Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lucky, all mine have been cars parts or invites for cars I can't afford. Or the ever insulting 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Congratulations, you won an exhaust system for a Bugatti Veyron 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

^That's my biggest annoyance with this game, it just feels like there's so much wasted potential. PD could've made those parts unlockable, maybe even tied them to some kind of "brand loyalty" metric or to racing cleanly online. Instead, we get this convoluted mess that comes off as the last remnant of some "surprise mechanics" BS.

I was doing some 10 lap races around Dragon Trail driving a Ferrari F430 and trying a few strategies.

My best result so far was 8th, racing on medium racing tyres and fuel setting on lean. Had to make one pit stop for a refuel and a new set of tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I haven't played as much in VR as I'd have liked as I find the motion sickness can be pretty bad on most tracks for me, it's less of an issue on tracks without big elevation changes.

I tried Daily Race B at Nurburgring Sprint track yesterday as it looked fairly flat, I haven't done much of the online stuff to date either. Proper racing against real drivers (and not starting from the back against rubbish AI that are way slower than you) combined with VR without feeling sick was a pretty great experience. Would love to do more of it but I don't think I'd even have the time to gently train myself to race on more tracks in VR without feeling sick.

The initial details of F1 23 have been announced and absolutely no mention of psvr2 support, quite disappointed with that.

• Advertisement

I love Alpine cars, so here are three I own in the game.

1968 A220:

1972 A110:

2017 A110:

The pink Porsche:

I never thought I would design a pink livery, but I got these dope shorts recently, so that's how the pink Porsche came about.

Three new cars coming this week. I would like to see more circuits coming sometime.

Well, I had a right stinker of a race at Dragon Trail. 10 lap race 700PP. Started raining heavily on lap 3, so I decided to pit only to discover I had no intermediate or wet tyres. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Have you considered applying at either Haas or Ferrari?

• Advertisement

Well I won 1 million credits on the roulette wheel so that softened the blow of that horror race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

It is kind of annoying that you have to buy all the compounds separately. I feel like you should just buy racing tyres as a set, then you can use the different compounds and weather tyres as the situation requires. It plays weirdly with PP points too, if you go with harder tyres you get to increase engine power or whatever and stay in PP limit, where really it would be better if the tyres were balanced purely for tactics and speed vs wear rate.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but GT7 gave me the Red Bull x2019 as a birthday present a couple of weeks back. Then I won a million in a draw. But it looked like the smallest prize...

This is down to €45 for PS5 and €35 for PS4 at the moment at Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I wonder what percentage of the game is on the disc and how much of it is downloaded.

I'd imagine quite a bit, because the PS4 version is on 2 discs, so if they're just to activate a download that wouldn't be needed. Google not helping, but shur you can't play it without the updates anyway, because it's extremely limited offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's 113GB after installing from disc and patching, but I don't know the split.

I can tell you one thing for sure, I would love an orange split on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement

I did some more online racing in sport last night. So far, I took part in seven races. I had 2x top 5 finishes and 4 clean races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I was surprised myself. I just try to stay out of trouble the best I can.

I got the clean race stars in races at Tsukuba driving MX5's. We raced around karts there Jim.

My toughest race was a Group 3 race in an NSX. I was out of my depth, plus I got a penalty for hitting a barrier.

It would be nice if more tracks were added.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Bought myself a logitech G29 and gear shifter. I really have a learning curve on my hands now, had a couple of runs and im shocking with braking at the moment with the setup.

You've to relearn the muscle memory and you won't be immediately faster with a wheel, in fact some top split drivers still use a controller. But the immersion with a wheel cannot be beat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I am just so used to a controller for it that its hard to get used to at the moment but I will get there :)

I wasnt really looking for faster times just a more immersive experience :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Change to bumper cam too if not already using it, practice on your favourite track.

Advertisement