Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

8.00 Redcar

AREILLE 15/2 WIN , RAINBOW RAIN 4/1 WIN

by mes calculationes, these are only two what are capable of winning here.

selections are drawn in boxes 12 and 1 - which is okay as far as ye trendes go... those drawn high don't seem to fare so well, but the 12 box what Areille's housed in should be fine

gl

a few hopeful ones:

Goodwood - Soft

DALMATIC 33/1 EW , TEXAS BOY 66/1 EW

RAVI ROAD 40/1 EW

:)

g'lucke

5,25 Yarmouth

WILDE AND DANDY WIN 4/1

would be nap potential if going were a definite.. says Good to firm - good in places on racecarde, but rain looks promised so that's a '?' ; stall ten also slight negative... Horse aint never raced on turf with soft in the going description, but will hope ye Ding Dong gelding can cope with any cut in ground going on ye breeding angle

ran a great race over cd lto to finish second to Ideal Guest, and was well ahead of the third.. a repeat should see him go very close

also, if t'going do stay the same, then the track generally favours frontrunners over 7f on top of ground; some of the main protagonists in betting here are hold up types who'll be helped if ground is worse than Good

struggling to find any out and out frontrunner/s here, so perhaps jock will send horse on

could be 'two races' here as sometimes they divide into separate groups over course/distance , draw don't appear great and ye #Goinge is doubtful, so win only here..

jockey takes seven off so surely thatta help.. another green shoot is horse is a race-winner - which is more'n what can be said for six out of his nine opponents 😄

that is all

#Finlandwasrobbed #SayNOtoquackseenes #NOtoSmartMeters

gl

nothing today 😒

• Advertisement

Southwell 4.25

go three each way here.... cases can be made for em all... favourite could win easy, but is very short @ ~5/4 for one what has won her last two races on the Poly surface at Chelly; The Waiting Game is on the improve since being dropped in trip, and the first of them wins was her first win after 7 previous losing ones...

....jolly is easy enough to overlook on price imo - even in a race where there are ten previous course runners, but only one (Congress) has won before at ye course.. has a lot of weight to lump too

take fav out and it's 'point nd shoot' jobbe this..

anyway, picks:

PHOENIX STAR 16/1 EW , MUMCAT 10/1 EW , FINAL FRONTIER 20/1 EW

all fair prices and four plcs available..

that's definitely enoughe pickes😃...

gl

Chepstow - Good to soft

seems half the field, or more even, are either frontrunners or race-prominent types, or both..

a lot of soft in Going across pond today - not sure if there's much rain expected in Welsh venue tho..

MACS DILEMMA 7/1 WIN or EW NAP can go close here, as is one what can lead, but don't, i think, need to.. this three time CD winner sports f/t blinkers to aide ye 5yo gelding's cause, and also has a sweet draw in box two..

should it go soft at course, then i dinna re selection's chances, as MACS DILEMMA aint never really raced on ground described as worse than Good to soft, hence win or e/w... have gone each way as is juste a smidge too big not to 😃 might've gone win only if 13/2 mebbe 🙂

looks about a 5/1 shot to me anyroad, and will do me even though there's gotta be concernes re t'Going

#effgoingchanges #Finlandwasrobbed

g'lucke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Too tricky as too many of them are on the sliding marks and can strike anytime now. I also would add another two to the list: Stella Blue and Noble Captain 😂

I'm still hopefulle, me, missus, o' getn sumt outta that race😃

• Advertisement

Noble 3rd, Stella 4th, didn't back neither of them, no point.

Ripon - Good - good to soft in places

horses no's 4,6,7 & 11 all look like frontrunners so should be well run race here.. lightly raced 3yo Tobetso ~ 7/2, is up in trip from 7f and is a bit short with q's to answer so will leave off

COSMOS RAJ 10/3 WIN... topweight and has a good looking draw here... is a two time CD winner and will do... price aint great - would prefere 4s

MOTARAJEL 14/1 EW ... goes well at the course over a mile... probably don't want much if any 'soft' in going description... is former CD winner, and should be staying on late from hold up ride..

the two selections and @Tobetso are the possibly winners here, imo... not liking anything else in this.

rev f'cst on two pickes also

g'l

nothing there - Motarajel was running all over the place out wide and might have cost him a place... Cosmos Raj was v unlucky; all dressed up with nowhere to go last ~3 furlonges

😪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭standardg60

Worcester 6.55

Like the look of Cawthorne Lad here at ~6/1, Kielan Woods rode for the first time lto, always like to see a first time jock return nto, placed here only time he ran at the track before.

Thursday 31st August

Racing League day this, and action takes place at Newcastle... Very competitive fields and looks too hard to solve.. likely Saffie'll get a winner for shrewd dad and manager of her team, Jamie Osborne, but it'd tekk age to go thru cardes; plus there's no colours given on website, which makes for annoyance come study time - me likes to see ye colours: 'elps with finding 'paigejumpers' and likes when glancing thru, or #staringdown, ye racecarde/s 😆

bad form that - ye no colours on (granted, they're all wearing team colours, but it sho do discombobulate a studyer; mebbe some websites show em 😥) on #Racecarde . one good initiative what they (Racing League folke) have is, is the horses having gps tags or summat in they saddles one presumeth <like what they have in plenty of other countries> ...... this allows us to see what position the horses are in..

.. at loss as to know why it don't show each racehorses' field position -numerically- on the screen during race - in every race... makes no sense not to imo... likely every horse has to have some sort of tracking device on their animal (for reasones variousse) , so why not show us punteres/racefans what position our favourites are in, as it's often difficult to tell when watching on screen 😣

go with easier looking meet than #DunstallPark in trying to find a few picks

Chelmsford - Standard

concentrating on raced ones here.. Emperor's Star, the ~2/1 paper fav, might want further than seven methinks... possible 3/4 place lay job if a short price come show..

RUN BOY RUN ~4/1 WIN. aint got a great draw tbf (comes outta box 15) for one that came 2nd from close to pace run over seven on first start - which were at Newmarket early in month... don't seem much pace on, so give this Rajasinghe colt righte good chance of getting prominent possy here

LOHENGRIN ~11/4 WIN... first ever run over 7 at Leicester should see Haggas' gelding go close.. appeals more than Velvet Crush ~6/4 as t'latter is fair skimpy, and was slow enough to break on r'crse debut at Kempton when finishing third over 7furlongs.. looks most likely here, but not for me..

... will chance seconde picke here, and go with Richard Hughes' FICTIONAL ~20/1 EW... will be 3yo gelding's second ever run and also second at the course... reason it piques us interest is he's dropping down from 1m. 2f.

BEAR PROFIT ~33/1 EW.... has excellent course form: two wins and a third and a fourth place position out of four races here between the five and six furlong trips, and has an August CD (Cl4, this a Cl3) win to his name from last year.. good enuffe... doesn't seem to really act on turf at all, so'll ignore most of his form

Zaman Jemil ~9/2 fav, has a poor draw in box 12.. a 6f winner on turfe and also at Newcastle AW... has never ran on Polytrack surface so reasons to oppose Ryan Moore (one of only two rides he has here - also gets leg up on Marching Band in race previous) mount..

SECRET MOMENT ~8/1 EW.. lightly raced 6yo.. goes well at Wolves.. never won here, but did come 2nd in CD Cl3 in April of last year and has a good draw in box two..

HELLO ME ~ 6/1 WIN, has sound enough claims also.. goes well on the AW and has good draw in 4.. trainer, Joseph Parr, is in fine form too

Lulworth Cove ~10/1, has a poor draw for a race-prominent type.. watching brief on Buick mount

Justcallmepete ~6/1, has good draw in stall one, but handicapper looks to have his measure imo.. is 6f winner from last December at Lingfield from hold up ride... think needs to utilize pace in race like this, and might be found wanting late on.. prolly be more at home at Southwell AW track than here

don't like 5f races all that much and this one's no exception.. but am trying to gette at least one pick a race here, so will do that..

me longlist produced six picks, but thatte far too many.... no's 2 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 & 11 were ones what looked likely..

... trimmed down to two tf

PROFITABLE DAWN ~7/1 EW. still a maiden after 11 races.. was a bit unlucky lto when finishing third over CD from held up out back ride.. might have finished closer had rider not been fumbling around with ye whippe.... race was ran in fast time too..

12yo and lto Lingfield Turf winner, Boom The Groom, is likely leader here if on a going day.. has plum box one draw.. Or the one at other end of handicap, Darlo Pride, who's 10 race maiden is likeliest try make all type here... weakened in last half furlong lto and faded into 4th then over CD... perhaps a back to lay in-running shot this one....

that course/distance race which saw Darlo Pride finish 4th could be well informative here, as it saw three of ye protagonists: Universal Grace come 2nd and Profitable Dawn home in third, and the frontrunning Darlo Pride finish fourth

2nd picke here is UNIVERSAL GRACE ~7/1 EW.. 10 race maiden, but lto's CD 2nd could be on the improve here... sports tonguestrap for 2nd time in a row and will hope this can do ye tricke..

two 3yof maidens in this ineuppe are ye pickes, but 'green shoots' as they (along with the race winner on the day) finished ahead of the reste of ye 10runner field in that Auguste 15th race, in a lineup that also had a colt and three geldinges in it...

easy enough to dismiss most of these.. some are only having their second hcap run and/or stepping up in trippe... others aint got much form at all over ~10fs

one 'obvious' pick, and two, less so,

obvious one:

DAISY ROOTS ~11/4 WIN .... aint got a great draw here in box 9 tbf, came third lto over a likely too sharp 1m trip at Kempton from close to pace ride.. this one has one win to her name from 11 races, which was over a mile on soft at Ffos Las, but it's her May 3rd place finish at Brighton at the starte of ye month what gives her live claims here..

was only a Classified Stakes race then, and she had a good draw in box three to aide her well-supported cause, altho it was a race ran in a fast time, so she deserves the 'Number 1' vote hyajhh 😊

also, her relatively lowly trainer, Adam West (not of Batman fame heh hegh heh...😁) has been in fine form in last few weeks and he's only won ye Nunthorpe at weekend!! not bad for 'low grade' trainer: 'Greene Shootes' 🤣

less obvious ones:

JAMES BRADLEY ~10/1 EW. not much to go on, but is a course winner from over a mile in January... not done much since then - either at a mile or over further, on both turf and AW - but thinking is he can be staying on late if not doing a lot of donkey work early on in race.. drawn in two so should have options here

SERAPHIA ~7/1 EW. Leicester third over 1m. 2f. in May gives her a squeak.. has seemed to not see out her races since then, but they've all been on turf over ~10 and ~12 furlonges.. can't be ruled out here as has just the one AW run from eight races in total, and that was a 2yo 7f Novice Stakes race at Kempton last November - can dismiss that form outright imo, and will hope she gives good account tomorrow 😊

can't narrow it doon any more: 5 pickes here 😃

gone for no's 1 , 3 , 7 , 10 & 14 here.... got pickes from rest the cairde, so might as well go for for em all 4 p'pottte's sake 🤣

prolly back em all too , or else none.. have enough selections in previous five races

hopefully me pot's still alive after race number five - if get thru 😃

BLAIRLOGIE ~16/1 EW , CRAZY SPIN ~12/1 EW , GLOBAL STYLE 5/2 WIN , OSCAR DOODLE 9/4 WIN , RAY THE HAY 66/1 EW

and one at sunny Bath

Bath - Good to firm - good in places

SUANNI ~12/1 EW was nr that day, and was also scratched from his nxt two potentialle engagementes; worth noting for that alone methink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭standardg60

8.30 Kempton

Carbis Bay has finished second on both AW starts and looks well handicapped off 80 here having had a recent blow out on the turf, Hector Crouch here for one ride. Good bet e/w at 11/1 for me.

1,35 Navan

SANTA FE 40/1 EW

tonguestrap might help here.. bitta rain might help cause an' all

gl

chawnce layin' two shawteez 😃😆😄

3.15 Crl

Alaskan Gold - lay @ ~8/11

1.35 Navan

Yosemite Valley - lay @ ~2/5

gl

• Advertisement

6:15 Ncs - Ebt's Guard caught me eye when powering home past the whole field in Kempton last time.

not a lot there 🙂

take a flyer today

Carlisle - Good-good to firm in places

in 3.30 there will go for FINN IRONSIDE 100/1 EW here... 1st run was v poor, slowly away and beaten ~16lgths at Beverley in race over ~75yds shorter than today's.. might do better on second outing here, and tbf didn't have great draw that day..

in this extended 7f (7f. 173yds.) , and almost 1m race, I expect the second fav, Magsood 5/4, to get the best of the 4/6 jolly, Touch The Moon

no interest in eithere of those.... main reason I went for FI, is because of the trainer/owner-owner partnership combo of Craig Lidster & Alfa Site Services Ltd. between them, they've (#ish 😆 ) accounted for three of the trainer's winners, out of Craig's (trainer's) total number of five, in lst ~3wks....

.....#not fully, as Nick Bradley colours were worn in two out of those three wins , but the Alfa Site crew were involved also.

if I was favourite backer, I'd leave this race alone, esp with Johnston newcomer in mix.. why not chance an outsider, esp with an in-form trainer what has a hopefulle place prospect at tasty price 😊

one pick might do me today!

g'l

fekkit, another race with three pickes

Wolverhampton - Standard

not a lot of out and out frontrunners here - a lot who like to be close to pace; some out wide i'm hoping may be inconvenienced

DESTINED(2) 11/2 WIN

a third at Newcastle last Nov,, that were over 6fs , but shows she handles surface. not beaten far over Haydock's stiff seven lto when finishing fourth there..

Abbey's Dream 4/1 has plenty of solid 7f AW form overall (including a win at Newcastle) , and f/t cheekpieces might aid cause, but is short enough at 4/1

well punted Puntarelle - 11/4 from 5s at this juncture - must be fancied being down in grade, but aint for me.. is another with f/t cheekpieces applied... not liking her box eight draw nor her v short price..

DANCE ANGEL(6) 16/1 EW

ran a poor race lto over CD, hoping for better today. too hard to ignore at 16s, might could have let off if at a single figure price.. hard to get away from that 2nd placed CD finish in race ran in fast time in May; altho was only 6 runner Novice Stakes.. still, was beaten less than 4lgths lto, and horse finished well in front of the 3rd in that May run.. definitely a 'value' price imo, anyroad

AVIARY(1) 16/1 EW

Aviary is an out of form Mare. likely takes a while to come to hand (only 3rd run since ~9mth absence) and is a Cl5 CD winner from this month last year from exact same box - stall one. green shootes ☺️

happy enuffe with them picks and four places are avlble

La Muse guideth me towardes ye two 7f races, so'll also tek look at nxt race:

GLORY CALL 7/2 WIN

been on the improve sent being sent to Dunstall Park.. won over CD lto on his first ever 7f run... didn't win by far, and race weren't ran in seriously fast time, but shows that he's capable, and provided no bad luck in running, am not seeing why Ollie Pears' gelding can't go close..

looks like he needs to be handy/prominent and could've done with a better draw than box eight. jockey Harry Russell aint got best of strikerate's at course, so that's slight negative.. either way I think this one goes off shorter than 3s...

main market rival, Harry The Hagler 5/2, is still a maiden after eight starts.. does have plenty of placed form tho, and should go close, but has never ran at the track and that's negative enough esp when factoring price in....

CD winner Fayasel 13/2, could well be scuppered by the widest draw here... can't see this frontrunning type doing well from box twelve.. not a lot of out and out frontrunners here, so if Mia Nicholls can get him out early, then he'd have a big say.. can't fault his course/CD form ats, as his three course runs (all over this cd 7fs) have yielded a win, a second, and a fourth place finish... place prospects methinks, but no bettee

will also do three e/w dbles on the four (in total) picks from both races - with three of those in 7,30 and the one in the 8o'c... hope i've winner going onto ye seconde legge 😀...

that's enough for today.... what with me broke TV, don't think i've much interest in studying anymore, if i've gotta watch ye racinge on computer screen 🤣

#LaMuse #Artistry #StudyHubs

gl

6,13 Salisbury

chanced laying Debora's Dream for three places @ ~3/10... first ever run weren't great - when supported.. hope for simla this time out

5,50 F Las

KORROOR 22/1 EW... 2 goes at Wolves w/o obliginge... was well supported both times.... probably better than lto's 5th based on how race panned out - could be winneres to come from that Cl5 Novice Stakes race ran on Aug14. three of the four that finished in front of Korroor that day were considered good enuffe to run in a quality Yearling Stakes race at Yk a wk ltr - didn't they muche then, but they were there!! ....

anyhow, Korroor might fare better on turf and bitta cut in ground will hopefully helpe

Alice Haynes' newcomer has seen some serious coin.. not sure why Manhattan Village is 6/5 fav here.. not much doing on exchnges atm, but if similar price ltr, will deffo try laying this jolly for 3/4 places....

for all we know, could be juste ye books artificially shortening one based on her being a quality up and coming trainer....

#yacouldn'tbeupto'em

also, don't know if these Inns Of Court (sire of Manhattan Village) types are precocious types what can go well on first go.... could be showing plenty at home or summat, but don't mean he'll transfer it to track, today at least..

...does have some 'lofty entries' tho : Weatherby's Scientific, Goffs Million and Juddmonte - all this month and all top class races. also in a lowly Windsor Maiden on Monday, so 'green shoot' on that score - could be ye olde 'back-up-planne' 😁

enough for today... tv back working,, got us sky remote this morning - just like Stan told me I would on phone yday... 80% chance he said .. he weren't wrong. I was dubious meself tho... cheers Stan 🤣🤣

gl

3:20 Thirsk - Fast And Loose 6/1 to take advantage of the high draw, didn't run too bad last time after a little break and should be fitter for this today.

gl with him j !

ya convinced me 😊

• Advertisement

can't win 'em all j@utis 😃

he were prominent early doors on rail; went back a few spots during early part o' race... jockey tried tae get him to pick up just inside two pole - and then was marginally baulked by horse (on his outside , and ye eventual winner, Pendleton) , and was onepaced thereafter

possible Fast And might (with ye capital M) have picked up, but ws looking unlikely

not goode enoughe is ye verdicte missus 🤣

Advertisement