Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temu (Ireland) CHAT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The 20% off on request and re-instatement of expired coupons - is that by asking the chat bot?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

Has anyone any recommendation of interdental brushes from temu?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just works great post. Kept saying 20% code please and 4th response was ok has been applied please check my account

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dandelion Print Crew Neck T-Shirt, Casual Long Sleeve T-Shirt For Spring & Fall, Women's Clothing

€3.58

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Knight

Just on the customer service thing.

This approach is likely short term. Temu are undoubtedly losing money but it's what many growth companies do to gain market share. Then when they've weakened their competition, they look to make profit.

With their sister company they used the platform to sell advertisement space which could happen here. Their main aim now seems to be making the app addictive and spamming users with pop up alerts and emails about offers which obviously we can turn off but not everyone does.

the refunds we receive might not come from temu and could be taken from the actual seller of the product

I was quite confused when it said "unlimited" orders on all deliveries but when I went to order it said I needed 10 euro min spend.

I went onto chat and they said it's to reduce waste/cost etc. but they said this restriction can be removed. So I typed, remove restriction, and it allows me free delivery on anything.

Bought something for 2 euro and delivery free. No way it can be profitable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I think they get very favourable rates based on weight. It costs them practically nothing to post a single item.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There's an international postage treaty or something for developing countries that China is classed as.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭user302243

There is the treaty but that's not overly relevant for Temu as Temus main selling point is fast delivery which they do by partnering with private logistic.

There is no doubt Temu is losing money on the vast majority if not all orders.

Post edited by user302243 on

Temu is officially incorporated in Delaware and headquartered in Boston, although it is owned by the global commerce group PDD HoldingsPDD +2.5%, which was founded by 43-year-old Chinese billionaire Colin Huang. It is the sister site to domestic e-commerce platform Pinduoduo and their joint parent, PDD Holdings, was founded in 2015 and relocated its headquarters to Dublin, Ireland in 2023.

At the end of last year, PDD Holding's market capitalization surpassed fellow Chinese giant Alibaba’s to make PDD the most valuable U.S.-listed Chinese company. That reportedly made Huang the second-richest man in China, although the company’s stock price has dipped and is off 10% in the year-to-date.

Temu sells a wide range of products directly from Chinese sellers at ultra-low prices, made even lower through lightning deals and sales, at up to 99% off. Temu’s model relies on keeping costs rock bottom by connecting consumers directly with suppliers, handling only the customer shipping.This, along with leveraging low cost manufacturing and cheap labour in China, helps to keep operational costs, and therefore product prices, super low.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Is there any warranty with items bought from Temu? Had something fail today that I have for over the 90 days and there seems to be no mention or mechanism for a return on something that’s had an issue outside of 90 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭con747

Get on to c/s but I don't think Temu offer warranties I would imagine you will have to either go through the seller or manufacturer for any warranty but I'm not 100% on that.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Thanks, I guess I mean the sellers alright rather than Temu itself but will try cs anyway to begin with. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got a replacement firestick remote today. €6. Works great, even has the buttons for netflix, Disney and prime on it.

Great if you have kids that constantly lose them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Min order just jumped to 20 euro.. everyone else have that change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

yep mine is at 20 euro minimum, i wouldn't be bothered buying less than that at a time so it doesn't bother me, but talking to the bot/CS agent seems to work to remove order minimum as per this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

Personally I've no issue with a min order amount for free shipping if it helps keep their stuff cheap and deter wasteful multiple orders/deliveries.

Anyway, as said numerous times in the thread, it's easily removed if you're really bothered by it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Suzuki_Dale

ordered 14th arrived this morning.

I bought one of those clingfilm dispensers, I did actually measure or thought I had but it didn't work. I got an instant refund. You can't beat the service but really I'm going to avoid ordering again, the stuff is just rubbish

I ordered 50 quid worth of stuff that arrived today.

It's more an addiction of buying and waiting for stuff to arrive. Pure waste of money really.

The only thing that might be ok is one of those magnetic phone holders with the suction cup for car. Seems to be similar to one I got on amazon for 20 quid. Think the temu one was 8 euro so pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭SourSessions

€20 minimum has been reinforced on my account and no getting rid of it this time. This will drastically reduce the number of orders I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭user302243

I'd imagine it will be reinstated for a lot of us and likely move to a slower shipping as they've done in other regions.

Latest estimates is they're losing $30 per order as they're subsidising the most expensive part of the process for market share for it's just not sustainable. PDD China operations are very profitable and bankrolling the international expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭SourSessions

It was good while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Has anyone used Aliexpress?

I need some parts for Chinese LED drivers also some larger high current components.

The range and price is unbelievable, it really does seem to be too good to be true.

Is it worth risking a forty Euro order?

Advertisement