Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Even if that. Theres assembly that goes over your lap that holds the wheel and there's dial thing that needs loosening so the wheel can tuck in as you fold it up and the reverse when setting it up

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

New gear assembled last week. Load cell brake being the biggest difference.

If your looking for league racing then check out 'Aero League Racing' on discord. Excellent community for all skill levels.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely setup @DarC_Kn1ght! What Nm is the base and how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

It's 8nm . Feels great after using a G29 for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Amazing @DarC_Kn1ght

If my wife came home to that kind of setup I'd be served divorce papers before the day was out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

I have a GT Omega cockpit. You can't go wrong.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My wife definitely would not allow me to have one of those in the sitting room. 😁

Is online on this always a bit laggy? Cars look a bit jittery moving around?

Depends on your connection. If everyone is lagging, it's you, if one car is lagging, it's them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Snaked in a silver for the Suzuka time trial last night, expecting a cool mil when I log in tonight. Beat the silver time by 0.003 seconds! Couple of fast bends and one slow turn I just can't get the hang of there, ie: the first corner, 200R and the Casio Triangle (according to Google).

• Advertisement

Key to the first turn is usually the end of the line in the middle of the road (or half way between that and the kerb on the right if you're in the gr 2) and don't use full braking, just ride the brake at about 50-60% through the whole curve, lift and blip down to 2nd to get you lined up with the final apex, up to third and slowly get on the power as you're liable to oversteer. 200r is just flat out, and casio is braking just after the 150 down to first to clip the first apex, short shift up to 2nd and take a load of the kerb on the second, then feed the throttle in on the long curve to the main straight

I have the theory, I lack the skills... Watching the world leader replays, and I can't even take in how fast they're doing it. I know I'll never be at that level, but I can see the amount of effort it would take to get to that level. This is also why I won't play online, I'd have to create a decal that says "I brake too early" for the back of every car.

Skill issue only comes in when you get to A/A+ issues, it just takes practice and dedication. Sure if all games were without the need of repition and practice then where would something like Dark Souls be?

Well I went ahead and ordered a playseat, should arrive tomorrow!

Currently on the menu book 34 to collect the AMGs. I noticed a big step up in difficulty from book 31 (supra). I think the problem is I don't have a good car at this level, the races are PP limited. Maybe the game is hinting that I need to buy a car from the shop rather than use the ones I win?

I'm using a FR car too, and it's sliding all over the show on the corners.

Also not helped by AI drivers who don't seem to care if you've taken the better line into the corner, they won't cede the line and will just drive into you anyway. The number of times I've been fishtailed by the AI....

When dealing with pp races, I'd always prioritise lightness and grip over power (latter has to be said in Clarkson's voice). If you're over steering in a FR car in the latter stage of a corner, just ease the application of the throttle (don't just jam it down) and if you're still hammered then a bit of TC and maybe countersteer assistance will help

Yea that makes sense, I'd figured the throttle thing, still prone to the odd spin out.

I think I need to learn the ways to make the car faster but without massively boosting PP. There are ways to do this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm enjoying the lap time challenge driving the Corvette C8 Stingray 2020 at Laguna Seca.

Ah lads, the roulette rewards system is a joke. I mainly always get the 4 star one for the daily thing, rarely the 5. The last 4 in a row were 4 star and I got an engine, and 3 x €10k, the lowest prize. Tonight, I get a 3 star reward. Open it, and I get the expect lowest prize. Except the lowest prize was a single gold bar, aka: €100k. The other options were 3 gold bars, stack of gold bars, and 2 expensive looking Gr.something cars. So maybe I didn't get the lowest, but from my recollection the cheapest Gr cars start at €400k.

Also, why is every 6 star ticket a part? I can't even sell them and are often cheap anyway. This game could be so much better...

Any other recommendations for credit grinding? I'm getting kinda sick of Tokyo Expressway and Le Mans 24 30 min.

I am fairly sure that I've got the lowest reward in every single roulette ticket I've opened so far.

Credit wise I think 30k is like the most I've won so far.

It really puts a downer on the game. I'm level 45 in car collector and the menu books I just unlocked will require over 10 million to buy the relevant cars. Even with the clean race bonus, that will require around 12 first place clean race wins on Tokyo or LeMans 30min races. It's like the game doesn't want you to have money in-game. Which it doesn't because it's a tenner for 750k credits or twenty for 2 million. So to buy all the cars to complete my currently open menu books, it would cost me over €100... Forza have an easy target to beat in fairness, and their career mode sounds excellent.

• Advertisement

I’d love to give Forza a go but the fact I’d need a brand new wheel to play on Xbox is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I was the other way round. Had the Xbox Logitech wheel and really wanted to be able to play GT7. You don't want to know what I ended up spending on a Fanatec rig that worked on both 😬

Haha, from what I can see the cheapest Fanatec cross platform is like 700quid! 😁

Maybe its time to try the Xbox streaming via PC, maybe that'll allow the use if a G29. Pity my pc is ancient and infected...

For €120 there's a convertor seemingly. Lot of money to take a chance...

I know it's coming to Game Pass on day 1, do all Game Pass games become available on the streaming service too?

The bronze medal award for the lap time challenge at the Red Bull Ring is 1:36.627

I set a time of 1:36.607

I'm hanging in there.

I was on a 1:30.6, which was gold at the time, and then the time went down, so I spent 25 mins on it and brought it down to a 1:30.3 to get gold again. This challenge is a lot harder than the rest as the registration period is about 60 days or something as opposed to two weeks with the normal ones

Tbh I've only used it once so I'm not sure, but I can't see why not. A quick search isn't showing any defninive.

• Advertisement

I was faster when I'd the time (about 90 minutes a day) during lockdown to dedicate to it, but I just about get 40 minutes a week to play it now, but regular practice is key to getting good at it

Advertisement