Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I backed Deepone lto as sure shortie and he flopped but might be worth giving a second chance...

And may it last! GL. I'm not backing anything this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭standardg60

Ha all good things come to an end, nowhere

Yeah, he didn't pick up at all... WD to those whose found a winner in that 5yo in mostly 3yo race, off the track for 300+ days too... me not see it...

Yeah no me either, only thing was Callan had ridden it before and was sneaking in off a mark of 76, hindsight.

Alas i'm also backing the fav in the 9.00, thought Hourless was a stand out here on the step up in trip and Probert has ridden before.

• Advertisement

Sophar Sogood 🤣 cool name.

Didn't stay after cruising round, another one for the notebook back over shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Champion Stakes 3,20 Leopardstown

NASHWA ~4/1 win

do me. mainly cos they was tryna put us off her on Opening Show on ITVfowahh

:)

You can't find a better CD form than that of Satin Snake in Kempton 4:35.

• Advertisement

Satin Snake out of places by 1/2length, annoying.

Another one caught my eye: Billy(3) replaces Cammie on Murbih in 7:30 Wolves, Murbih ran a good race over CD two starts back, chances.

Post edited by j@utis on

2nd by a neck. Not a great day.

Newcastle 7.00

One of the worst races i've seen in a while. The only newcomer Jamie's choice is worth a bet at 22/1 here as wouldn't have to be up to much to take this, small rev f/cast with the pretty woeful odds on fav.

Lightning Spark drifted on the day, and seemingly ran wide most of the race - according to results

has entry in ~11f race at Kempton on Wednesday (7,30 on early card)

might strip fitter (if takes engagement) on 2nd hcap start and will also be up against solely her own sex.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lightning Spark aint declared, but Simcock does have another one in this very open looking Cl5 ~1m. 3f. contest. his Folk Star ~11/4, sets standard here and looks likeliest to get her 3yo noggin in front where it matteres... a surefire contender but will look elsewhere here:

Wednesday, 13 Sept

Kempton - Standard to slow

very wide open this. can't pick likely winner here.. go with an outsider

BUSH ROSE 40/1 EW NAP

this will be the 3yo maiden's sixth ever run and only the second for her latest trainer, Phil McEntee. will ignore her latest run at Bath as wasn't at all fancied on stable debut..

on July 1 she come 3rd of eight in a Lingfield Turf/AW fixture. race was ran on AW (best i can tell) track there and she acquitted herself well enough then in a run which was her first go on the AW, and it was in a race where she was also significantly stepped up in trippe, so that's noteworthy

that Lingfield race was over ~1m 4f , and the 1f shorter trip tomorrow should be fine. the first and the fourth in that Lingfield race have won since

deserves nap on account of price mainly.. could well touch 16s or shorter at some stage imo

good enuffe for me

gl

me own pick, Cosa Sara, prolly had no luck in running really - Mark Winn(3) hardly a worldshaker of a jock, but this one looks as tho she needs to be produced late, so a place was good to get atc, as no gaps in front so had to head towards rail.. definitely capable of picking up a race (on good ground) in coming weeks - will need some judicious placement from handler tho as she requires plenty luck in running alas; but is far from one for max faith, but will likely back in similar event anyhoo, so long as is at least high single digits pricewise 🙄

little interest in punting lately, but spotted Cosa Sara out tomorrow in ye firste at Musselburgh

give this race a good look yday, and thought (albeit nowhere near double figures 🤣😂) that @ Cosa Sara ~4/1, would have a right good chance here , as well as Linda Perratt's Chinese Spirit ~4/1

wasn't at all gone on paper fav, War Defender ~2/1, so was considering backing CS win, and doing r/f with Chinese Spirit

that was based on the ground being Good-good to firm in places.. seems a lot of pace on, so that would/would have helped both they chances - #if the going remains t'same

#don't think it will remain as is tho, the Going, as lots of precipitation due tonight..

will leave off so - couldn't be having Cosa Sara on rain-softened ground.. only looked at the race with a view that the going would be good

might back her tomorrow if there's no 'Soft' in the description

be wary tho - unless there's a serious deluge tonight, then tis likely there'll be narys the mention of 'soft' early doors 😒

... as appears to be the norm, and have 'alluded' to this craic several times..... could be Soft-good to soft come third race up north 😆😓😪

couldn't be up to them

#powderdry #theywasrobbed #sayNOtoQtackseens&SmartMeters #theferalscumcandowhattheywant

that's all

Going is Good to Soft in Musselburgh.. not even Good to Soft - Good in places 😄

jolly War Defender hardening - now a general 11/10 shot (from 2s last night)

Cosa Sara now a gen 10/3 - 7/2 shot.. not liking her on the possible softer going :(

have no interest in this race now - no bettee here

looked at one more race today :

1.58 Lingfield

backed Make Clear win at 9/2, with a view towards makin bank if trades v v short in running, and chanced in-running lay at ~1/50 😃

ya never knows!

filly was a 5lgth 2nd lto over CD, having made most but collared inside last half furlonge..

no real opinion on t'other three protagonists, save to say jolly, Almaty Star, is woeful short at ~1/6

will hope Make Clear makes most here.. that race (her lto CD run) were ran in fast time, so she could easily win i suppose 🐎

gl if yer puntin

no joy there :(

jolly collared Make Clear at 1pole , and wins going away by 5lengths

#effpunting

😆

really need dem #StudyHubbes

no motivation

think i'll knock it on t'ead for a while until la muse returneth

prolly won't, but tis t'plan anyroad 😎

Musselburgh 5.45

Turbo Command likes a flat track and 7f, been running well over a mile last few runs and Mulrennan back on board (only jock who's won on him in the UK).

looked at one race for Thursday, 21st Sept

Chelmsford 8,30

Standard Going on r'card

a micky mouse Cl6 1m. 2f. hcap

Egoiste ~ 11/2 , Lightning Spark ~ 15/2 , and James Bradley ~ 10/1 , are three what I think have claimes here.

reasons for all are mainly based on t'opposition's perceived lack of chances of winning here.... I don't think anything really has strong claims in this

El Royale ~ 5/2 is yet to win in fifteen starts. has ran improved races the last twice - both of which were at the course and over 8 & 10furlonge trippes.. first two aw runs were good, but box 12 wrong place to be for one what likes to be handy... must check to see how muche pace on

Cryptos Dream ~9/2 is another what's badly drawn and she comes outta 11 box. must have bounced lto at Ripon. only came 7th in 10f race there on goodishe ground -after having won by a margin the time before that in a similar race at Brighton- when sent off solid 9/4 fav for that 13 runner event. Capable of going close here based on pick of Irish AW form, but like El Royale, if this one don't get to race close to pace, then Cryptos Dream is unlikely to go well from off the pace. lack of overall placed form don't bode well neither: has two wins , two 4th and two 2nd place finishes from twenty runs on the flat, and after that has one fifth place position. outta her other 13 runs, 7th is the best she's yet to manage.... not the greatest e/w proposition anyroad, this daughter of Elzaam 😄

prediction on Cryptos Dream: not one for max faith. too short at prices. may well be strongly backed and maybe even win, but if don't see coin/support from connections, then looks unlikely to be running well here.... short enough as is and wouldn't fancy backing at shorter odds

Young Winston ~13/2 has never inspired on the AW tracks, and has only the one win from thirty goes... did come a respectable 2nd at Bath in July but aint built on that run in two runs since. just having 4th run for current trainer, Tony Carroll -who'll be the 4yos fifth trainer in two years- and Young Winston is possibly capable of improving. looks Classified Stakes level only for me, this one, and for one what likes to be sat mid-div at worst, then box ten a bit of a curse... happy to o'erlook

----------

so yep, easy to look past most the market leaders here... hard enough to make solid individual cases for me own pickes tho and three is a bit much 🙂 might get ye #tricaste p'raps 😛

had look at possible pace angles:

seems most of field are race close to pace types.. not many seem to be out-and-out frontrunners, but will hope there's enough early pace on to scupper chances of the three i've ruled out above from getting a decent early possy for theyselves...

I think Egoiste is best chance of a winner here - his CD third three runs back looks solid form. was also drawn in box two that day, so assuming a true run race, then Probert might be able to haul him over the line

Lightning Spark is interesting having her 2nd hcap run: she ran a decent race lto at Wolves. that were over 2fs further than this race, which shouldn't make much difference i would think, and it were massive improvement upon her first three runs - one of which were a last of nine over course and distance in March - and she's since gone on to break the lids a lot quicker than she's done in her earlier runs. hope is she won't race too wide here, and coming from box 7 that looks a possibility..

James Bradley , the more I look at him, it's hard to see him win and not too difficult to see him out the places neither. doesn't really seem to fully see out the 10f trip here at Chelly (has won at the course before, but at over a mile) . has twice ran over CD (both this year) and was well supported both timese. he only managed to finish 5th of twelve and 6th of nine in both those two races. hard to completely rule out tho as has the plum box no. 1 draw, and is the only horse in the field what has won at the course before - 5 horses in total have ran at Essex venue afore..

think me'll back all three each way

and one I backed in times recente what might take up engagement at weekend

very wide open this. can't pick likely winner here.. go with an outsider

BUSH ROSE 40/1 EW NAP

this will be the 3yo maiden's sixth ever run and only the second for her latest trainer, Phil McEntee. will ignore her latest run at Bath as wasn't at all fancied on stable debut..

on July 1 she come 3rd of eight in a Lingfield Turf/AW fixture. race was ran on AW (best i can tell) track there and she acquitted herself well enough then in a run which was her first go on the AW, and it was in a race where she was also significantly stepped up in trippe, so that's noteworthy

that Lingfield race was over ~1m 4f , and the 1f shorter trip tomorrow should be fine. the first and the fourth in that Lingfield race have won since

deserves nap on account of price mainly.. could well touch 16s or shorter at some stage imo

good enuffe for me

Sat, 23rd Sept

BUSH ROSE ran an okay race that day when finishing fifth over Kempton's ~11f trip. holds an entry for ~1m. 4f. Cl6 Handicap on Saturday -the 8.0'c @ Wolves- which provisionally sees Molly Presland(7) get leg up. still early days as decs aren't in, but will be hard to leave her out of calculations, esp seeing as she went out to 125/1 lto and was beaten a lil less than ten lengths which aint bad atc.. not awe inspiring, but it were @Bush Rose's 1st real attempt at a hold up ride; better can be expected on Saturday, one hopes.. the extra furlong or so should help an' all 😊

#rubbishquotefunctiononhere #theywasrobbed #StudyHubs

gl

#StudyHubs #WeWantWeNEED !

#hopefullyundernewswrulescudbe@StudyHubbesinoffingforus#artistictypesandour#mentalsityeeayshuncudbeimproveduponfromsame

#StudyHubbesareanecessity

#Artistry

seems pointless punting when ya cannae get in ye studying moode for ye#reasonsvariouse 😊

not a bad show that#Pointless

#therehastobea#way

speakin of 'Pointless' and'way/s' , one 'Pointless' post what , apropos of nothing - esp not linkee to poste @#commensurate re time schedules/repeats of current and episodes previous (no, deffo no that! 😂) - but just for seeing 'way' in black and white /ones-zeros /pixels , wtf! , is sole reason for me #inspolink 😊

• Advertisement

heh heh heh , i is clever 😃🤣🙂

hope me mules go well at Chelly tonight,,, one absentee from wide draw and one o' jollies is said scratched one.. 11/4 Cryptos Dream (Jack Jones might've another day for this one, but he couldn't have hardly fancied his 4yof's chances from 11 box- what with her prominent racing style an' all) is out so not a nice rule4 in offing ... that's if me even gets a resulte with any o' me pickes... 😃

ooked at one race for Thursday, 21st Sept

Chelmsford 8,30

Standard Going on r'card

a micky mouse Cl6 1m. 2f. hcap

Egoiste ~ 11/2 , Lightning Spark ~ 15/2 , and James Bradley ~ 10/1 , are three what I think have claimes here.

8,30 Chelmsford

about 4s , 7/1 & 12s are Egoiste , James Bradley and Lightning Spark, currently.. those be okay prices - no much ew juice in Egoiste and James Bradley, but are about fair for win.. I be giving Lightning Spark ye @NB vote, as is about, methinks 6/1-13/2 for win purposes here and, perhaps would have her alot bigger @~11/1mebbe far as e/w value/price, goes.... reason for discrepancy in me made up prices is is it's hard to know what tae expect fro Lightning Spark, but she could be well handicapped

that is all

#StudyHubbes #Finlandwasrobbed #rubbishquotefunctiononhere

#GWAN@'Scans'on#Strictly@#BBChomeof#Pointless😀

#methodinuslogic 😊

must tekk luuk at Wolves cairde (wrt La Muse and whethre she be abroade...) for @Wkend in nxt study sesh - which is unlikely to be in #StudyHub :(

bye 4nigh

Think tonight could be the night for Lightning Spark having mentioned him here lto, shorter trip should suit.

Hope ye backed Cosa Sara today!

hope you're right stan ☺️

Cosa Sara won !! ffs :( me not even know she were out today... need dem #StudyHubs - woulda clocked her then 🙂

😢

Money is down for Egoiste, and I can see why. No bet for me.

Good work there lef, 1 & 3. Very good, keep it up.

edit: 1st & 2nd, looked different when watching live, WD.

thankee missusse ☺️

was hoping JB would've gotten up as bigger price - can't complain too much tho ! 😂

🙂 🙂

WD!

Lightning drifted like a barge and ran like he should be towing one

• Advertisement

cheers stan 🤣

like that barge quote an' all 😁

can only draw complete line thru that run and hope for better nto 😪 😊

see Cosa Sara has entry at Hamilton on Monday - deffo opposable on rain-softened ground, if she lines up over the extended mile on the Good to soft-soft in places, going

Advertisement