Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

shes teaming with joey ryan for wrestle revolver in a tag match v colt cabana and marty derosa. jordans match not announced yet but hes confirmed to be there im looking forward to seeing them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, I just saw that OTT is running the night after WWE with Scrappermania.

While I enjoyed OTT, I can't afford, on different levels, the two back to back :/ I guess they want to capitalise on people being on a wrestling buzz, and given its Raw the night before, they'll be teasing a Finn appearance, but two nights on the trot would be too much for me.

Best of lucky to those after tickets this morning though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a ticket for Scrappermania, heading with a few friends so it should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Brilliant tickets sorted Block B, and meet and greet purchased too. Perhaps we might have a new name announced next couple of days? :DDDD

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2 tickets booked for myself and my girlfriend. All the ringside seats seem to be booked out already, but the view in the stalls is always grand. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, I just saw that OTT is running the night after WWE with Scrappermania.

While I enjoyed OTT, I can't afford, on different levels, the two back to back :/ I guess they want to capitalise on people being on a wrestling buzz, and given its Raw the night before, they'll be teasing a Finn appearance, but two nights on the trot would be too much for me.

Best of lucky to those after tickets this morning though :)

Its more that WWE are running the night before OTT. Its been known for months that Scrapper was set for May 12th. Everyone has their own personal tastes but a half arsed house show from WWE or a supershow featuring some the best wrestlers in the world, well I know where I will be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LeeJM wrote: »
    Its more that WWE are running the night before OTT. Its been known for months that Scrapper was set for May 12th. Everyone has their own personal tastes but a half arsed house show from WWE or a supershow featuring some the best wrestlers in the world, well I know where I will be.

Hey, I 100% understand why people would choose OTT over WWE. I didn't realise there was a conflict till this morning though, and already have the WWE tickets paid for. Really looking forward to hearing what OTT do and hope everyone enjoys the show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

OTT Outer Space Oddessy tomorrow in Dublin just got cancelled. Makes sense tbh, public transport will be barely running and a lot of Ryanair flights for tomorrow are off already. I'm more bummed as I'm in walking distance (even in this weather) from the arena so was l looking forward to the trek up there as part of the event haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I see OTT are saying they are going to address the NLW title situation with the tourney....what exactly is the situation? Is Devlin not champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    I see OTT are saying they are going to address the NLW title situation with the tourney....what exactly is the situation? Is Devlin not champ?

It hasn't been call the NLW Title since the start of February. They introduced the OTT Heavyweight Championship at the last show in place of the NLW one. Either they're doing a gimmick around that a la ECW/NWA or they've got their wires crossed regarding their own branding. Where are you seeing this?

• Advertisement

Thanks Omack, so Devlin is OTT champ, the tourney for NLW champ was announced via their most recent facebook video, participants announced on March 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    Thanks Omack, so Devlin is OTT champ, the tourney for NLW champ was announced via their most recent facebook video, participants announced on March 18th.

Just seeing the (empty) bracket there now myself. Looks like it'll be a secondary/development championship as it's being associated heavily with the Contenders show.

Scotty Davis so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

@luther_ward on twitter just finished a question and answer session, decent way to kill 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

montyrebel wrote: »
    @luther_ward on twitter just finished a question and answer session, decent way to kill 5 mins

interesting points;
    • Justy was let go due to not adhering to "code of conduct"
    • Tivoli isn't going possibly until mid-2019 but they are still going to use the Suir road GAA hall for most shows it seems, pretty disappointing.
    • "I cannot keep pushing people with little work ethic, tried it many times and failed" - who do you think this was from OTT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Just came here to post that tweet about Justy, would love to know the ins and outs of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

Just came here to post that tweet about Justy, would love to know the ins and outs of what happened.

It was something to do with calling out those fans who always chanted sexist/homophobic stuff in The Tivoli. The ones that Don Marnell went off on at the 3rd anniversary show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

how did he call them out. those fans were always the same guys and honestly needed calling out on that kind of crap.

sky88 wrote: »
    how did he call them out. those fans were always the same guys and honestly needed calling out on that kind of crap.

I think it was in a tweet that is now deleted. The whole situation is pretty scummy to me and is something I definitely hold against Cabray as a person. He basically sacked someone for doing the right thing. And his actions are made even worse by the fact that he sent Marnell out to shut those fans down at the very next show. So he knew there was a problem, did nothing about it, fired the person who did try to do something and only reluctantly put his foot down when the whole situation blew up on Twitter.

SquidLad wrote: »
    It was something to do with calling out those fans who always chanted sexist/homophobic stuff in The Tivoli. The ones that Don Marnell went off on at the 3rd anniversary show.

It had nothing to do with that

• Advertisement

Not the biggest fan of women's wrestling but that Defiant show looks pretty good. If I lived in Dublin I'd go.

Fair enough, if you say so. Perhaps I assumed too much from this tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

tell us what happened then?

showpony1 wrote: »
    tell us what happened then?

Not my place to talk about it. If those involved want the story told they will tell it. Like everything in wrestling there is 3 sides to the story the OTT side, the Justy side and the truth somewhere in between. Thats not to say they won't ever work together again because I don't think there is any ill will involved in either side. Just sometimes people have a difference of opinion and the best course of action is to split

Not my place to talk about it. If those involved want the story told they will tell it. Like everything in wrestling there is 3 sides to the story the OTT side, the Justy side and the truth somewhere in between. Thats not to say they won't ever work together again because I don't think there is any ill will involved in either side. Just sometimes people have a difference of opinion and the best course of action is to split
    You can tell me Lee, nobody will know except for me and everyone I tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

To chime in...
    You don't get told you're not needed anymore for calling out some abusive fans.

He got thrown out of OTT for more than that. There is a reason beyond that.
    Look has anyone ever met the chap? The words obnoxious and loud mouthed come to mind.
    He is the type of bloke where if you are in a crowded room sitting in the corner talking to your mates you'd know he is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To chime in...
    You don't get told you're not needed anymore for calling out some abusive fans.

He got thrown out of OTT for more than that. There is a reason beyond that.
    Look has anyone ever met the chap? The words obnoxious and loud mouthed come to mind.
    He is the type of bloke where if you are in a crowded room sitting in the corner talking to your mates you'd know he is there.

I’m biting my tongue reading all this but that is totally unfair. Justy is one of an extremely select few lads I’ve met in wrestling who pretty much everyone involved in the scene knows and likes. To the point that even OTT talent with cushy gigs they don’t want to mess with have stuck their neck out for him in public saying they miss him and would like him back one day. That kinda stuff just doesn’t happen and yet it has which is a testament to the guy’s popularity among his peers, so your representation of him is just false.

The two had a falling out, a personality clash. There’s no good or bad guy here, no ‘sides’ to pick, it’s not a wrestling storyline like. It’s Joe’s promotion and he can use or not use whoever he wants. Justy took it on the chin and was pretty amicable about the whole thing despite the fact he absolutely loved that gig. That’s all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

AMA Request: Justy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

brianblaze wrote: »
    AMA Request: Justy

That might be able to be arranged, leave it with me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Why doesn't Mad Man Manson appear in OTT?

Advertisement