Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olivia Rodrigo 3 Arena - 30 April 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Got a code this time, the missus didn't. Exactly the opposite to last time (Taylor Swift). My account always gets queue position 30k+ though while the missus' usually gets ~5k, so I don't have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

I signed up for both the UK and Irish tour. My waitlist email is from Ticketmaster .co.uk. What are the chances that I'll get an email from .ie?

Nevermind.. got one from .ie too... again, waitlisted. :(

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭marilynrr

One waitlist and haven't received any emails on the other accounts yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

I only received a response to the Irish one for Olivia Rodrigo.

Last time with Taylor Swift I had registrations in about five more countries in. Received the initial confirmation that my registration was successful and I should keep an eye on my inbox for the eligible/waitlist email. I never heard again from any of them (even though accounts exist with the same email).

So, my expectations are fairly low for this one as well. Have registrations in for NL, DE, CH and FR and have not received anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

Got a code and also have a code for the Three presale this morning. Still not confident but fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Waitlisted for this (same with Taylor Swift) - gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Got three standing for the first night. I'm kind of stunned, to be honest. Furthermore, I screwed up and initially put in for two, before I realised I needed three; went back in and changed the order, convinced this would be a disaster. But three popped up. €95.80, if anyone's wondering.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

That's including the fees. No paper ticket option.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

Got through the queue at 8 minutes past 10 and all tickets gone.

Hopefully will have better luck with tomorrow's attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

I was 1965 in the queue for Tuesday and 2645 for Wednesday. No joy when I eventually got through. Fingers crossed for tomorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tommo19999

Happy to swap my Olivia Rodrigo tickets for a couple of Taylor Swift tickets if anyone interested.

I don't say this to brag; I'm just stunned that, for once, I was straight into the purchase page. I was never even in a queue this morning. For Taylor Swift and Coldplay, when I was always way down the queue (in the thousands), I used to wonder who were these people that apparently got through immediately. Turns out today, I was one of those people.

Is tomorrow's sale also a code? I thought the registration pre-sale was today.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

3 presale today. Tomorrows sale is general but you need a code to access it

Thanks. I was hoping there was some hope.

I'm absolutely gutted and fuming over how TM are getting away with this BS of excluding people from even accessing the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Capone222

Same. I was told there was 1 ahead of me for the first date(Must have been you 😅). I was #1750 for the second date even though I had entered that one earlier because I had to re-enter my login details for the other account.

Got offered 2 seated tickets first but they were too expensive, searched again and got 2 standing, they cost more than I wanted to pay but not too bad I suppose 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Disappointed. Got a pair of tickets in the basket but had an error message at the very end. Went back and all seem to be gone. Waitlisted on the general sale too.

I agree but I think it’s down to the money hungry artists and their management more so than Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I bagged 2 tickets for night 1 at €71 each. That’s the Christmas shopping started 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s not really. It’s more to do with ticketmaster capacity infrastructure. They just can’t handle millions of people trying to complete transactions in the same small window.

it would actually be beneficial for Artist/management to allow everyone to try and buy as then platinum prices would sky rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

How come they could handle it years ago, before there was a queue ?

They could sell 80 thousand tickets in 30 minutes, nowadays the queue barely moves in 30 minutes.

THIS!!

I bought One Direction tickets in 2013 and there was HUGE demand for all nights they played, and there was none of this registration/waitlist/lobby BS.

EDIT: 80,000 1D tickets sold in just under 2hrs.

Coldplay gigs were much bigger and they had no pre-registration.

The artist needs to opt into platinum tickets which is pure greed on their part.

The queue system slows it all down, Just timed it and even now I clicked on a Taylor gig and it took 40 seconds to get through the 'queue' system even though no one else is looking.

There has been a massive growth in devices over last decade. Would bet that most people trying for Taylor Swift/Olivia were using mutiple devices, accounts etc. this all affects capacity.

whereas years ago you might of had x laptops trying to buy you now have 10x devices trying to load and buy at same time.

demand for Taylor etc skyrocketing since last tour. The usa on sale day nearly broke ticketmaster even with registration nonsense.

the whole packages situation makes it more annoying on the back end as well.

Pretty sure Olivia management/ticketmaster knew that demand in europe/USA would be crazy versus available tickets so best limit access.

only 28,000 tickets available for ireland versus 240,000 for Coldplay . Factor into why registration was used/not used

Doesn't make sense, you said it was to do with Ticketmaster capacity but I can quite easily say that the Ticketmaster servers were tested far more by Coldplay than they would've been by Olivia Rodrigo had she not implemented registration.

Ticketmasters own technology should have improved over the last decade also. They have one job.

I don't think most were using multiple devices for Taylor because you needed a code.

I was in a queue recently and went to try on a second account and it wouldn't let me because I had the same phone number on the 2 accounts.

I tried on two accounts today (different phone numbers) because I had 2 Three presale codes......but that's one less pre-sale code that others could possibly have used so it's not extra devices trying to use ticketmaster at the same time.

Availability relative to demand is major issue. Pinch point of service. Inventory versus demand.

as today was 3 mobile sale there might of been 1,400 tickets per night available.

with general sale tomorrow for 25,000 tickets remaining maybe they think that 50,000 accounts trying to buy up to 4 tickets in same 30 minute window is pinch point.

you might have 8x number of tickets of available being sought tomorrow and ticketmaster can’t handle that nature of demand properly not necessarily the number of devices seeking tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This is what Fanirish said in 2024 gigs thread after announcement of gig registration...

"The registration process is probably more aimed to her USA demand but they are just using it worldwide."

This probably he has suddenly morphed into another speculative how they're certain how things work post.

Advertisement