Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TrickyWombat

ShagNastii wrote: »
    They are back using it. I think they changed it because they are competing in feds that are streaming live. I could be wrong.

I'm glad they are using the old theme, the new one they used was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

LeeJM wrote: »
    Meh they are providing a service and I am availing of it, don't see why €2 is a deal breaker but each to their own. I just look at it as part of the cost of going to the show

And how much do the people working at the show see of that €2?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'll give ya the two euro if you're stuck brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

oneilla wrote: »
    And how much do the people working at the show see of that €2?

Well unless they are managing Eventbrite and paying all the associated costs with running a website I doubt they are seeing any of it and tbf a €2 surcharge on a website has nothing got to do with the wrestlers. Next time I buy a bottle of water at a show I must remember to ask how much of the €1 is getting split between the wrestlers on the show.

I still spend €20 buying a tshirt from Jordan or the Kings, €10 buying an 8x10 or more importantly I'll still spend another €30-€40 on a ticket/tickets to the next show regardless of how much Eventbrite will charge for using their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'm glad they are using the old theme, the new one they used was terrible.

Think the dude that wrote it for them is on here...

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll give ya the two euro if you're stuck brother.

Can I take you up on that? :)

oneilla wrote: »
    Can I take you up on that? :)

No problem. I'll meet you outside the Spar across from the Stadium. Just so I know it's you, sit on ground outside with a coffee cup and I'll pop the 2 euro right in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Watched the last OTT Belfast show earlier, very much the poor relation compared to the Dublin show the night before. It was decent enough if taken on its own merits I guess, just felt a bit "after the Lord Mayor's show"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

As a regular to the Belfast shows, we are always the after thought, the poor cousin, the ginger step child etc.

Some good matches once in a while but not on the scale that Dublin gets, some stars turn up, do Dublin then go home again, so we are very grateful for the ones that do take the time to stick around and do both shows

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

guys, hoping to go to an OTT show this year, do you've any advice on seats? Seen that February is sold out. I'd like to not be in the thick of it, but rather be able to sit and enjoy it (not struggle behind standing people etc), are there balcony seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    guys, hoping to go to an OTT show this year, do you've any advice on seats? Seen that February is sold out. I'd like to not be in the thick of it, but rather be able to sit and enjoy it (not struggle behind standing people etc), are there balcony seats?

Go to a stadium show in that case. The Tivoli is 100% “thick of it”, that’s kinda the draw, and AFAIK seats are really hard to get for it. Stadium you’ll get a seat and can hang back and just watch or be in the mix as you like. Then you can make a judgement call on if you’d like more and to go to Tivoli shows or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Josemoon

Does Irish whip wrestling still exist or what's the story with It?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

leggo wrote: »
    Go to a stadium show in that case. The Tivoli is 100% “thick of it”, that’s kinda the draw, and AFAIK seats are really hard to get for it. Stadium you’ll get a seat and can hang back and just watch or be in the mix as you like. Then you can make a judgement call on if you’d like more and to go to Tivoli shows or not.

I miss the Tivoli - hope we get one there soon. I had become accustomed to being "in the thick of it" so feel a bit withdrawn in the stadium shows when there's not the possibility of a worker flying over the barrier onto me and knocking all my drink over me.

No problem. I'll meet you outside the Spar across from the Stadium. Just so I know it's you, sit on ground outside with a coffee cup and I'll pop the 2 euro right in :)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads what's the story with 2 Unlimited and Lads from the Flats not being in OTT or did I miss something?

Lads what's the story with 2 Unlimited and Lads from the Flats not being in OTT or did I miss something?

2Unlimited are a botchamania highlight reel.

Lads from the Flats are in jail.

2Unlimited need to go learn how not to hurt themselves or their opponents during a match. The Lads well Workie retired and Paddy is on a break I think but its possible he may return.

Also would appreciate if ye could check out my review of Being the Elite http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/01/20/ott-elite-results-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I agree about the women's division. Maybe take the belt off Martina and try to build that division up. Keep the gender-neutral belt on Martina and let her have fun comedy matches with that. I looking forward to the four-way with Chuck Taylor, Angel Cruz, B-Cool & Martina for the gender-neutral belt.

Lee JM shoots hard on the Bullet Club!!!

I personally don't get the appeal/hype of Cody, I'm torn on the Young Bucks but I adore Marty Scurll.

I agree with your comments on the KOTN, the hottest property in all off OTT not named Pete Dunne. Can't wait to see them at the next show.

Haskins Vs Devlin felt very flat to me, thought the 4.25 was a bit generous. Hope Jordan gets a great reception when he comes out with the belt next

Lee JM shoots hard on the Bullet Club!!!

I personally don't get the appeal/hype of Cody, I'm torn on the Young Bucks but I adore Marty Scurll.

I agree with your comments on the KOTN, the hottest property in all off OTT not named Pete Dunne. Can't wait to see them at the next show.

Haskins Vs Devlin felt very flat to me, thought the 4.25 was a bit generous. Hope Jordan gets a great reception when he comes out with the belt next

Not about shooting, just giving my honest opinion. The crowd was tired for Devlin Haskins but I thought the in ring work was top notch and Devlin winning got a mega pop despite the show being well into its 12th hour(joke) by that stage.

KOTN are IMO one of the hottest acts in Europe rn given the connection they have with the OTT crowd and they also always without fail deliver a cracking match.

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    2Unlimited need to go learn how not to hurt themselves or their opponents during a match. The Lads well Workie retired and Paddy is on a break I think but its possible he may return.

Also would appreciate if ye could check out my review of Being the Elite http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/01/20/ott-elite-results-review/

Good review.

I agree on the women's division stuff (it doesn't need to be a comedy spot, there was a very good 4-way women's match at the White Collar show in the Hangar the night before. No comedy spots, condoms or any other messing.

I went to the toilet when Bullet Zxlub started doing their karaoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Has it been established that the gender-neutral belt is legit and not somewhat of a rib.

There was great backpatting on twitter about it ("so progressive", "well done OTT" etc etc) after the stadium show.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Has it been established that the gender-neutral belt is legit and not somewhat of a rib.

There was great backpatting on twitter about it ("so progressive", "well done OTT" etc etc) after the stadium show.

Oh no the Gender Neutral belt is very real and not at all a rib.

Just read that review, tell me LeeJM, who hurt you?

montyrebel wrote: »
    Just read that review, tell me LeeJM, who hurt you?

Go on I'll bite. What makes you think I'm hurt?

that review was more negative than positive imo, yes reviews do criticise but holy **** you burned OTT to the ground

Would you say the review was a bit over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

"While I didn’t love everything on Being the Elite, there is more than enough good to make the less enjoyable moments (the Bucks match) worth sitting through. This night was all about Irish talent finally arriving and being taken seriously, proving they are a force to be reckoned with and finally rising to the top and proving that talent cannot and will not be denied."

Honestly I don't see anything about that that is unfair or overly critical. Think people are concentrating on the (constructive) criticisms. Nice job Lee.

I enjoyed the review. When I said ''Lee JM shoots hard on the Bullet Club'' I was merely aping what those click-bait headlines do on news sites. The Bullet Club, and the Bucks in particular, are very divisive. I myself don't know if I like them or hate them but they get folks talking one way or another. For me though, it's the Irish and British talent I want to see mostly, that's who I buy my ticket to see.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative. A review is only worth doing if you are going to be honest and while I have gotten a minor bit of backlash over me being slightly negative over 2 matches on a 5 hour show I'm not going to just praise something because it takes place in OTT.

Advertisement