.

There should have been a breakfast at that time 6am to 11am,in the area to the right of the reception as you come in,keep walking and its by the wall as you turn right the second time,maybe you turned left unaware of the section to the right?

I've been in a few times as early as that this year and it consisted of a buffet of rashers,sausages,scrambled egg and hash browns on an all you could eat basis

It's only untill around 11am though after which it changes to a stew or something similar

The breakfast is one of the better offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Morning guys and gals. Here in T1 lounge now. Can confirm full hot breakfast on offer, rashers sausage ,egg plus scrambled beans potato farls etc..pastries juices all near the check in desk..lounge divided into two sides. otherside away from check in desk is where alcohol is served..pastries there but no hot food on that side of lounge..hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Had a fairly decent hot buffet breakfast in 51st and Green yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is the East Lounge okay to work from? Flying in a couple of weeks and will need to work an afternoon from the airport to avoid using up vacation time (7pm flight and don't want to stress of trying to get to the airport in peak time traffic straight after work). I used to work from the Aer Lingus Lounge when I had silver tier and that was fine. Tried working from the standard T1 lounge before and that was a disaster, loud music and kids running everywhere.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

It'll be more serene than the T1 DAA lounge with low level music and I'd work there yes

Its going to be busy around the time the middle east pax get in

Its pricey unless you're flying EY,QR or Emirates business class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is there hot food served in the Aer Lingus lounge? Only ever used the DAA lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

There was the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. They've stepped it up a bit lately and have prepacked sandwiches and humous, little chickpea salads etc also that the other lounges have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Had a hot beef stew last time I was in the EI lounge in the afternoon

• Advertisement

I'll just leave this here in case its of any use to anyone,20% off

That would be particularily usefull for anyone that hasn't been to the East lounge yet if it's included

Post edited by pureza on

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

”19% off The East Lounge between 15:00-19:00” apparently… better than nothing if the times work for you

Advertisement