Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

To be a good samaritan to those who might not be able to hover on the official site 24/7 clicking refresh every 3 seconds.

Also... He's/she's most likely getting them into the hands of an Irish fan this way, so doing their bit to keep the Scottish contingent down 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gomiechild83

Believe it or not this is what happened..as folks have questions and queried me all day...

On toutless there's a bit of a community feel to it..I've bought and sold tickets for face value (or what was paid on resale). There's a community feel of helping each other out and trying to beat the bots. Or maybe I'm naive about it.

This morning 2 cat 2 tickets came up for Scotland and by a miracle i got them in my cart thinking this will go tomsome genuine fans. So I bought them..and put them on toutless and I said I'd put on Boards as I thought (turns out I was wrong) this forum was for tickets as well as info.

On toutless I have years of history .here I've none. So understand the suspicion.

I offered the person to meet at my house (to put them at ease) but the guy just had a quick call with me ,he revoluted me and I transferred the tickets. This was done within 10mins of posting the tickets.

On toutless I got called a scammer and was banned but this was lifted as the guy who bought confirmed it was legit and the correct price.

What I've learnt...is to not bother anymore..best of luck to everyone on the portal.

Post edited by gomiechild83 on

Can I buy ya a pint kuang1?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Not sure if use the word 'perfectly' ...glad you got sorted though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is RWC site working for you guys? Think it’s marked me as a bot 😂 ffs on it all day, it logged me out now I can’t log it it just hangs. Absolutely torturous.

No need butty. I've done similar things in the past with rugby tickets and PS5s.

Get the odd negative sh1t for it but wouldn't stop me doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

That's almost saintly of you.

Let me get it straight.

Tickets were available on the official portal for fans to buy

You decided the best thing to do, was buy them yourself, so you could make sure they're available for real fans to buy

And from the goodness of your heart, you sold them on, at no profit to yourself.

Why get involved at all? For the toutless community? That's so noble.

All you've done is reduce the size of audience who could possibly buy the tickets, and encouraged that people continue to buy tickets from unofficial sources.

This in turn continues to encourage touts to bulk buy tickets before real fans can.

You're a real shining light

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

One Scotland ticket on sale the last 15 minutes, still available

Christ...look..why don't you message dzer2...he was the lad who bought them from me( he's on here and toutless). Ask him - did he get the tickets..were they the right price. Then please come back here and post the result of that conversation here please?

• Advertisement

Why would I message anyone???

This is a thread about tickets for the Rugby World Cup.

I'm giving out about people, like you, buying tickets to sell on, on alternative platforms.

It encourages people to take risks, and buy potential duds.

You're part of the problem, despite seeing yourself as a Toutless hero.

So what if you sold them at face value?

There is a chance now, that whoever bought them from you, will walk up the gate next Saturday, and get turned away, as you've sold the same tickets to multiple people.

That's not a possibility via the official platform.

Sorry that I don't see you as the Internet hero that you see yourself

Again..if you talked to him..I passed on via the portal. So he has my name and his name on the ticket and it came via the portal.You can add the beneficiary and then transfer.

Now like any ticket sold..if someone decides to print a ticket a million times and sell them..you would blame.me.for that..ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ozzyo

OK we understand you are annoyed you can't get tickets. But leave this man alone. He done nothing wrong! Bought a few tickets and sold them on at face value to a genuine fan. Dry your eyes and put in the effort to get your own tickets instead of being salty at other people who get them.

I have tickets buddy. Don't know why you think I don't.

I'm all for tickets been sold via the official portal. Not via any other websites

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It sounds like gomiechild is probably genuine and legit, I don't think the negativity is directed at him mostly.

It's more so the scenario and how most of the time that would be scammy, so even if all parties have come out good from this transaction, it won't happen the next time when a new reg comes on selling tickets pretending to be the good guy, the offer of "call to my house" gives a false sense of security and personability to the transaction.

I don't think anyone is being salty, in reality poster are trying to protect the next guy from being stranded outside Stade France after paying upwards of a grand to get there.

Sure he won't know until next Saturday if he got the tickets or did 50 others get them too! 🤣 In the meantime you'll have moved house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Gomie he won't message his nickers is too tight. I can confirm what you've said is true. I have done the same as you, bought tickets and sold them.on to a boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

will people get a grip

gomiechild83 saw tickets and bought them , offered to sell them on at face value to fans stuck for tickets .

its fairly obvious hes not a ticket scout scammer ffs its suggested now he will move house after the game .

gomie fair play lad for what you did ignore the comments

Post edited by Juwwi on

I think that first sentence is aimed at me, but not 100%. Not sure what nickers have to do with anything.

Anyway, I have 0 interest in making contact with someone out of the blue, who's not been directly involved in the conversation.

I've said my piece, and I'm trying to keep the thread on track.

I don't recommend anyone buys tickets off of unofficial resale sites, when an official resale site already exists, and I've no sympathy for those who do, and end up getting shafted.

The resale portal offers the safest means for buying a ticket from someone you don't know.

Any other method of buying a ticket from someone you don't know, contains a much higher level of risk.

This includes the idea of someone putting your name down as the beneficiary. This provides next to no security. I have bought 3 tickets for the Scotland game for my family. Their names are listed as the beneficiaries, and will be travelling with me.

I could easily offer those up for face value to strangers, and add new names as the beneficiaries. And then on Saturday, make sure that my family walk are waiting at the gates as they open, validate our tickets, and the suckers who paid me for the tickets are now stuck outside, with no chance of getting in, or getting refunded.

MOD: no giving references for your sold tickets either

Anyways - let's get this thread back on track

Post edited by Podge_irl on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Got 2 cat1 tickets finally for Scotland game last night. All sorted now thankfully.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

About 30 tickets have come up for Scotland today, can I get any in the basket… no!

Seems to be a good few tickets (official not resale) for Pool A winner QF (so France), which I'm surprised by, really thought they'd be snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Can you get those tickets in your basket though? I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

You seem legitimate but you did yourself no favours by saying you were looking for €325 for your category 1 Scotland ticket as it was at the half way line. The face value of that ticket was €216 or plus 10% if bought on resale. You have since removed that part of your post and said it was a mistake but I can see why folk initially thought you were touting.

I didn't try the QF ones as have tickets for both of them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TBH with the amount you've pushed the site now I think you must have a vested interest in it somehow or are trying to push people towards it to abuse it if its user base gets larger. Anyway I hope the mods shut this down down as sites like that are wide open to abuse and don't actually help with the issue of touts imo.

Wow. That's quite the take.

Couldn't disagree more. Toutless has helped me get and give tickets for many a rugby match over the years. Never once had an issue.

First it was selling me house after the match..and latest is being accused of having an interest in another site (won't name it in case it fuels further suspicion...)!

Can we just leave it now? I can't change people's conspiracies - I won't bother posting here about tickets.

Let's get back to the purpose of the thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MOD: The discussion in any way, shape or form of selling your tickets anywhere other than through official channels ends here

Advertisement