Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Lounge- Which would you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Slightly off topic, but flying EI through T2 obviously but prefer the T1 lounge.

Is it possible to enter through T1 security with an EI boarding pass?

Would just be a bit handier than going through T2 & walking over to T1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I think that as long as you’re not checking any bags, you can pass through security in either terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

The east lounge is €29 in the afternoons. We went there on Tuesday last and luckily there was still hot buffet breakfast available at 2:30pm but when we were leaving at 4:30pm it seemed to be finished and pastries put in its place. Worth it at €29 but not at the full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Not sure that would be compliant with Ireland’s anti-smoking laws - the indoor space would have to be a workplace for cleaners etc and this can’t be a smoking area?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would have to be somewhere with an 'outdoor' section (some of what pubs are let away with is farcical)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'll be flying early tomorrow and will use the Far East lounge. I'll report back here on my findings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Good food service here this Saturday morning in the East Lounge. 4 trays of hot buffet breakfast, full bar service with a barista too. Some breads and scones and cereals. Not a huge space, but comfortable surroundings. Pleasantly Surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

The T 1 lounge does serve hot food in the right hand section

Bacon ,scrambled egg and sausages in the morning to about 1030

Stew after that and soup

There are also decent sandwiches

The bar will serve you a G&T,A proper pint of Guinness, A baileys ,whiskeys,wine etc

If you have revolut ultra,you will get in for free via their dragon pass Affiliate,the bar code is in the app

Some business class flights have no access to the T1 lounge,SAS and TAP for example

The east lounge will serve hot meals from a buffet and has a nicer ambience,it also has great apron views,the T1 lounge has none

The T 1 lounge has nice background music playing lately,it's copied the East lounge in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Presuming the 51st&Green lounge still not worth it? Flying out to the US in April so toying with it as it's after pre-clearance.

But reading about the extent of snacks is soup and sambos? Bit grim!

What about drinks? Bottles of beer and small measures of cheap spirits?

Doesn't really sound worth like €40 but given you'll be paying close to a tenner in airport bars for a drink, I'm torn but even worth it for a couple of bottles of beer and comfy seat to kill time?

• Advertisement

There's a draft Guinness tap and plenty spirits

There's also rashers sausages, hash browns beans etc at breakfast time

A lot of salad cold cuts and Stew at lunchtime

A large variety of cakes and biscuits,a Barista at the bar and they'll mix cocktails for you

A lot of pluses in there and a good apron view

Ah, that's better than expected. Read a lot of negativity about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Will you consume 40 euro worth of food and drink? Probably not even close.

But it's a much more pleasant way to kill an hour than the other bar options after pre-clearance which can get really busy, particularly in the mornings.

It's not the worst way to spend your money.

Having eaten in The Happy Pear while it was in the airport, 40 euro wouldn't have gotten you far! 😀

It's as much for the comfort, but the few drinks and a bit of grub probably won't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭cson

I still haven't forgiven them for getting rid of the Tayto in 51&G.

I'm sure its a case of 'we can't have nice things' & someone loading up a suitcase with them, but still. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Classic21

There was a sign on the bar in 51&G on Sunday stating only two alcoholic drinks per passenger.

Both lounges are poor when you see what’s on offer elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Seems like Dublin has been removed from Revolut as lounge pass? Used to be 24€ for a pass which was great value in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭cson

Think that's always been the rule but I've never seen them enforce it. Never seen anyone rowdy in there in any case, flights are too early in the day for it to be kicking off. Going back to Ireland from the US though is a different story... I've been in a few party lounges in my time!

But yeah overall its pretty mediocre compared to whats on offer for J passengers out of other European hubs (made-to-order dim sum in Cathay in LHR, complimentary facials in AF in CDG for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Be pleasant and courteous and you’ll be able to have more than two drinks. Also keep an eye on the personnel, if they change. I’ve had 4 alcoholic drinks in 51 and G before waiting on the Seattle which was one of the last ones off when I did it.

• Advertisement

Not on mine.. do you need Premium account or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I have premium and it's not showing up for me either.

Mine is ultra,which is unlimited ,maybe thats the difference and its definitely on it plus you can buy a guest access at €24 when you click through

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I'm off to the US in 3 weeks. Not sure if its worth paying entry for 2 of us. Its and mid-day flight so post-CBP could still be manic at 11am.

I'll let herself decide! She can get the blame if its bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

4pm flight from T1 next month, just looked, T1 lounge €35 and East €42. I'm a lounge fan but struggling to justify either of those prices. Travelling solo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

You can get a free DragonPass membership with Regus. It's £24 a visit. It used to be £19 but £24 will still save you money in the vast majority of lounges. The T1 and T2 lounges are included at Dublin.

https://www.premium-flights.com/tutorial-free-dragonpass-membership/

Dragonpass unlimited is what Revolut ultra gives you

Free entry

Guests are €24

It doesn't cover the East or 51st and green

Just T1 and T2's DAA lounges but covers at least one free in most airports

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

40 quid in an airport is basically 4 drinks, or maybe 2 plus some food.

Easily doable if you are there for an hour or 90 mins. Any restriction on "alcoholic drinks" if there is no hot food does make that value proposition a bit harder to achieve. 20 Euro worth of snacks might not be good for you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭user302243

That's only if you'd be spending that anyway. I get the daa lounges for free, T1 is grand especially now with the hot food. T2 lounge is a disgrace. Been to the East lounge a few times and it's grand, nowhere near as good as when it was the Etihad lounge.

Lounges as a whole in Dublin are very poor. I personally wouldn't be spending €30 for any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I have question on 51st & Green and pre-clearance entry times. My flight is on a Sunday at the midday peak for US departures so I was thinking about purchasing 51st & Green and arriving at pre-clearance around 8.30-9am in advance of the likely peak preclearance queues around 10am to make use and give myself a couple of hours in the lounge before boarding

Preclearance FAQs on DUB website indicate depending on your flight departure time that you are instructed not to arrive at pre-clearance until a specified time and screenshot examples they show it seems to vary like 2 hours to 2.5 hours before your flight, is that enforced at pre-clearance? I wouldn't want spend €41 and then due to lengthy preclearance queues at peak period only get less than an hour in the lounge before I have to go board my flight

Advertisement