Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12805 National Grade IV 2022

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harryhol

Hi Caoimhe, I don't have Management experience per say, I did train people in though and I was senior staff in my last job with more jobs than the others that's what I'm nervous about that I don't have enough experience,I really need to get out of this job though. If another 3 comes up internally I guess I couldn't go for it could I? I know there are more opportunities in other departments. I have gone for the 4 anyway and I'll keep trying for everything that comes up. Can I ask do you have to another probation period of 12 months also what courses would you suggest I do? Sorry so many questions and the very best of luck in your new role and on the 5 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hey training people is supervisory experience and being senior staff gives you responsibility so you are well qualified..you could go for another 3 but why when you are qualified to go for a 4 the longer u stay at a 3 the harder it is to get a 4 ...job specification is not much different for a 4. I got my grade 4 only 6 months into my 12 month probation but by the time all the paperwork was sorted I just hit my 12 months so I did not have to do another 12 month probation. But by the time u submit an application get called for interview then jobs get sent out from the panel then by the time u accept you would probably be close to 12 months. Look on hse land I know people management is qqi level 6 certified course and your manager will sign off for you to do the course. Or have a look where u live or try springboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harryhol

Thanks Caoimhe, my previous role is actually classed as a grade 4 so if I get called for interview I will mention this also. I really really hope if this opportunity doesn't go my way that something else comes up sooner rather than later for my own sanity and obviously my pocket too. I'll look up more HSEland courses also. Appreciate your advice Caoimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 will346

Hi all

Bit of help appreciated. I did interview for this in March. Accepted job offer several weeks ago. I now have a job start date agreed.

However... I have been asking since July what my salary will be or indication of point on scale. They won't tell me until contract is issued. I work in a different public job on a totally different scale.

I find it strange that I have a start date for a job whereby I have no idea what the salary will be.

My problem is that if the pay they offer is substantially less than what I'm on now, I'll have to pull out.

Of course I feel bad about this, but I've been asking all along for an indication of where I might end up on salary scale. So,I feel that I've done my best to get information.

I'm assuming the HSE, being so large, are used to candidates changing their minds during the onboarding process?

As I'm still waiting for a contract I can't give notice in my current job and it's eating away at time between my start date and quitting my current role.

The whole process is so stressful I'm tempted to just call it quits now. Stress every day worrying about salary, job security, the notice period and so on. Nightmare.

Anyone have any similar problems?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

The salary scale would be the application form if you are coming from another public service it will be a slide across the panels. If it is a promotion you up an increment. I’m open to correction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 will346

Thanks for that. I'm coming off a non-admin scale so they could argue I'm nowhere on an admin scale and have to start at the bottom. If they'd just tell me then I could let them know if I can sign a contract or not. Its stressful all this waiting for a simple answer from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

I start my job tomorrow and I’m so nervous. I haven’t been given much info about what I’ll be doing but it’s a new service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blonde123

Any news with this embargo

Advertisement