Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12805 National Grade IV 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

You’ll start on point one of the new Grade IV payscale

• Registered Users Posts: 34 will346

So, I've an EOI for my area. Anyone know off hand how quickly they move on it all if I express an interest? Anyone who has been through the process maybe? So, for example if I express an interest tomorrow, will it take until next week for them to come back to me? I'm relying on them moving slowly while I weigh up options! The email says:

·         If you are asked to proceed to (pre-employment clearances) and you choose to do so, you will not receive any further expression of interest emails for Specified Purpose Posts, however, you will retain your place on the panel for Permanent Expressions of Interest.

·         If you are asked to proceed to (pre-employment clearances) and you choose to do so, but later change your mind and decide to decline during the clearance process, you will retain your place on the panel.

Does this mean that if I proceed to pre-employment clearances and then later withdraw that I will only be offered permanent positions in future and not specified purpose OR does it mean that if I later change my mind, I stay on the panel for both permanent and specified purpose? 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catharinamorley

sorted now thanks anyhow

Post edited by catharinamorley on

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Can't answer the end of your question but for me from EOI closing to job offer was withina working day. So closing was 12pm Friday, had offer 10am Monday with acceptance needed by 5pm Tues

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

If the post you are interested in is SP you can take that role while staying on the panel for permanent positions

Someone I know expressed an interest in a role heard back within 2 days but with paperwork to be done they wouldn't start in their new role for about 6 weeks

• Advertisement

Thanks Caoimhe2. My concern is that I have another job interview on Monday for a job that sounds really interesting but i doubt I'll get. But if i did get it, id have to pull out of the hse job offer which seems a bit unfair of me. Plus I'm not sure about taking a specified purpose contract. Maybe I should wait for something else to come up. Equally i don't want to have no job! So, I'd love to know how late you can pull out after accepting a job offer and still be on the panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Hi guys, if you are offended a job for the Recruitement campaign is it only a temporary job or what? Because I’m looking for something more permanent. Thanks

So, the interview went well? They seem to be offering both permanent and specified purpose contracts. So, you could just ignore the specified purpose jobs and go for the permanent ones. Or, if a job comes up for a year that you like, you could take it, get your foot in the door and then keep looking.

Thanks for that, just anyone know, how soon do they go looking for/contacting references? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that, just anyone know, how soon do they go looking for/contacting references? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sarah-doherty

Hi, does anyone have any update on Donegal? I have my interview next week and I am curious if I am lucky enough to pass the interview is the any jobs?

Hi I'm not on the panel that long and a few jobs have came through for donegal best of luck with the interview

Applied to one of the expressions of interest there the week before last. Heard nothing back since they acknowledged receipt of my expression of interest. Do they notify you if your order of merit is not met, or do they just ignore you? Thanks

Hi if your order of merit is not meet they just ignore you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmtoh

I interviewed for the supplementary panel for Grade IV a couple of weeks ago. Waiting to hear back currently. I know the type of work expected in general terms obviously but would be interested to know a bit more specifically what roles Grade IV tend to undertake in the HSE (if that makes sense)?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Honestly there's so much variety it's impossible to say. If your on a panel and start getting EOI you'll see the variety. Some will have to manage people, others won't

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisaod

Hi everyone,

I got my order of merit today and I’m 32 for Co Mayo. I’m hoping something will materialize from this. Does anyone know of the waiting time to be called. Thanks everyone and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmtoh

Anyone on either panel receive any EOIs for Dublin North of late?

Hi Can anyone please help. I'm in the onboarding process and they are insisting on a reference from my current employer. I don't want my current employer to know I am leaving and also they haven't confirmed my starting salary etc. So why would I risk my reputation in my current job for a load of uncertainties? Is there any way around this please???

One of the last steps is contacting your current employer there is no way around this. I am sure you know where you will be working as you must of expressed your interest in a role .Your salary starts at the first point of IV scale unless you have previously worked in public sector

• Advertisement

Thanks. Absolutely shocking though. In the private sector you select references from over your career. At least that's the way I've always done it. I'm on a public sector scale now but it's not clerical so I'm hoping they match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 intotheunkown

If you email and ask them will you be entitled to increments they will tell you ... Might help your decision before you give reference.

Hi you need to request a verification of service form this applies if you have previously worked in public sector fill that in and then they should be able to tell you if your previous experience will be taking into account for your salary

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hsejobhelp

Hi guys

Looking for some advise, I've accepted a job with the hse and going through the recruitment process and on the final stage just waiting for occupational health and Garda vetting.

My current job had been contacted for a reference which is the norm and I told them I've accepted the job be still waiting on a start date but now my current job are insisting that I hand in my resignation now so they can advertise my job but I still don't have a start date with hse and it could be another 8 weeks, they are constantly calling/messaging me about this and it's making me very uncomfortable even wanting to be there.

I totally understand they need to fill my role but I don't want to loose any benefit i.e my increments or pension by handing in my notice without a start date?

Has anyone had a similar situation or any advice what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Meanman

Just reply to your current H.R asking are they "dismissing" you and ask is this "constructive dismissal". That will focus their minds.

Hi all has this campaign gone very quiet or is it just my county have received no expression of interest for my county in over a month I am in Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jupi

I emailed them last week about this panel as Laois has been extremely quiet overall and the panel is still active. Since this panel was set up, I recall only 5 jobs being advertised for Laois! I'm in the single digits on the panel and nope still nothing. For such a huge recruitment process and then adding a second panel, why did they bother when jobs opportunities are slim! Worst recruitment panel in the public services I have ever been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harryhol

Hi, I know this is a few months old now but I have a question for those in Grade 4 roles in the HSE. I took a grade 3 role almost a year ago because I needed job security but I have 20 years experience in administration/secretarial work. I've gone for a grade 4 but I'm wondering if I'd be able for a grade 4? I find the Grade 3 terribly boring as I was used to being very hands on and making decisions myself, working in a very busy working environment, juggling lots of tasks and I enjoyed that. Is Grade 4 more like this? With 20 years experience working in admin would I be deemed to have enough experience? I missed out on the Grade 4 campaign by sending a blank application form as my old laptop hadn't saved it, I was gutted. I really want to move up a grade but as I say although I have years and years of experience I'm only barely in the door as a Grade 3. Thanks all and I hope ye are enjoying your new posts!

• Advertisement

Hi I am very similar to yourself I had years of admin experience and supervision experience I started a grade 3 role and grade 4 came up in my department internal I wasn't a year in my role as a 3 and I went for the grade 4. I am now a few months into my role as a 4. The payscale is a little better my duties have also changed. I have now went for an external grade 5 and I am now on a grade 5 panel waiting for a role that will suit me. So my advice is don't spend too long in your grade 3 role if you have previous management/supervisor experience go for your 4 even have a look on hse website and apply for other departments.also I found my QQI courses helped a lot so if your interested in upskilling have a look or hse land have a people management course you could apply for. Best of luck

Advertisement