Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think there will be people who picked up tickets for more than one show who have not yet decided which to go to who will look to resell nearer the event

Could have picked them up for days 1 or 2 before the additional dates were announced for example

• Registered Users Posts: 16 milu2021

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

A small mortgage payment, cost of living crisis went out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm the admin on Toutless and we've seen people targeting our Coldplay topic today trying to (and succeeding in) scamming people. We've put up a new warning on the site about a current crop of fairly sophisticated scammers who've compromised old accounts so the "new account" advice is unfortunately not a guarantee. We've also locked the topic for a while as it is so far out and as far as I am aware it is not even possible to transfer tickets yet. We'll likely open it up about a month out assuming we've no other reason not to. Please be very wary regardless of what third party ticket site you are using out there. There are a lot of scammers out to exploit people right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I've been saying this all week and have reported scammers on both Toutless and Adverts and warned loads on Facebook and Twitter yet people ignored my advice particularly on Adverts.

No talking to some people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I was looking at some of the posts on the Facebook groups and it would make your eyes water at how many red flags they have, but desperation in any scenario makes people act irrationally.

I get what you are saying but if people used simple common sense then most scamming would be stopped instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If your 'FOMO' is that strong , that it makes you totally irrational, and you send money for tickets that you (should) know arent available for resale, well .... 😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheIrishPC

Yeah one the people I was friends with on Facebook got their account hacked a few months ago. The scammer kept all the original posts with original posted dates, and the name of the person but edited the posts by removing the photos and replacing them with photos pretending to be a wealthy woman, and then posting new posts about investing in crypto and how they've made a fortune buying crypto. I removed them as a friend as it's a hacked account, but they kept all the mutual friends. This was to make the account look more realistic and a real person that has been on Facebook for years, although it still looks extremely scammy with all the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The way ticket sales are handled currently is such a mess that the government have to take some responsibility for it and make ticket master operate in a better way. Their legislation on ticket reselling has created many problems and not solved any, instead of touts getting paid over the odds for tickets the promoters are making tickets available over the odds because the demand still exists. So the buyer still gets fleeced.

Ticketmaster should have to make the official resale platform available within a specific period of time from the event, 6 or 9 months out and the seller can receive the ticket cost minus their first charges with the purchaser paying only the booking fee extra above the face value. This can stop people using reseller sites and dodgy dealings.

If people still want to pay 1k per ticket then thats their own business, supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Huge gigs there by a superb group but let’s be honest here that some of the prices were beyond the reach of the majority of regular fans.

Shame really

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Fanirish

The only way to stop touts is not allow transfers, which isn’t a feasible option.

if transfer option open this allows touts to transfer a ticket to someone. If not open they can’t.

also some artists don’t want the transfer window open until week of as this only makes life easier for touts as they have more time to offload and transfer the tickets.

for a small number of shows demand will exceed supply and for shows like this people will always pay over the odds. It’s just human nature.

government can’t legislate for people wanting to pay silly money for a ticket to anything. as you said yourself it’s their own business.

as for legislating against vip tickets or platinum. Artists/promoters will say they have right to charge more for better seats and they have assign how many to eat.

Same as airline charging more for first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The only way to stop touts is not allow transfers, which isn’t a feasible option.

That wont stop them, they will just buy tickets on a new account and give the login details to the new buyer.

You keep on going on about touting as if its commonplace in Ireland, its not, there is strict legislation against it.

The only tout in Ireland now is Ticketmaster, and the other "touts" in your mind are not touts, they are online scammers and fraudsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Kilteragh

Agree with all of this. Would there be value in outlawing Premium / dynamic pricing where there is no appreciable difference between one seat for €120 and the seat next to it going for multiples of it? Define a section as Premium (up in front of the stage for instance) and it cannot change price for the duration of sale.

Also could Premium be better defined in law so that the value would amount to something reasonably approaching the price paid rather than a plastic lanyard and a programme? Not easy I know.

Next up on the price gauging for concerts. A listening only ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That's ridiculous. The really sad thing, though, is how unsurprising it is

Still waiting for you to show us all this fantasy land where all these touts operate and exist???

The only tout now is Ticketmaster and artists like Taylor Swift and Coldplay that price gouge every last sent out of their fans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I never said touting is common.

I literally said a small number of shows a year demand is greater than supply.

“for a small number of shows demand will exceed supply and for shows like this people will always pay over the odds”

yes there is tons of online scammers on twitter, adverts, Facebook, TikTok etc again never denied that.

there isn’t really strict legislation against it. I could set up Instagram/Facebook account in minutes and start selling EP/Coldplay tickets for 2x face value if I want. And I’m sure someone would buy them in minutes, pay to Revolut etc.

And yes there is still touts out there selling tickets for multiples of face value for a handful of big shows. They just have be buried under exponential number of scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

I'd stand on Jones Road and listen quicker then that malarkey.

• Advertisement

My friend's sister is living in Seattle and just stood outside the concert for Taylor Swift, sharing videos of her and her friends singing at different vantage points to see the screens as they didn't have tickets. Looked like they had a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

You stop touting by having a legitimate place for people to sell unwanted tickets and buy those.

Ticketmaster have a resale option for tickrt holder at face value but they only open it when it suits.

They should be made open it in plenty of time for people to sell unwanted tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

I've noticed since yesterday on Ticketmaster the Music of Sphere portals that they now have it changed to.

Full Price Ticket

€60.45–€186.00 each

• Registered Users Posts: 16 milu2021

For people with plenty of experience getting tickets to popular concerts do you feel that there will be a decent amount of tickets floating around in the week before the gigs. With 300,000 or so people due to attend you’d have to suspect a certain percentage would miss flights, have a last minute work issue, get sick etc.

My experience is Ticketmaster only open resale and not the transfer option so they can pocket more ridiculous service charges.

Oh they also restrict resale and transfer of tickets for some events if selling poorly to ensure they sell their inventory first!

All Ticketmaster care bout is bleeding people try.They couldn't care less about the fans!

I could have just bought a single €320 experience ticket 5 minutes ago on Ticketmaster but I got a hold of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Med101007

I could have bought 1 ticket for €987.50 last night. So I'm gonna spend nearly €1k to sit on my own surrounded by people who probably paid far less for their tickets. Absolutely crazy prices, the boom must be back lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

For the hundredth time Yes , yes there will be tickets available next year.

There always are for stadium shows and especially with 4 dates.

Coldplay always release more tickets for their shows and with touting outlawed in Ireland these tickets wont be botted like they are for international dates.

Je$us Chri$t ...................

Whats next...

Leave the doors of the venue open , and you can stand in the car park ... €100 -

Sit in your car with the windows down ....€120

Fcuking scandalous gougers, and getting away with it .....

People pay the prices, it will always happen................

• Advertisement

Thatll be €80, thanks.

If you wanna upgrade to a kerb - €100

Kerbside with the road side bench - €140 ( optional with genuine bootleg tshirt - €190 )

Advertisement