Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

Aaannd the retreat back to ignorance in the face of a common sense that would make a 5 year old embarrassed.

Let's see how the likes of your approach to reality works out. I can make a pretty good guess though, it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Getting rid of the far right by hopefully shutting up those that created it. Which is the hateful, racist, misogynistic, men who spew bile and hate.

If you want rid of a problem, you target the cause, not the effect.

What happened in the time period between there not being a far right and there being a far right?

It's simple pimples.

But it's super awkward, oh dear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The only real way to deal with it is education, activism and constantly calling them out. These people despise Ireland and nobody should forget that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

The danger for Ireland is we have a justice minister who has spent more time and effort bringing in nonsensical hate speech laws which are basically a charter for every crank in the country to waste the Gardai's time and yet at the same time have decided that Dublin as a city doesn't need to be policed properly.

• Advertisement

Rabble rabble rabble.

As I said to the other two, let's see how such ignorance works out.

Something created the far right, and broadly speaking, it was this kind of ignorance to reality behind it.

So let's take the next step on the stupidity ladder: bring in the hilariously blatant censorship legislation to silence the upwelling anger against mass migration and its effects, let the pressure build and build, and then watch the explosion. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They dont despise Ireland. They despise themselves.

Most of them are angry, lonely and unemployed. Have a look at them at the next "protest". Few cans on the train into Dublin, little celebration on their echo chamber whatsapp groups.

Being able to project their lifes failures onto others is a nice release for them.

Its textbook stuff.

I don't have an attitude, I have a pragmatic interpretation of reality.

Trying to link reality to something unsavoury, thereby avoiding reality, just ain't going to work out for you. Or any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭crusd

Yes, lets target the cause:

• Short termism in politics resulting in failure to plan for population increases, short termism that is driven by parish pump politics that the people repeatedly vote for
    • Climate change effects in Sub saharan africa driving large numbers of people off marginal agricultural land and towards Europe
    • imperialist policies from Europe , America Russia China et al in the middle east and Africa increasing deprivation and driving populations towards Europe
    • propagandists highlighting every single incident involving a potential immigrant as being signs of armageddon in an attempt to sow discord across Europe
    • simpletons falling for and regurgitating the same propaganda as fact

• Advertisement

There's certainly some truth in this, but certainly not all of it.

Mass migration was always going to have an outsized effect on the poorer and less well off.

It's hardly a surprise that they would also have an outsized reaction to it.

But trying to paint the laughable failures of mass migration as this one singular manifestation is disingenuous in the extreme. Its nothing but a scapegoat and it will result in nothing but further and wider spread anger.

It's no giant coincidence that this phenomenon is happening right across Europe. As I said above, it is simply cause and effect.

The reality you propose would shut down the health system and most of the businesses in the country

You only have to look at the sh1t show that is going on in the UK since Brexit. Their agri sector is on its knees as is it health system, and inflation rates of 7% look to be locked in for years to come due to shortages in staff

Your reality is a self-destructive one which would get you nothing of benefit

Roughly agree.

But it must be examined how, exactly, imported population became some kind of unquestionable phenomenon for a very, very few countries.

It's very questionable, not least due to the vast sums of money involved, but also how any native population can be convinced to turn such a blind eye to its ill effects.

I'd fancy that the money and the indoctrination go hand in hand. What's new? So, as to your point on "simpletons", it certainly seems like there's no end of them.

We'll see where this goes, but I think we can all agree its bound to be nowhere we'll like.

Brexit did not follow through on the reasons for brexit. Therefore brexit is a measure of nothing except that the migration industry is massive.

Right, left, it doesn't matter if they have their money coming from migration. Its a whole insidious industry.

While yes, of course the country would collapse if every migrant left in one day, that's just hyperbolic. How did the country get to such an over reliance in the first place?

But what would happen if there were no more extra migrants starting tomorrow? How would that figure into the likes of a sustainable plan that builds on efficiency of what it has, rather than what it has not?

Mass migration economics is a dead man walking, it has no future. It'll be a painful journey to correct the ignorance that lead Europe and ireland to where it is, but it's coming one way or another.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think it's both. When it's not Muslims, it's trans people. Then it's gay people, Eastern Europeans and so on. It's all the master race has at the end of the day. They don't want to take responsibility for how their lives turned out so they resort to cans and urinating on memorials.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

So it's all about resentment at how their lives turned out, is that it?

Well you'll be shooting fish ina barrel soon enough, what with every young person being left absolutely fooked due to the housing crisis, to pick just one of the multiple crises.

Will you be condemning all those "far right" 10 year olds of today when they unleash hell later because of how you batted for profiteering scum to shore up every nook and cranny in the country with migrants?

I read recently that there were migrants wandering around the arse end of nowhere in the middle of the night with suitcases. That isn't a small thing. To the contrary, that kind of thing is a blaring foghorn of critical societal failure.

In other words, you better be real careful with your condemnation of those falling on hard times, because it's the likes of your reasoning that's creating those hard times for generations to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Saying this or that created the far-right is horseshit. They've always been there and if it wasn't this incident they hopped on they'd have found something else.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Thing is, causes of the Irish far right seems to amount to anything they don't feel uncomfortable with. Everything from modernising sex education, to libraries doing their jobs. In the case of high profile events, they leap to spreading rumours before even waiting for Gardai investigations to complete. It's pretty much just standard propaganda techniques to rile people.

Such insight.

Well, listen, you can all go off pulling your plums for politicians that are sending the country down the the sewers for profit till the day you die.

The fact of the matter, as squirmingly uncomfortable as it seems to make some feel, is that the country is jam packed with migrants, and the offshoot of that overpopulation is 1) mega profits for very few, and 2) disastrous for society at large.

Any clue as to how the housing crisis will be solved with unlimited migrants? Not a fooking breeze between the lot of ye. Any other capacity issue? Pure silence. Ever increasing honelessness? Zero. The fact that the purported benefits of mass migration have resulted in precisely the opposite of promise? You could hear a penny drop. And much, much more.

Any criticism of mass migration itself? Jesus christ its like a circus erupting, flashing lights, deafening drums, vitriol coming out of every orifice.

You're all consigned to a blip in history and you hate it, and it's a history that's going to treat you all very badly looking back.

Now put on your clown makeup and rejoin the circus of stupidity.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jam packed are we? Why then is our worker to retiree ratio still projected to go from 4:1 now to 2:1 by 2040? Who is going to pay all that income tax to keep the state pension afloat ehh?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Situation 1: Irish repsonce: ****, I need to get good advice and nutritional information.

Situation 2: Irish repsonce: ****, I need someone to tell me what I want to hear.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Yes, jam packed we are. Very incisive of you to see the likes of tiny villages having, in some crazy instances, the population doubled, yes, growing homelessness, yes, a migrant arrival rate demonstrably outstripping housing supply for year after year after year, yes, healthcare going down the tubes with oversubscription, yes, with shortages left right and centre. Very good that you noticed this.

As to your question on how, many hundreds of thousands of migrants later we are even further behind on critical issue, yes, that is a very good question indeed, isn't it?

To which the boiler plate response will be "guess we need even more migrants"

Hence the term "pyramid scheme". A whole load of bullshyt.

The cause, as I pointed out above, is ignorance and misinformation.

If every qualified nutrionalist told you to keep stop eating hambuergers - BUT an radnom online forum with no medical background told you to keep eating hamburgers and you'd be fine - which could you go with?

The second. Because you want to keep eating hamburgers! And this advice means you can!

So, when you get even more obese, who do you blame? The nutritionalist for not being forceful enough or yourself for not ignoring stupid unqualified advice?

The first?

Ok. NOW the let's see you get on with your hamburger diet.

----

If you want good health - mental or physical - you go to a qualified professional not some random internet Twitterite who'll just tell you want you want to hear.

It's the same with balanced information.

You have nothing.

You have no answers, no recognition of problems, no solutions, nothing approaching critical thought.

Sorry, I suppose you are an adult with a cartoon and a phrase. Sums up a lot of ye, caricatures, with as much depth.

And it is for that reason, that intellectual vacuum, that others are going to inevitably fill in the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No answer to the pension timebomb gotcha. I dont think rampant bigotry and hatred of foreigners is gonna keep pensioners warm during the winter though.

If you want to get rid a problem, you first have to define and understand the problem.

"What happened in the time period between there not being a far right and there being a far right?" - well lots of things to be honest. The rise of Trump, unfounded conspiracy theories, misinformation and people believing random **** the read on the internet without the capacity - no, without the desire - to accruately and unobjectively ascertain its accuracy.

I'm sorry, did you expect me to take your little rants seriously?

They are treated with the contempt they deserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

The unrestricted free for all immigration brigade deep down are extremely racist they just don't see it themselves because they're self righteousness doesn't allow them to.

Generally the argument they make is "we need immigrants to do jobs in our economy that we won't" .

They forget that if all good workers from poorer countries emigrate to richer countries it creates a brain drain which stops the poorer countries from ever achieving their potential , this is exactly what happened in Ireland due to mass emigration from Ireland in the past.

They also seem to favor the idiotic pyramid scheme economics whereby there needs to be a continuous supply of young people to prop up people's pension pots so lets take the young people from poor countries to help my retirement be more comfortable.

Fact is mass emigration from poorer countries to richer countries damages the poorer countries so much more than the rich ones as it stifles their possibility of growth (Ireland in the past is a good example of this) but that doesn't matter to those in favour of free for all immigration as long as their cushy lifestyle is propped up by young immigrants, they claim to be left leaning and yet in reality they are helping prop up big business by providing them with cheap immigrant labour.

Advertisement