Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olivia Rodrigo 3 Arena - 30 April 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

25k tickets for tomorrow you are kidding right.

I notice there is an Amex presale for 3pm, Amex havent operated in Ireland for over 10 years, bizarre that they would have a presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Another easy example is Lana Del Ray, who didn’t have it.

So ticketmaster can’t handle 50,000 people on their servers but they can handle over 200,000 in the queue at the same time. Coming up with excuses for everyone must be tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Trying to understand which presale is which. It says Happening is Three and Presale. Then AMEX shortly, and then Registration on Thursday. Is that that one which you were either In or on the Waitlist (which I was). Assuming I’ve not hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Capone222

It would make sense if it was the tesco website and tens of thousands of people decided to order a home shopping at the same time, but not for ticketmaster.

Sure, there are some gigs and shows where there would be a slow trickle of purchases, but a huge amount of gigs are high demand with everyone having to log on around the same time and try to complete checkout at the same time, their website should be well equipped to handle the load.

The queue system is ridiculous. I looked for Taylor tickets when resale opened a while back and was waiting in the queue with 4 ahead of me. Why is there a queue if there's only a handful of people 😂

Three presale was this morning.

Amex was at 3

And then registration tomorrow was the one that everyone could apply for and either got a code or waitlisted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Feets

I dont have amex but my cod3 had allowed me four tkts. They were from 88e standing up to 272 seated. Didnt get them cos I had no card but just so people know the prices for tomorrow

It seems that the queue was very fast for the first date today, everyone must have decided to try the second date instead assuming everyone else would go for the first.

With Taylor they did staggered sale times so people with codes were able to try all 3 dates, but I think both of Olivias dates are going on sale tomorrow at the same time. It's not letting me on to check though because the three presale link isn't working anymore and now it's saying it's for invited fans.

I still didn't get an email to say whether I got a code or was waitlisted though 😅 so thankfully got them with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah pain in the hoop. I've a work amex but can't use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Yes and no. With Coldplay, i think you had to login to tm to get to the lobby/q. I was on the phone, decided to connect with laptop and it had the exactly the same q no as on the phone.

But yes, you can have more tm accounts.

Now imagine, everybody has 5-10 TM accounts and tries to get tickets to the likes of U2. You are 5 million something in a q, Ticketmaster crashes, but yeah, everybody will still blame Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

The new queue system is one position per account/phone number (if you have 2 separate accounts tied to the same number, the second account won’t be let in). Whereas before you had as many queue entries as you like. The amount of people entering multiple accounts in the queue must be tiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sabrewulf

Shocked by the huge amount of scam postings on twitter.com , always with the same pattern, so it's probably all coming from the same person:

Profile Name: firstname + Emoji

Handle: Personname + number

Followers: 2-figures

Following: 2-figures to low 3-figures

Posts: all reposts of random things, no own content. Except for the most recent posts, which claim to have 2 to 4 extra tickets to OR, which can be acquired by getting in touch via DM.

None of the above is suspicious on its own, however, the specific combination above is present across multiple accounts.

(I don't know what posts, fka. tweets are called now on twitter.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are mostly bots.

Scammers abroad, fraud is rampant on social media it seems.

This was all forewarned, even the Department of Finance outlined the pitfalls on implementing a price cap in Ireland, politicians knew better though.

“If, as is possible, the proposed legislation would lead to the departure of the established secondary marketplaces from the Irish market, the resale channels that will, to whatever extent, fill the gap left by their departure are very unlikely to offer the same guarantees to ticket buyers or to operate a business model that provides as effective a deterrent against ticket fraud.”

By simply introducing a price cap via this legislation, the demand for a secondary market won’t disappear, and this will lead to a black market being created and enlarged, forcing consumers to use unsafe measures where no other viable options are available. This has not only been acknowledged by the Department, but also by the European Consumer Centre in Ireland and many other academic studies and the Department themselves. In large part, this acknowledgement is why no other market has introduced any legislation that so broadly limits the existence of a functioning secondary ticketing market, as it is not beneficial to consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stacey888

Would anyone have a code for general sale for tomorrow for olivia Rodrigo please.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Codes are tied to ticketmaster accounts and are not transferrable.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stacey888

So I won’t be getting Santa tickets so. 😭😭

Received responses to my registrations in NL, DE, CH and FR tonight: all waiting list. But at least I got responses from all I applied to. For Taylor Swift no one outside of Ireland got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Badabing1

Got a access code for the UK, but does anyone that got one for Dublin know do you get a specific link to the sale in the email? Or do you just log into the website as normal. I'm being told my account is not linked to the access sale so can't even get to enter the access code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 happpyyy

Hi does anyone have a code they aren’t using please?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

You just go on to the website as normal as far as I know but when you are taken out of the queue you will have to enter the code.

Don't think it would be any good to you. Codes are specific to the account they were allocated to so you would have to be logged in from that ticketmaster account.

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah but it's not even allowing me join the queue? Says I'm not on an accurate has an access code linked. Not sure if it's because I'm too early maybe? It's later today they go on sale

*account, not accurate, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

You're too early I'd say. That's the queue for the Amex pre-sale you're trying to join.

No sure about UK, but in IE the Amex presale is still active (probably until around 2pm today) and the "general" (but still invite-only) sale starts at 3pm.

Yeah that seems to be amex, the waiting room for the three presale opened yesterday morning at 9:30....so the waiting room today should open at 2:30

Anyone that got waitlisted check your e-mails. My sister was on the waitlist and now has just gotten an e-mail to say she has been moved off the waitlist and it gave her a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I got moved off the waitlist!! delighted. Does anyone know if i'm able to use one device to look at 30th April and another device to look at 1st May? I'm worried about being kicked out for using the link twice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If you're just looking to purchase for one night, you should be able to have two tabs open and pounce on the one that gets you in quicker.

You don't enter the code until it gets to the point where you're selecting tickets, so you can have both dates open simultaneously.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I'm interested in this as well. Problem didn't exist with T. Swift, as there were two hours gaps between each day going on sale. Anyone any insights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

. nevermind

Advertisement