Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon landing hoax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

@King Mob your post is off topic and has been deleted. Discuss the topic, not other posters, in a civil way or move to a different thread.

HS

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

There is no doubt that it is excellent stuff. There is a clear resemblance between the two. 

Markus and others got confused because Tim was standing behind that screen being interviewed. You can see the two TV sets in the background where he stood on the ITV video (the red arrow location is the ITV interview).

The blue screen was set up ahead of him during the measurement video.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The scale of the conspiracy is terrifying. Everyone is seemingly in on it, even the worlds astronomers! What's a conspiracist to do when faced with such overwhelming odds?

I'm tempted to give this a go.

Post edited by cnocbui on

@King Mob another off topic post deleted. You know the drill

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This simple video (and many like it) tackle the roots of this particular conspiracy theory

How rockets work in space.

Many conspiracies theories boil down to a person not understanding or believing one thing. They develop a belief that because they cannot grasp this thing, it cannot possibly be true. Therefore any other explanation, no matter how ridiculous, must be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I appreciate that you want to learn about the conspiracy and this is exactly the kind of discussion we should all expect in this forum. I used to love everything related to space but as soon as I started realising it was all fabricated, it was rather upsetting and took a psychological leap to get my head around at first. I do not expect you to watch all the videos, I just put those there for supplementary material for anyone interested.

But some of the obstacles that are getting in your way are unusual I must say. This one that too many people would have to keep it a secret, just has to stop.

1.The footage is absolute garbage, always has been. Convincing to people who aren't really paying a whole lot of attention, but complete garbage to those who are. It does not take hundreds and thousands of people to shoot the footage they are showing us. In the 60s and 70s they had airforce hangars where they shot the footage. In the Akers video he spoke of trucks going in and out of the hangar with gravel - do you think they would have to tell the truck driver "Hey, just so you know, we are faking moonlanding footage, but please keep it a secret ok?" This would be ridiculous wouldn't it? Indeed there have been thousands of people involved in the deception, but 99% of them were completely unawares. Once the set was ready, it was the 10 or so men listed in the Akers video who actually acquired and edited the footage that would then go on to fool the world. And before you ask, yes they did indeed launch a rocket and yes it took a lot of people to achieve this feat. Were they privy to the deception? no. Where did the rocket go? It crashed in the ocean out of sight.

From the 90s onwards they have greenscreens and parabolic flights. The only proof that NASA have related to what they are doing in space is the footage they show us. All the deception lies in the footage. When you think about it, in 70 years, there is actually very little footage considering what they have achieved. And what they have is complete garbage really.

I don't see why shooting the footage would require hundreds or thousands of people but hijacking 4 planes at the same time and flying 3 of them into three buildings wouldn't? NASA = the Freemasons. The Freemasons have 2 million members. They acknowledge that they have secrets. How come one of the 2 million haven't revealed the secrets?

Don't get hung up on this.

2.You are getting the videos mixed up. I showed two seperate incidents/gaffes involving Tim Peake. One with the chromakey screen (Chromakey screen is simply a green screen with the grid on it to help them when editing the footage). There is no source video for that as it's not available to the public i.e. it's an unedited fraudulent video. You can clearly see there is a green ball suspended in the video in front of the chromakey screen. Some eagle eyed skeptic then went and found the matching footage that showed Tim Peak manipulating a floating water droplet (which was CGI'd in place of the green ball):

The background with the ESA and union jack flags, even the lighting on Tim Peake himself, are computationally added retrospectively. There is nothing bleeding edge about any of this stuff, it is literally the same technology the weather man uses.

The other video with Tim Peake was a blunder with the rigging. You can hear a snap sound and a slight drop of Peake's waist as he somersaults. This should not happen in zero gravity.

In another blunder, the video editor completely neglected to edit the harness off of one of the astronauts in the background. Easier to see in the video but here's a screenshot:

Source: https://youtu.be/x6XeELc3QH8?si=94j9sVPHNMdQONZ6&t=701 (@ 11.41)

You cannot see the wires because they are edited out using software. You can often see them reaching for something that isn't there. That is the wire that is edited out.

With regard to AKer's testimony, dismiss it all you like but it gives us a really unique perspective on the moonlanding hoax. I don't see why the son of an ex-military person would go on the record and taint his father's name as a windup.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

OK, so let's pretend for a moment that the videos are faked.

How do you explain being able to see the ISS, or Starlink satellites, or Iridium satellites, or how does GPS work, or how does weather reporting work etc...?

No, lets not pretend. Explain what you think is going on in the footage, then I will address your other points. You can't take a completely unrelated topic just to distract away from the evidence I have provided.

Here's some more footage posted by the Indian fraudsters:

Incredible that people believe this is real. No wonder NASA got away with it for so long.

But your claims here are once again contradictory.

You are claiming that they go to the bother of editing out wires etc, but then leave in obvious mistakes that you believe blow the whole conspiracy.

If they are editing out one, they can edit out the other. If they aren't able to edit out the mistakes, there's nothing stopping them from doing a retake, or just not release the video.

It seems like the only reason these mistakes exist in the first place is so that conspiracy theorists have something to point to.

And still, your conspiracy requires millions of people to be involved.

Simply declaring "freemasons" doesn't make this issue go away.

As robin brings up, you have to explain how technologies like GPS works and how we are able to see satellites. But you cannot do so because regardless of whatever explanation you can possibly dream up, it would require thousands more involved in the conspiracy both to implement the explanation you suggest as well as to operate the cover up and make it seem like they are using satellites.

And the number only goes up when you add things that you've previously refused to address, like for instance the websites that predict when and where the ISS can be seen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Totally agree that it's possible to fake footage of people in space, not denying that at all. As for what is going on in those clips, probably something got caught on something, or something you did see and is in reality really mundane explanation happened to cause the people / items move in an unexpected way. They are in a cramped campervan in space afterall, things probably don't alway happen as they expect.

But if that footage is faked though then how do they make the transmission of the video signal follow the path of where the ISS is meant to be? Why didn't the USSR dispute the video of the moon landings at the height of the Cold War? Why didn't the USA dispute the Sputnik signal?

Edit: What are you claiming is dodgy about the video of the Indian moon lander?

• Advertisement

The usual explanation for the laser reflectors from people who just believe the moon landings were faked was that they were placed there by unmanned missions.

It's never been explained how these unmanned missions were developed and pulled off in secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's entirely related to the topic. It is central.

It undermines your entire line of argument which is based on a notion of space flight which is that it is not possible.

And yet we have visible, documented, established proof in the form of satellites and the ISS.

This is why your claims have no foundation or credibility. The theory falls at the first hurdle.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

None of the above is happening.

People with these types of belief are simply combing through hundreds of hours of space footage to find something, anything that can be considered "odd". It's then celebrated as proof of some conspiracy they can't explain, support or detail.

Any explanation gets dismissed. If it's debunked, that's ignored, and it's raised from the dead and recycled later.

Pick any fantastical conspiracy theory that you believe is false, and you'll notice it has all the same red flags you're using. All the same "techniques" also.

I'm actually a bit surprised by how many videos there are showing people photographing the ISS:

Some even seem to be in response to flat earthers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD-huRAnSb0

I wonder now if all of these youtubers are part of the conspiracy?

Another big red flag is the disinterest in the conspiracy itself.

This goes for all moon-landing hoax believers. No attempt to explain which "studios" the moon landings were shot in, by who, with which witnesses, when, and how. In 2 decades I've never seen anyone attempt any timeline or details with any credible evidence.

The thing is almost wholly reliant on incredulity "I can't believe it, therefore conspiracy" and denial "This thing is impossible, therefore conspiracy".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Watch the video I posted, that "blue screen" image is right there in the video and matches the item Tim is holding, you are 100% incorrect in your assertion there with incontrovertible proof.

And if you are 100% wrong on that long held belief, don't you think it's possible, nay probable, that you are wrong on everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

To summarise several years of this..

Conspiracy: All human powered space travel, moon landings, landings and probes to other planets, international space agencies, all satellites orbiting earth, the international space station and all science on the subject is "fake".

Source: One person

Evidence to date: None

@Markus Antonius Your post is off topic and has been deleted.

HS

That video was released 9 months after people pointed out the original gaffe. We would have to be naive to think NASA aren't monitoring the internet for people spotting their mistakes and releasing follow-ups for the "fact-checkers" to use in their articles.

So what about the other videos then with the harnesses either being pulled or not being edited out? No comment on this? We haven't even gotten onto the bubbles in space evidence.

For the lurkers (if there are any at all), the question of the ISS and GPS, despite this one being completely off topic to moonlanding/spaceflight hoax and despite me explaining in other threads in nauseating detail, I will explain it one last time here.

GPS

GPS or Global Positioning System is a proprietary technology owned by the US government. How it works is not in the public domain. Asking me to prove how GPS works would be like asking someone to prove how Coca Cola is made. There are many explanations out there that refer to satellites zooming around and aircraft and cars using radiowaves and line of site with the satellites to calculate their position but these are all bogus, even the ones on "official" sites. If GPS actually worked like this then there wouldn't be gigantic GPS blackout areas over every major ocean i.e. the place where you would need GPS the most. This is a well-known fact in aviation.

Having said this, I have a very good idea how it works. GPS is just a commercial form of Multilateration. Multilateration works using very precise time and many different fixed and moving positional coordinates. Anyone can contribute to this network by getting an ADSB and MLAT dongle, entering their exact lattitude/longitude and syncing their time with the internet. I am currently contributing to the multilateration network as we speak helping aircraft calculate their exact position. Airports have their own large scale navigation systems using dishes. Commercial multilateration (which is what I believe GPS to be) is basically a contract with every commercial phone network company to use their antennae to ping off and calculate position. To use GPS in your car or lawnmower etc. all you are doing is paying for the privilege to use ANY phone network antenna to calculate position. Sat Nav in your car can often run into the same issues planes do over oceans, if there is no antenna to ping off in remote areas you are going to lose your position. This wouldn't happen if there were magical satellites floating around indefinitely above us.

ISS

This is another thing (much like the moonlanding) that we are completely reliant on NASA telling us what it is. If NASA didn't say "this is a floating lab flying at 24000km/hr at 400km altitude, here's some footage to prove it" nobody would know what the hell it is. There is something, likely a drone that shoots across populated areas at a time specified by NASA. This is literally all anyone knows. Those videos of people showing 'ISS' shaped objects flying in front of the moon are fraudulent. Anyone can fake those.

• Advertisement

OK. So this means that all the people involved in GPS systems from the people who design it to those who manufacture the devices are all in on the conspiracy.

They would all be aware of how the system works and how it was different from how it is claimed to work.

There's no possible way for them to implement the system if they don't know how it works.

Also what your claiming about how the system works is just simply false.

Likewise claiming that the ISS is a drone adds even more people.

It would require the development of a hypersonic, high flying drone capable of flying around the world multiple times. It would require thr manufacturing of a bunch of these so that they can be used in concert or in case one breaks down. It requires massive coordination to ensure that these drones are in the right places at the right times indicated by the publicly verifiable flyover times.

All of these people would have to be aware of what they are doing. That's thousands more involved in a conspiracy.

Then we've all the youtubers and photographers that we've pointed to.

You're claiming that they are just faking their pictures. (Going to take a wild guess that you aren't going to back up that accusation.) So that's a few hundred more being involved.

There's no way any of that could be pulled off by the singular guy you were claiming earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Those unit square screens are standard for lots of things, you're simply wrong there, not admitting it says a lot about you and calls into question your reading of other evidence.

But, as said, why did russia fake a failure to the moon and India fake a success?

@Marcus Antonius There are not GPS blackout areas over oceans. I'm pretty sure we've been over this before and you are confusing radar with GPS which are two totally different things.

What air traffic control use to monitor airplane movements is the radar system sending out signals and listening back for the echo. The same as bats do to find their way about in the dark essentially. Radar systems have a limited range and so there are areas over oceans without coverage.

GPS satellites just transmit a time signal. They receive zero information back from whatever GPS device it is that you are using. Your personal GPS device on your watch, phone or in your car, plane or boat receives several time signals from different GPS satellites and because they are following defined orbits your personal device is the able to triangulate your location. Nothing about your location is transmitted back anywhere else via the GPS system. There are no blackspots across oceans.

Thinking about it, lays even more problems for the theory.

If the GPS works as Markus says with the need for satellites, then surely they'd just do that method and then wouldn't require any deception at all. Doing it one way and claiming it works another, impossible way is completely pointless and add even more levels of secrecy and conspiracy. And it runs the risk of engineers and experts (or even not experts) figuring out GPS doesn't work like it should.

There's no benefit to claiming GPS uses satellites other than to try and trick people into thinking satellites exist. But we are also being told that this fails completely because it's obviously a trick.

This is why it's difficult to get any concrete answers about conspiracy theories. The more solid they become the more clear and overwhelming the contradictions and flaws become.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod note

In the interests of fairness I have now deleted one set of off topic posts from both sides of the discussion so no-one can say one side over the other is favoured.

But from here on its pointed warnings for off topic/snide/swiping at each other type posts.

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Also there's so many hobbyists that hack every device known to man... So extraordinary none of them picked up on this. 😂

And none of the millions of physicists, astronomers, meteorologists..

None of the thousands of visual effects and CGI artists have spotted it either..

No whistle-blowers, no leaks from the millions of employees who've worked on space programs all over the world..

Not mention us, people who've seen satellites or Starlink in the night sky, clearly visible to the naked eye.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

take for example the recent failed russian attempt; was this a genuine failed attempt, or a faked failed attempt?

if the former, has every failed attempt at a moon landing been genuine, and every successful attempt been faked? if not, why would they fake failed attempts? (and i know someone will say 'for the apollo 13 style drama')

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That blue grid is used to track motion when videoing physics experiments, it's quite common to use because it's spaced at 10cm per grid square, therefore you can check how fast something moves past it based on many grid squares it passes. It you have ever taken a basic physics class for 13 year olds this wouldn't be news. It would never be used for CGI... IT HAS A FREAKING GRID ON IT making it useless for keying, do you know the point of the "Blue Screen / Green Screen" in the first place? He is wearing blue for god sake!! HE WOULD BE KEYED OUT TOO! The level of idiocy you guys will stoop too. Not one coherent thought.

• Advertisement

Also bare in mind we've not actually be provided a single motivation behind any of these people actually being involved in such a conspiracy.

It's kinda the opposite of a murder mystery.

There's no motive, no means and no body...

Advertisement