Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Superchargers in sandyford if you have Tesla.

No ionity. Selection of ESB 150kw in area, e.g. sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks for a prompt reply. I can never see one on Google search. All it shows is 22 kw and 50kw. I have a Volvo. Wish volvo dealers allowed fast charging like tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Check Plugshare, more optimised for finding EV chargers

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Or a better routeplanner either as a handy tool to plan out longer trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭markpb

There are no 150kW non-Tesla chargers in or near Sandyford. eCars at Knocklyon is probably the closest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah sorry - had a moment. Briefly thought the esb one across from aldi was 150 rather than 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I charged at Ionity in athlone yesterday in my kia ev6 my23. First 6 minutes of charge was perfect getting 230-240KW. Then it crashed out saying internal power error. Started again and went straight up to 240kW again and the charger crashed out again after a minute with same error. I tried third time and because the battery was charged up a bit higher the rate was then 190kw and seemed OK for the final 7 minutes of charging I required.

It was a hot day and I just wonder was the charger overheating due to the speed of the charge or something? Anyone else have an issue like this before.

As an aside it was amazing to see that charge speed on the car. Very cool.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That's some speed, very cool, how long will it sustain over 150kw for? I. E. At 80 percent what speeds does it charge at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭innrain

I would have tried a different charger.

Fastned says it charges at about 100kW@80%SoC and keeps above 150kW up to around 75%

• Advertisement

Used the same model charger in the UK last August in similar heat without issues, saw sustained 125kW without any problems

Admittedly a long distance from 240kW but the voltage was doubled in your case, so current and heat output should be the same

Might just be an issue with that charger, or local grid was struggling to supply that much power

It was still doing 190kw at 77% when I stopped it as that's all I needed.

It was very busy there at the te so couldn't try a different charger unfortunately. I would have liked to have tried. There was an ev6 beside me but it was an my22 so I could see it was only pulling around 190kw.but without any issue.

Funnily enough I think the ev6 beside me plugged in around the time mine crashed out. So two very high charge speeds maybe faulted the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

– email from ionity today

IONITY PASSPORT: THE FLEXIBLE TARIFF FOR YOUR HOLIDAY TRAVEL

Just in time for the summer travel season, we have revised our tariff model IONITY PASSPORT. With the IONITY PASSPORT subscription, you get access to the entire pan-European IONITY charging network.

Your benefits:

• Discount on the IONITY DIRECT tariff
    • Subscription with low monthly fee
    • Can be cancelled at any time with only one month's notice
    • Subscribe to the tariff and pay via the IONITY app

There was an article on Electrive about this. The discount has been changed from a generally fixed rate to a 20c discount on the base rate for that country

So for Ireland it's 53c/kWh as opposed to 73c

It's good that the subscription is available for 1 month, and I think it's cheaper at €12 (it was €15 and a 12 month contract IIRC?)

However, the higher unit rate isn't exactly great news 😕

It looks like a better deal than We Charge Plus which gives 50c/kWh on Ionity for €15 per month with a 3 months minimum contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭innrain

Elli is also changing its subscription to monthly but prices go up. 50c/kWh at Ionity on the most expensive plan. Prices at ESB and others go to 65/75c/ kWh for AC/DC. Existing customers unaffected

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like a 73c on the base Charge My Hyundai plan and then 15c discount per unit on the paid plan which costs €7.49 per month (initial 3 month subscription).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Ouch. That price rise to being a 20c discount (51c per kWh) instead of a fixed 35 per kWh price when subbed is dear enough.

The only positive is that it's changed to a monthly rather than 12-month sub.

The elli change is similar (but really taking the mick for regular AC or ESB charging rates if you don't have a sub)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

surprised they dont, given they have a deal and specific card with Ionity with Polestar. 35cents per KW on Ionity chargers with a Poestar specific RFID card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Anyone else experiencing throttling at 80% at ionity Goffs

I'm driving a Kia EV6 . The last two occasions I’ve charged there it has dropped from 150 odd at 79% to 8 or 9kw KW at 80% SOC.

I was the only car there so I’d planned to go to 90% as I’ve a bit of juice then to spin around Dublin and get back down to Cork City.

wondering if it’s an Ionity setting ?

For a busy charging station ?

I disconnected each time at that speed .

The car was set to 100% DC charge both times .

That is just your car assessing your battery cells. It will pick up speed again after a minute or two. This is normal behaviour. I have an ev6 also. The speed will start to drop off significantly as you head towards 100% to preserve battery health. The advice is only DC charge to 80% as much as possible.

Post edited by tommythecat on

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Thank you . I didn’t consider that . Once a month there on the Dublin run would be as much as I’d usually DC charge .

Its no biggie DC charging up to 90% every now and again so next time just hold on a couple of more minutes and it should speed right back up to a decent speed until 90% then it will slow a fair amount until 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭eltoastero

Something to note for those considering joining the Elli subscription "Drive Highway" to avail of the €0.50 / kWh rate on Selected partners (IONITY & BP Pulse etc) across Europe - this discount is not being applied consistently like I'd hoped.

The €0.50 / £0.44 per kWh rate (from the "Drive Highway" sub) is not being applied to any NI or UK based BP Pulse/Chargemaster site (instead it's £0.66 per kWh, the reduced DC charger price)

But the €0.50 per kWh rate is being applied to UK IONITY and European IONITY chargers, which is great.

I thought I'd found the best solution to take advantage of the new BP Pulse sites in the North, while still having some reduction on the IONITY chargers here.

I think Elli changed the deal last month so it's now a per country rate instead of a flat rate for all of Europe

This has resulted in some countries going up in price AFAIK

Another paid subscription with Ionity, from Chargemap this time

Again rates vary between countries, for Ireland it's 62.8c/kWh, so 10c below the standard rate

Monthly fee is €38.70 for the first 3 months then €12.90 from there on. Minimum contract is 3 months

Honestly it's not the best looking deal, but I guess it makes some sense if your heading to Europe for a while. Chargemap does work on a lot of chargers in France for example

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭eltoastero

I'd based my assumptions on the "all tariff details" pdf that they provide. Maybe it's an error with their app.

Thanks to @innrain and @mfceiling for spotting this planning application

12 Ionity chargers for Finglas near Charlestown Shopping centre

https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/95308

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I wonder has that location more to do with BMW, VW and Porsche being right next to it than the Shopping centre? Or a combination I suppose.

Advertisement