Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

Thanks @Juwwi I was just coming on to ask if anyone managed to get anything today as all I’m getting since yesterday morning is the blue page like @Buddy Bubs above. I got in once or twice last night and this morning and everything comes up as unavailable then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Not showing as available any more. I got very lucky yesterday a fellow boards member got in bought 2 tickets and PMd me and I bought them from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Blut2

25% of the 60-74 year old group, and 50% of over 75s, haven't used the internet in the last 3 months. You can roughly *1.5 those figures for having used the internet to buy something according to most studies.

Thats not remotely "pretty savvy on the internet". A majority of over 60s haven't used the internet in the last 3 months to buy something. It shows very clearly why theres a market for package holiday providers.

Your figures don't match that at all, though. Where are you going to buy 2 match tickets next to each other for the world fup final, with no contacts, today, for 200euro?

That package includes, for 5390e per couple:

Return Flights, Airport Transfers, Two nights 4* Accommodation, Breakfast Each Morning, Services of Killester Travel Rep,  Official Match Tickets

A quick check of doing it individually would cost:

Flights 600e x2 - 1200e

Airport transfer 50e x2 - 100e

2 nights 4* hotel - 600e

Breakfasts for two - 50e x2 - 100e

Match tickets cat4 - currently going for 1300e a ticket in a pair from what I can see - 2600e

Total: 4600e. So again roughly a 20% premium.

Lads drop the whole internet usage posts among the demographics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

Well done and fair play to the other boardsie, you’ll surely have a few pints left on an Irish bar for them in Paris!!

If any other boardsie wants to do the same I will gratefully accept tickets as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I got in on my laptop , one bit of advice if you have more than 1 card use the one that's more reliable for sending the confirmation thing to the app on your phone for you to approve the transaction ,I tried 3 cards before the confirmation finally came through on last card , AIB seem to be unreliable they didn't send the confirmation to the app ,,I was full sure l had lost the ticket it was taking so long .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

You showed a report saying 75% of a demographic used the internet. Thank you.

I've also explained why the over 55s use packages. I know because they tell me. They tell me at the community centre. At the Active Age clubs. At the social dances. At the bingo. At work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I have to disagree completely with you on this.

I went to the last World Cup in Japan through a organised tour operator. It was fantastically well organised, and very good value.

It would appear that ticketing issues were not confined to one travel agent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Stop the bickering lads, take it private as none of us really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Post edited by COH on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Your match tickets are way off. Face value for the cat4 in the final is €100. You can't compare with tout ticket prices. The fact that the prices are being compared to tout prices proves my point that these companies are touts under the guise of a travel company.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Have you ever travelled abroad on an organised tour? If you haven’t , then you are offering an opinion on something you have never experienced.

Trips organised by tour operators should be viewed as the sum of their parts, not just the price of a ticket. From my own experience, from the moment we arrived in Dublin airport and met the rep, until the moment we left departures in the same airport after our trip, every aspect of our trip associated with rugby was catered for, transfers, tickets, hotels, some meals, excursions to sites, reps were on hand at all times to help with queries, our tickets were together, we had no queing at any stage because the coaches brought us to and from matches, we had great fun with other people on tour, of all ages, and if the Lions tour to SA had gone ahead as was planned, we would have been on it. I suspect many who travel, do so as repeat customers.

No one disputes that booking each part individually MAY be cheaper, but if you can pay someone else to organise everything for you, that has its appeal to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Edit

Post edited by kuang1 on

Mods, would it be possible to make this thread exclusively about availability of tickets on the official website? (and possibly rename the thread? Or create a new one?)

If previous tournaments are anything to go by, there will be multiple batches and blocks of tickets put up for sale for the knockout games at random days and times from now on.

(last night at around 8.00 being an example when QF tickets suddenly appeared)

If we kept a thread like this limited to comments on ticket availability, we might be able to help each other out when a ticket drop happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Blut2

You're comparing the price of buying a match package for the final, in 4 weeks time, today with the price of buying tickets (if you could get them) when they went on sale over 2.5 years ago. Thats not like for like.

The price I posted for final tickets are what you'd pay today trying to buy them, they're the comparison someone shopping for a package trip right now would have to make.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

@Blut2 and @Tec Diver - can you please stop the bickering at each other on a ticket thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MOD - I'm fine with the discussion on the benefits of the organised rugby tours taking place elsewhere but indeed let's keep this thread very specifically for discussions on tickets themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭raclle

Surely there must be a better system than this? Currently 3 tickets available for quarter final 1. Anyway of knowing when they get released? I know nothings guaranteed until after next weekend.

No way of knowing unfortunately. That's why I was hoping to keep this thread for ticket sales queries only, or posts telling us about availability.

If any one of us spots tickets available for the final for instance, then they can declare it on here and hopefully help out a boardsie or 2 who can't afford the time to click refresh 13,628 times a day!

Was kind of curious if anyone noticed a pattern as well. Seems to be just random. Plenty of action over the next week though and hopefully others get as lucky as Bubs did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Can you please ensure you get the name right?

I never commented on (or even read) this thread before I got this notification...

Available Scotland offical tickets Cat 4 €45 each

Semi final resale Cat 2/1 ticket €350

Thanks for that.

Did you notice how many were available?

Sorry should have mentioned there was 3 available at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That bloody website would be enough to drive an old person to overpriced travel packages 🤬🤣

Post edited by Electric Nitwit on

Scotland resale Cat 1/2 ticket €216 each

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Aghhhh keep missing them

• Advertisement

2 single tickets there now

Advertisement