Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 16 - Singapore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Amazing how it the TD came at the same time as their "bogey track" Christian was saying it didnt affect them but also said the same about being over the cost cap when they were so take that as you will, next race will show us for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

If Norris can start on the second row I think he could have a great chance tomorrow.

Ferrari has consistently shown good one lap pace but eats its tires on the long runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

In fairness to Tsunoda he set a great time in Q1 and was then impeded on a flyer in Q2. He had one chance left to pull it out of the bag and made an error. If Verstappen hadn't impeded him he'd have possibly been into Q3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Here we go!

Russell splits the Ferrari pair, of which Sainz continues in his rich vein of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ferrari on pole for the second weekend in a row, finally something to cheer about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

That’s a cracking looking grid.

Nailed it. 😂😂

Great quali that was. Fair play Carlos. Tell me we have it. 😁

Also, some upgrades on those Haas cars! Anyway, hopefully Max still wins tomorrow (even if I can’t see that happening). 😜

• Advertisement

Amazing Qualy and no red bull ruining Q3 ah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Russell to take out a ferrari in T1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I fully expect torpedo George to make an appearance straight through Sainz sidepod into turn 1

A Ferrari to take out a Ferrari at T1 continuing where they left off last race.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

on the rare occasion it’s happened where max is way down the grid it’s normally because of a penalty and you’d say he’ll win the race and he might but honestly the red bull has looked a mess all weekend.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What a brilliant qualifying session!!

Would love to see Max defy the odds and win, but I think that is too much even for him. Delighted for Carlos, hopefully Ferrari don't do a "Ferrari" and ruin it for him. I expected Alonso to be further up the grid, hopefully he can work his way up. I'm delighted for Lawson, Richardo must be feeling unsafe!

Can't wait until tomorrow 😀😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone else notice when Perez was doing the post -quali interview on Sky Sports F1 he looked like he had been crying?

Didn’t notice that, thought he just looked like the rest of the drivers tbh - roasting hot from the temps.

So Max has avoided any grid drops for tomorrow thank fook. Two reprimands for the pit lane and Yuki incidents and the team got fined €5000 for not telling him about Yuki early enough. No penalty for the Sargeant issue either which is fair enough, there were other drivers under investigation for that also I think. So he’ll start 11th, can’t see a win from there unless folks ahead of him **** the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great Quali session. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Woukd love to see Alonso or Lando win it.

I would not underestimate the Redhill do especially Max. They have had crap Quali sessions before but had great races and there is the new straight as well where Max could pass a lot of cars on. I can see Max on the Podium maybe in 3rd unless there is a major crash or pile up.

Balls to no penalties for max, maybe get away with one but both is just pure fluke. He ruined Yuki's lap and Yuki lost out he probably could of got into q3, or is it cause it's alpha Tauri and they didn't complain. Any bets on Lawson taking an engine/gearbox change before the race tomorrow 🤣

He will get his 11th win in a row from 11th place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mun1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mad grid, I read Mark Hughes’s article about Red Bull and they expected it to be bad, but not this bad. They also said that they ran Suzuka on the sim and the car felt amazing, so we should be cautious about saying the TD has done anything to RB just yet.

I would like Sainz to get the win, but the Ferrari chews its tyres up on the race pace. I’d keep an eye on Norris as well, that McLaren looks so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Russel will win it. The merc is quick and Ferrari make a mess of strategy.

They have been comfortably 4th or 5th in race pace with RB there. Now RB are out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The Autosport headline 'Verstappen escapes penalties amid Alpha Tauri no show ' sums it up really.

With the likelihood of a safety car it's still probable that a Red Bull can get a podium , Sainz has been rejuvenated and is Ferraris best chance of a win, while Hamilton is a better bet in race trim then Russell imho.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think a podium is a real possibility for Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ordinarily I would think he was a cert for podium no matter starting position, but they seemed to be struggling.

That has a nice ring to it actually - 11th win from 11th place. Not sure if he’s won from there before so fingers crossed you’re right. 😜

If Max can’t win then I’d love to see Carlos do it, he’s had the better of Charles the last while and I’d like to see his good form continue. Hopefully it will be a cracking race whoever wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Alpine had a good qualifying. Ocon 8th and Gasly 12th. Hopefully they will score some points tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The lack of penalty for Verstappen is annoying, but the fact that Alpha Tauri didn't send anybody to the hearing is galling. Ownership of more than 1 team shouldn't be allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭klose

Stroll won't be racing today, still sore from the crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement