Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temu (Ireland) CHAT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

All the time yeah. Great quality stuff in general, can't vouch for electronics though.

They've adopted the Temu minimum order crack lately and then send the bloody things separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

Check all reviews and orders look accurate, only buy off the higher rated sellers. A lot of sellers are scammers and sell sh1te. A recent thread here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058256879/aliexpress/p3 I used them a lot in the past and if you check out the sellers you should be ok.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭jj880

Put in a 70 euro order 5 weeks ago. Arrived 2 weeks later no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Have used them , didn't have any problems but long delivery wait time, anything from 3 to 6 weeks. (AliExpress)

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭jj880

Actually this reminded me as it was 1 x 70 euro item I ordered I was offered free "priority" postage. Maybe this is why mine arrived in 2 weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Got the below from Fastway. First time that's happened me.

Unfortunately your item has been returned to sender, this was due to the electronic customs declaration made by the retailer / sender or their agent was insufficient or invalid. Items received into Ireland from outside the EU without this information cannot be electronically customs cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I thought they shipped via a place in Europe to avoid customs no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

You have to buy minimum of 20€ to get free shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Go into the customer support chat and type "remove limit" without the commas as previously posted in the thread. And the bot should give you the option of removing it, you have to tap on confirm.

I did it last night and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

They've stopped offering me returnless refunds too now. Was handy to not have to go to the post office but not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ECookie13

I'm assuming they base this on excessive returns, as its still working for me, but I rarely do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Carley353

🗑️

Post edited by Carley353 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Minimum order up to 25 for me this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Go into the customer support chat and type "remove limit" without the commas as previously posted in the thread. And the bot should give you the option of removing it,tap on confirm.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭j_lennon18

The minimum order is gone up to 30e for me. When I did that to the bot, I then got a real person replying asking if I could add more items to the cart and I never replied so I'm still stuck with 30e. I don't have anything I need from them right now so i might ask again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i'm still getting free delivery on any amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

The first item of my first order packed in yesterday.

I bought five HTC-1 temp/ humidity meters at just over three euro, I have bought these from Amazon at around £8-00 each last year, but just over three euro from Temu.

These are identical in looks and the software seems the same in whatever does the recording/ processing.

They are thinner and lighter though and I noticed a lot of segments missing on the display in one I had in the greenhouse.

I have never had a failure before, even those going to extremes of temperature and humidity have recovered when I took them into the living room, they even had the readings in memory even though the display blacks out at around 50C.

The Temu device was simply a problem due to loss of contact to the LCD, it works after re securing the board, but the flimsy case is no doubt a lot to do with the fault.

It seems you do get what you pay for!

I looked at heaters on the site, I need a self contained low power "safe" mains unit. Most of the stuff on offer after a search dug up everything related to heaters just could not work. The laws of physics suggest a USB powered heater is about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot, but they abound on the site along with equally impractical heaters.

Oh well it looks like I might have no choice but to work around Amazon security in my dodgy phone area.

AIB cannot verify my SIM it seems after about twenty calls and waiting 24 or 48 hours :-)

Quite a huge number of hours actually as it was near on a year ago I set the mobile banking password :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,412 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Earbuds €3.36

Chopper/Grinder 250ml €2.34 the others are €8+

Sports t-shirt various colours €2.29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Out of curiosity why are you not posting these in the no chat thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Think people have forgotten about it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭thesandeman

At least we can discuss quality etc if we need to when they are posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Anyone else notice that the product reviews now have Irish ones first? Not sorted by date, best, worst, just nationality first

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Yep, noticed that recently. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

Maybe we should all end our reviews with "boards" so we know they're real.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Great idea! I would be very doubtful that reviews there are genuine. I've bought 2 things that were utter junk - an umbrella and bookmarks, and both received rave reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭user302243

I've also seen a review saying they'd give it a 5 stars of it was the size shown in the photo, but since it's so small only 3 stars. Yet the review was marked 5 stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Delivery coming tomorrow and I got tracking from anpost in advance which is unusual

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement