Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olivia Rodrigo 3 Arena - 30 April 2024

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some standing there now, non resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Paddy Houlihan

I have managed to get tickets for the Tuesday night so am selling these two tickets. One is assessable ticket and the other is for a companion if that suits anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Anyone know approx stage times for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Paddy Houlihan

Set list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

they say 8.30 but she does 1 hour 45.. and it's rare a 3 gig ends before 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Kids have school tomorrow and it’s very much a teen audience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Impossible to get the resale tickets for this on Ticketmaster!

Within 1 second of the tickets appearing they are gone or I am actually starting to doubt they were real in the first place after seeing it hundreds of times over the last 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

they are real, we got a 2 singles last week

Just need to be really lucky with timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah friend grabbed some today, was on ticketmaster constantly refreshing and got great seats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm not a huge fan of her (discovered her recently with her second album which i quite like) but I thought she was very good. She knows how to command a stage, her voice is very good, the band very solid and the production, videos etc excellent without making it too busy. I liked the changes between ballads and uptempo songs, my preference being for the latter. A younger crowd as expected which makes for great energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭marilynrr

It ended at around 10:15pm last night. I was surprised by the age of the crowd, there was lots of older people there, lots of teens but they were older, presumably all the younger ones were sitting or went to the front of standing.

@Feets

I saw a tout there asking was anyone selling tickets but not sure if he had any!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

When Olivia did the screaming competition, I think the number of young kids upstairs may have helped swing it for the balcony, despite the incredible racket from the floor.

I thought it was excellent. As good an arena show as I have seen, in terms of production value. I prefer the rockier stuff over the ballads, so they were the highlights for me, but absolutely superb overall.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Agreed, honestly think it was one of the best produced and enjoyable gigs I've been to - couldn't fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭marilynrr

@delbertgrady

The production was great, I loved the quirky dancers too!

There was a couple of very young hysterical kids standing in front of me for the first song but luckily they moved or I would have had to 😂

I see the Manchester gigs have been postponed due to venue issues, I imagine there will be a lot of tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

Daughter loved it last night but why oh why did they close the tunnel.. traffic was horrendous afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Very enjoyable show, will gladly go again wherever she plays next, hopefully get some sort of appearance next year if she does European festivals. Great band with her, had me impressed right after the first song when they went into half time at the end. Guitar solo at the end of Traitor was fantastic. Great to see the kids enjoying some good old fashioned rock music and hopefully she sticks to the rock side of things with her next few albums because she shines at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Went along last night and thought it was a fantastic show. Loved the moon crescent section, and even joked with the person who went with me, that when Olivia finished up the first song on the moon, that that's it she's stuck up there now!

Looking at the stats and it looks like she played the full GUTS albums and 9 songs of Sour (and a couple of bonus tracks from the GUTS Spilled thing). Pretty good going.

Post edited by fluke on

Advertisement