Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12805 National Grade IV 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

Got another EOI for south dublin just now but it’s unsuitable and only for 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 will346

Captaingaol... I'm on a supplementary panel. It said on it that candidates may be offered temporary positions/part time positions/specific purpose (like covering maternity leave I assume). Depending on your circumstances, just getting in the door could be a first move (obviously in a role you feel you would enjoy/would be suitable). If it's only 12 months, chances are other opportunities will come up while you are in the role and also, you might be offered permanency. Also, I recently started a HSE funded job role and my contract is 12 months, but it auto renews every year.

Thanks will346. Unfortunately it’s not suitable with the travelling required too so hoping more EOIs come up for something more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KellsG

Thanks Rob for that. It will be a long wait so for the Supplementary panel.

Of the EOIs that have come through on the national panel... have any of them been for part time jobs, for example 19.5 hours per week instead of 39 does anyone know? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Newuser2023

Hi Will346

I accepted a job and just waiting to sign the contract, i'd say it was roughly 6 weeks from the start of the EOI to accepting my position and in that time 95% were full time. I'd have been interested in part time myself. I saw 3/4 part time jobs advertised but they were specified purpose/ fixed term and at opposite ends of the country.

I accepted a full time role and hoping with flexible working/ remote working it will be manageable. Failing that I have plenty of parental leave available to me/annual leave.

Anyone get any EOIs for wicklow supplementary panel or is it too early as panel only went live on 2nd May?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

I have just received my start date, took a while, but hey at least its done. Good luck to all the rest of you! Hope you all get something out of this panel :)

How long did the process take from getting expressions of interest and an offer to getting a start date?

Best of luck DEW138. Hope you enjoy your new role :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Newuser2023

I too received my start date this week !! Nervous but excited, I am so looking forward to the new challenge.Captaingoal it was roughly 8 weeks from acceptance to start date.

Best of luck to everyone still involved in the process. Hope to see some of you back on here when we all apply for the Grade V :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

It took me nearly 2months from EOI accepted and start date. Just received the contract now :) i am in the same department so not really big change for me, just a certainty of permanent position 👍

Congrats Newuser2023 and DEW138. Hope you both enjoy new roles. Hope to be joining yous one of these weeks!

Are there many EOIs coming through on National Panel for Wicklow county? I emailed admin HSE. They said they have to clear national panel first. I'm on the supplementary panel. So, I'm hoping there are more jobs in Wicklow than people who applied for Wicklow. I know I'm on the supplementary panel and have to wait my turn, but at the same time, it would be great to see something in the inbox indicating that something might happen in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi

I am on the National panel for Meath interviewed in April got my result and my place on panel went live on the 2nd May got my first EOI yesterday for Cork so it's moving a little slow for my county also

Thanks Caoimhe2. Maybe if I'd been aware I'd have been better applying for national panel and waiting for jobs in Wicklow to come up 🤔. Wonder are there supplementary panels for other counties and why there seem to be multiple panels.

Hey well I'm thinking not many applied for national panel so that's why they ran the supplementary panel

So when u apply for national or supplementary you choose your county

Jobs are sent to your county and if no one express an interest in the job it is then sent to the national panel

Hopefully you will not be waiting to long

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Hi everyone,

I have been called for an interview on Teams scheduled for next week NRS13325) And tips on what kind of questions do they ask, and will it be more than one interviewer? Also, I am based in Mayo and if I was to get offered something does anyone know what area this will be in? Thanks guys!

Hi Lisaod. I can't remember exactly what the questions they asked were, but I think there are hints in the documents they send beforehand. They are standard structured interviews where you give examples of how you meet certain criteria. I am aware that I'm not explaining myself well! They look for examples of how you deal with communication, customer service and so on. So, if you can think of a time when you saved the day by communicating to your team/colleagues or give an example of how you handled a dissatisfied customer and so on. If you are doing the interview online, you can stick post-its on around the monitor to give you hints at the examples you plan to give as the questions come up. Not sure if this helps, but wish you the best of luck with it. Main thing is, don't panic. I had a panel of three interviewers and they were all polite and explained themselves well in terms of how the interview was going to go and who would ask what questions.

• Advertisement

I'm on wicklow supplementary panel and just got an EOI for Cork? 🤔

I’m on Dublin supplementary panel and got the same EOI I’m pretty sure. Was it for an Eating disorder service? Are we all on a national panel then?

Same. Must be getting offers from more than one panel 🤔

Right, here's a completely dumb question... I got three EOIs today for unsuitable jobs. Does this mean the damn has been unblocked and I should get a few more coming through the pipeline or does it then go quiet for weeks on end? I know this is a how long is a piece of string type question!

EOI was sent out to Cork no one expressed their interest in Cork so when this happens it goes to the national panel

I have a family member working in the hse and they said it depends on when people put job orders in. The panel I’m on had lots of EOIS two weeks ago but nothing much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Exactly. It's a national panel we all interviewed for. You chose your county of preference as well. So if that was Mayo for example the EOI will go to those who chose Mayo. If noone there expresses an interest then it goes to the full panel regardless of county choice in case anyone wants it

Hi all. I just accepted a Grade IV position I am currently on point 2 of the grade 3 clerical salary does anyone know will i start on point 1 of the grade IV salary

Well done on the job! Haven't a clue what point you'll be on, but at least you're on the Grade iv scale now and can take it with you if you decide to change roles! Hope you love the new job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

You go to the nearest point on the grade iv scale (euro wise) plus 1 if that makes sense. So more than likely point 2 on the Grade IV scale. Your increment date will change to the date you start the position

Advertisement