Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temu (Ireland) CHAT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JustPeachy

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have arrived in Ireland yet, waiting for a flight 🙁. My first time ordering with them, does the status get updated quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭con747

I ordered something else the same night as the one being delivered today and it only left on a flight yesterday so it will be be monday or tuesday getting to me at the earliest.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Iv a few parcels coming . One arrived at airport awaiting flight on the 6th , still awaiting flight . Other arrived waiting flight on the 7th and landed in Dublin yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

How do these compare to Amazon generally?

I got sick of the high failure rates and false descriptions on Amazon, but the final straw was the need for a mobile phone to log in.

Amazon don't seem to be aware that in a lot of Ireland and Britain, mobile phone signals are a bit like William Bunters postal order.

Amazons solution? Complain to the mobile phone company.

Where do they dig up these people?

Can Temu be ordered from without a mobile?

How are they generally on product description accuracy?

Are returns simple, Amazon used to send a prepaid label via PDF, but I guess they thought getting the punter to pay more cash out would reduce the return rate.

I never give a mobile contact number for that very reason. You don't need a mobile number, I only order from Pc. Description is generally good and sizes the same in clothes. They usually let you keep a wrong or faulty item if under a certain value and let you have 1 item per order you don't need to return if something is wrong.

Returns are free post, if an order is delivered after the estimated date you receive €5 credit. If you keep track of past orders in the previous 30 days if the item reduced in price you can ask and receive the price difference. If you type on the chat option minimum spend it should let you order anything without a minimum spend as well. So far I stopped buying cheap stuff from Amazon and other Chinese companies since they started here really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Can't you turn off the 2 stage authentication on Amazon? I have never enabled it, it's still optional.

Many thanks, I'll give them a go.

I always like supporting home industries but the one thing that is good about web purchases is that you know what you pay up front. There's none of this phone for price garbage and "mention me to them" nonsense that seems the norm for some companies here.

Amazon have definitely outlived their usefulness, what was once seen as an advantage of purchase the simple no fuss click and order is gone and was not that good anyway when a good percentage of the time if the item was on display in a store, it simply would not be purchased. Sometimes Amazons photo and description can be as deceiving as a food photo on a restaurant menu :-)

Not according to the IT bloke.

The first one said all I had to do was remove my [English] mobile number and it would default to email verification. The trouble was they could not do it, I had to and I was given access to their site and logged in without a problem.

When I tried to remove my mobile phone the obvious happened and it sent a number to the mobile I was trying to remove.

It was either an old one of mine or an employers. I have had dozens over the years but refuse to pay for a service I need to go on a hike to use these days anyway.

I'm getting used to the problem. People that use facebook as a trading website are a pain, I have to sign up to a new email address, make up a pile of fiction that bears no relationship to a previous account, sign in and four days later the mobile is requested for verification, so another new account is needed for the next inquiry.

Sims in the UK were two a penny, if you have a signal I cannot see the value for security. My UK bank uses my landline which never changes!

I notice a scam in the US is to duplicate numbers, people nominate other peoples and get the number transferred to themselves with no security at all.

It makes a sick joke out of a so called security system that has it's only value as being a popular medium for those that walk round totally dependent on and looking like they are going to need a surgical procedure for removal of their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭quickdraw2

THEFT ALERT!

OK so a charge appeared on my TEMU account Just under 12 euros, I didn't notice it but a month later a charge for the same amount was taken from my bank as a recurring payment.

I had not bought anything or subscribed to anything from TEMU, I stopped the payment and immediately closed my TEMU account.

I suggest you look carefully at what TEMU is taking from you.

If TEMU can charge every account about 12 euros per month, and with their multi-million account holders worldwide, that's a lot of money they could be stealing!

Has anyone else noticed charges like this being taken by TEMU from their banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I always use Google Pay so...

I wouldn't jump at it being Temu, tumultuous ways your card details could have been leaked

• Advertisement

Only use a service like PayPal and you can rest easy. Why is your bank card registered if you never used Temu? Did you get on to C/S to find out why the money was to be taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭quickdraw2

Ive bought quite a lot from TEMU and have set up to pay by revolut with a card setup specially to buy online with very limited funds available to protect from being scammed.

Many people wouldn't notice small charges being taken frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why don't you have online payments disabled? Or was it a recurring payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I use Apple Pay or PayPal and have no card details saved with temu, lots of small refunds coming in from price adjustments so all good my side

card details could be taken anywhere and used on temu 🤷‍♂️

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

First 2 orders with TEMU - the one ordered first still has not arrived, the second arrived but had an item missing.

Sure they gave me a fiver credit for being late with first order but if you need €15 worth of crappy stuff to be able to order, it just means more revenue to them. The item missing was a very low value item I didn't really need (only to get to the the €15 minimum order) - so decided I won't bother complaining about it. Will probably simply not order from them again, unless there is a really good reason.

Not impressed to say the least.

if you go to chat and type remove shipping restrictions then you wont need a minimum order to get free shipping, if you tell them the item is missing thy will refund you the cost of it. I find the customer service to be very good so far and any issues ive had get resolved, some packages get held up but the same can be said for anything coming from china

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MallowMan17

I ordered 6 Temu orders, and 1 Ali, all Temu delivered, Ali still in outer space for 2 months. I do compare Temu and Amazon though as Amazon can be cheaper sometimes

oder cost €12 and seems to be lost witb fastway so I got €21 back between price adjustments delayed payment of €5 and then a full refund and 20% off my next order.

its amazing how they make money

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭user302243

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭geographica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭user302243

Ah sure it's a proud Irish company

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ECookie13

I passed their headquarters in Naas there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Every startup is burning money, go google when Amazon made first profit :)

In saying the above, I have already seen some adjustments they made to burn less money:

1. Delivery times for €5 back extended by 10 days since I used them first time
    2. Price adjustment are now allowed only once, it was unlimited (within 30 days) when I started using them
    3. Dispatch times are slower/manipulated, we don't know when item ACTUALLY left the distribution center
    4. They don't give out discounts and vouchers as they used to do 2,3,6 months ago

All of the above shows that investors want them to burn less money, that might get them to first profit in 5-6 years and then someone like Aliexpress or Amazon will buy them and investors will get HUGE exit.

I’m getting numerous price adjustments on my items, and vouchers are easily available via chat if you just ask

this article is quite good at explaining the business model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Order held at Fastway for customs review since 28th January.

Literally the worst company in Ireland. And I say that as someone who has been with Eir before.

An update on this, 1 of the orders that where lost last month that I received a full refund for and the late delivery fee is now supposedly out for delivery on Tuesday with Fastway 7 weeks after ordering and nearly 6 weeks after it entered customs clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Similar here, two parcels stuck in customs since Jan 10th (and since refunded) have now made it into fast ways system.

• Advertisement

I'm getting it only once per item, used to be unlimited when they started

Advertisement