Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm very sorry for your loss Sardonicat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm so sorry for your loss @Sardonicat

May he rest in peace. Mind yourself.

So for all this time of being told how horrible I am...when Ive been away from you, it's strange how peoples views of me are so different from yours...the other day someone told me that I'm a very 'soft' person in how I come across and they didn't mean it as an insult. I was also told that I'm very 'calm' and collected. Another person randomly told me 'you're lovely' out of nowhere and they said it twice to make sure I heard them. So, thanks for all the critique while I've known you but I'll make sure to get a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Anniversary.

Putting a "happy" before that would be entirely laughable. So why must I continue to recall such inconsequential dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bannedboyband

Dear Randomers online and in person I've encountered.

Leave the bitterness go and you will be truly happy and free.

BBB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Newby BannedBoy - If this is some sort of jab at any of our posts here, leave your own bitter judgmental commentary elsewhere. You cannot understand what anyone has gone through, nor know what is necessary to make them happy or free, truly.

This thread was created to allow us to share our thoughts or feelings, and if bitter happens to be one them (and in some instances, bitterness is indeed very appropriate), this is an ok place to vent it.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Everytime we hang out, which is rare now, youre not very 'present', its like you dont want to be there, you stay for half an hour, rush me and get annoyed with me like im forcing you to be there, when I ask you if everythings ok or point out that you seem a bit on edge, you come up with some random reason for why youre behaving that way. You subtly belittle me by talking over me, making everything I say about you & I find myself rushing to finish sentences to point were im stumbling over my words because you seem agitated & bored when I talk about myself or something going on in my life. Youre always so self absorbed in our interactions & generally quite mean and its very draining, I leave your company feeling worse than I did before meeting up with you and friendships shouldnt consistently leave you feeling like that. You just make no effort at all & im remembering now why I stopped making time for you all those years ago & why you have no other friends. If youre annoyed at someone whose been nothing but nice to you, it's you thats the problem so meeting up and sitting there in a bad mood and putting that on me like ive done something wrong isnt how I want to spend an afternoon or a night out & its not something I can talk to you about because you'll make yourself out to be victim. Im pulling back from the friendship now, its not worth my effort or time.

Don't take me for granted to be or use me for your fun again ..I have my own mind and you may have persuaded me somewhat but you didn't create me...I àlwàys was who I am and in general I'm proud of how I handled difficult situations with you,. you probably wouldn't understand what I'm saying but anyhow.,

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Ages ago, when I was deep in connection with you, I went on an interstate trip. I stayed in a regional location, messaging you often. It was a strange, strange experience. I had lunch and then walked back to my room, intending to have a swim. I saw a guy walking up towards me on the other side of the small road. For some reason he caught my eye - maybe it was the beard. I began to feel lightheaded but wasn’t sure why and kept on going. I changed into my swimsuit and got into the pool, which was small, deep and shatteringly cold. By that stage I felt very peculiar. I barely made it out of the pool and back to my room. I think I was very lucky to make it. Then everything was both swirly and out. I could swear there were several men in the room, doing things to me. I don’t remember dinner and I felt very sore and odd as I headed off to do my work the next day. I’ve wondered since then what exactly happened, and who arranged it. It has stayed with me as a very unpleasant almost memory. If you don’t remember it, did something bad still happen? Yes, I definitely think so. The body keeps the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Dear x,

So I got a message from you yesterday. It was the 1st time I had heard from you in a while. You told me why you had not been in contact with me.

We lost contact with each other for a few years due to various things. You got back in contact with me not long before covid and we met up a few months ago. I knew you wanted to get into a friends with benefits situation with me. We had some fun that night and you were chatting and sex texting me since then. I have noticed that this is happening less.

So we are back to you I am so busy and I will send you a message if and when I feel like it.

The truth is that I feel sorry for how things turned out for you. I remember the person you once were and how you we were both their for each other in the past. I remember all the good times and how we cheered each other up and supported each other in the past. Now we are in this position and I know your not happy with me because of the no fwb situation. You made a decision a few years ago to turn me down for a relationship and moved on to get z pregant within a year of meeting her. You have been living with her and your child this past few years. So your not in a position to offer me a relationship. So I decided its a bad idea for us to get into a fwb situation. Anyhow I have my own life to lead and plans for my future.

Along with this what you told me in you last message I am not supprised at. You have been dealing with certain issues over the past few years and they are getting worse because you refuse to make changes. I warned you about this a few years ago and so did several other people but you kept doing what you always did. For you own sake you need to make changes because your life is going to get worse for you if you don't.

I have learned that you cant make people change unless they are willing to listen, want to change themselves and are willing to put in a bit of work in order to get where they want to. So I have decided that I will contact you and try to chat about things. I am not going to lecture you because I think you will just close down on me altogether if I do that and anyhow your an adult not a child so you should be aware of what you need to do now.

• Advertisement

Try not to lose your humanity...and you and your friends were right...we are not equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

T,

What was it that changed ur mind or were u just not genuine. Im actually gutted, but I'll get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭outside the rain

Thankyou...thankyou for 'teaching' me that no matter what I say or do it will not be listened too or considered because of my position..

But I already knew that. Thanks anyway ☺️

Dear x,

I finally got a chance to say hello to you today without anyone beside you. Then you decided not to hear me. I just want to say how dare you. I was very supportive to you in the past. I have seen you run after that couple a & b. Have you not realised that one of them will tell your business to everyone and the other person will disappear when you need support. I hope you realise that when your next bad patch hits that you can't contact me and expect my help.

You don't know the half of what I'm going through sweet heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ok I'm done. Cant do this anymore.

You've set out to achieve what you wanted and have got your way. You have broken me and I dont know what you want from me anymore

You keep changing the rules but forget to tell the rest of us, so forgive me if i cant keep up.

Family is supposed to have your back at all times but actually my friends are way more supportive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Mary,

You told me that I was the most difficult person you had in your 25 years to deal with, almost like I didn't want to follow your guidance. And that when I encountered bad behaviour in several workplaces towards me, that it was in some way MY fault.

Mary, you have my profile, you knew my labels and it would only have taken a Google search to find out why the impact of those labels would mean your suggestions were unworkable no matter how many ill throughout workarounds you suggested. Positive thinking does not pass driving pre-tests the same way that JUST FOCUSING on the material in hand overcomes sld-based memory issues.

I know you have been in your job for ages, so out of standard workplaces on a day by day, but even with that it should not be a shock to you that ppl who are in dead-end jobs who are board/unfulfilled WILL treat badly/bully the Newby who is different in any way, especially if that they trying to pass as normal.

If you haven't learned by now, that ppl who are bored and that way inclined WILL attempt to bully their "mark", where have you been? It's a basic life experience but you saying that makes me wonder if the reason you don't know this, is because you have always been the bully in those situations?.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Dear D

I know your life is very settled and your "love" for P is just a tingle that gets you through the monotony of your settled life.

BUT just cause he gives you a tingle doesn't mean he's not been a wanker to me, so please adjust your comments when I say he's making my already difficult job wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder than it needs to be.

C,

I could never ever see why ppl though you were sooooo wonderful, so kind, pretty, obliging etc.

I saw you rolling your eyes when I had an issue with the machine I wasn't trained to use, the way you pretended to not hear when I was given out to by boss bc you had not finished your work and I was expected to make up the data in some way. Those were just the incidents I had time to look around and see you two revel in my difficulties.

Now as I'm venting, I'll add that I heard and understood each of the comments made about the fit of my trousers(I'm sure you have seen by now that a lot of women my age prefer not to show all our gynaecology using the fit of our jeans)

You and P were by a mile at least, the worst pair at hiding the fact that the boss was telling you it was ok to treat me the way you both did. Also, do you know how it looked to everyone there(more importantly how it reflected on you) when you didn't introduce me to your much-talked-about bestie and boyfriend?

As for the hyper-casual(bitchy/smarmy) way you and P said bye to me when I left for my hols that last time was such a giveaway that there were storms ahead. Thus robbing your idol of what she felt was her advantage in stabbing me in the back while I was not there to defend myself or prove my case.

An aside, pretending to be busy when I leave for the day as you do not want to offer me a lift, was such a waste of energy as I never wanted to share a car with you two going in the wrong direction to me anyway!

I hope that your girls have recovered from your hands-off and dismissive style of dealing with ppl and by proxy, family!

After almost a decade and two countries away, I still can't figure out why ppl didn't see you as the scheming, dismissive, lazy, co-bully you were in our time as "teammates"!

Ps as you would know given your fondness for American office speak, "There is no I in team" unless c wanted there to be one.

I thought you left me earlier and I was so hurt. I'm still a bit hurt anyway like when you have a dream and someone close to betrays you...but in many ways I was also relieved.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

Posting here the other week reminded me of you tina,

Did you stay friends with H (as she would have been so handy to have as a free bed when you came down east)?

I woke up the other night laughing to myself, so tks for that. It's so funny to me that you knowingly made it impossible for me to cook when I have finished lectures, but then was moaning to H about where I was getting the money to "eat out"! it takes a certain type of person to annoy themselves about something they were causing to happen by their own actions.

Btw, that comment I made to you about H charging her vibrator and not wanting to have separate bills for ebs/heating oil, was meant to be passed on and sure enough, I wasn't one bit surprised when she suddenly decided that she would go along with the idea. I can only assume that she was indeed charging her vibrator using communal electricity for this purpose which motivated her to change her mind so quickly.

Complaining to H snr that I hadn't cleaned one saucepan to your satisfaction when I have lodged plenty of complaints about you not cleaning them at all, fooled no one, and it reflected so badly on you. Targeting a grieving person for one slip-up might have seemed cool but it was petty.

I very much doubt that you have outgrown these traits given your determination to make sure your life didn't change, so I'll pass this to you so you can teach your grandkids, if you want to point the finger at the person in the group with a known memory issue, double check they hadn't left the house 24+ hours ahead of when the water was turned and left on for the rest of the weekend. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy days indeed tina.

K

You can't really be mad at me for not saying that you would the only person wearing white trousers and brown trousers on a weekend in a city of 50k.

I know you are self-obsessed but honestly, you still believe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I still really hurt and upset. I feel like a fool. I believed and fell for everything. And I was the only one who was being genuine. I feel like such an idiot but still I miss u.

I made a piece of art many years ago..if you could call it that lol actually it's pretty good....it's a picture and I often get compliments and questions about it and it's very strange...like a premonition....the center piece of that picture that I chose... despite at the time my lack of affinity or affection to the center 'object' or to you...I was insistent that it must be there at the time and it reminds me of you, there's no way it could not and I encountered you way after...lol...it's just funny and also sometimes it annoys me when I pass it everyday on my stairs.

Dear Y,

I spoke to you last week after you sent me that message. After what you told me I gave you some advice. So today I contacted you to find out how you are. You then told me what your doing this week. I knew then that you refused to listen to my advice.

At this stage I have decided to just step back and say nothing. I can't solve your current problem and being honest it a problem entirely of your own making. I can't help you when you are unwilling or unable to make changes or listen to advice. It's your decision now to continue with what your doing. Your going to have to deal with the fallout this will protentally bring to you over say the next 6 months and in the long term. Other people in your life can step up and deal with you and what happens then.

This is nice. Just us spending quality time together 😀

K

Mick told me about the convo you and he had.

Lolled that a grown man thinks I'm chasing him when:

You picked up your phone when you could see I was calling.

I called to wish you luck with your fundraiser, as I said at the top of the call(I never thought you would pick up)

I'm known for my compassion for ppl in impossible sits such as the ppl you are fundraising for.

But never forget that I didn't get my hair done when we went out for Chinese that time. The reason I wasn't worth another phone call for years and years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Everytime you post something with your new girl I feel like im being stabbed in the gut! We were awful together & you treated me terribly, I still have a scar from that horrible night, I dont know why I feel so strongly for you, you were manipulative, a liar, you cheated and it was an all round horrible relationship & what you did when we broke up really sealed the deal, it was a horrible thing you did and for what??.. but when I see you with her and how differently you treat her to how you treated me, it hurts so much knowing you had it in you to be that way but chose not to be. It seems like you found the one & im heartbroken you couldnt find that in me. Id never tell you any of this but im really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Did you do that to me on purpose? Closing the gap tightly ye?

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Advertisement